Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Gah, stuck, need some fic advice. I really don’t wanna have to rewrite this AU fic from scratch but having two Seers as characters means I don’t know why nobody’s rescued my protagonists yet. Okay, Terezi’s a Seer of Mind, can only see the consequences of decisions, and if “rescuing them” isn’t a decision the relatives would make because they think they’re dead, she might not be able to see that. Kankri’s a Seer of Blood, though, and he knows the relatives of the captives so he should be able to track their bond, and while he’s kind of a jerk there’s no way in hell I see him not telling someone that their relative is actually alive. Setup already shows he’d know the characters in question (Dolorosa is one of them and it’s Familystuck AU) so I can’t just have him not meet them yet. Anyone got any suggestions?

2. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

a void player could be obfuscating the prisoners, mebbe?

3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Possibly! They were captured by Dualscar, who is associated with the Zahhaks; also, Mindfang is associated with the relatives as well (Prospit versus Derse fantasy AU) and could be using her own powers to nudge them away from searching in order to hide her own involvement in the illegal slave trade.

I need to work out how the magic system in this AU version works... gaaah, worldbuilding is hard!

• Witnessed x 2
  4. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Also they worship the cherubs in this AU, but considering how destructive and dangerous even the "good" cherubs can be, I'm thinking their primary mode of worship is sacrifices to make sure the cherubs stay far away. "Black Mother, pass us by..."

• Winner x 1
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

What classpect would the Dads have if they were players? I'm slightly leaning Void just because STRONG.

6. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

is Void connected to physical strength? I mean, Equius’s strength is heavily implied atm to just be a Blueblood Thing.

• Agree x 1
  7. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Mom Lalonde punches a giclops apart.

8. That’s because the void players use nothing to fight with, except their fists. (Usually)

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  9. chaoticArbiter

I mean, I guess it might follow, then, that Void players often end up stronger than others, but I think that’s more....how do I put this? I think it’s more likely that because Void players often end up fighting with their fists, they end up stronger, rather than Void inherently lending itself to physical strength.
    I mean, Roxy herself is a Void player and she uses riflekind and I don’t recall her ever demonstrating a huge amount of strength. Mom Lalonde probably has more physical strength because she’s had more time to build that strength as a consequence of fighting with her fists a lot rather than a real weapon.
    basically: I’m not sure “lots of physical strength” is a great basis for “Void player”.

10. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was thinking of Roxy's fistkind as well; I don't recall the Dads ever using a weapon beyond hitting monsters with the safe. I feel like if the two Dads are being played as separate characters (which I think they are, and am doing in this AU) they should have different classpects but I don't know what.

12. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

It's canonical that so far every void player has had fistkind as at least a secondary strife specibus, You can see it when Roxy equips riflekind at some point I'm p sure.

• Agree x 1
  13. chaoticArbiter

I know that.
    my point is that lots of physical strength doesn’t necessarily mean being a Void player, because while Roxy does use fistkind in addition to her riflekind, she doesn’t ever demonstrate any especially impressive physical strength like Equius.
    basically: Equius’s inherent strength is a blueblood thing, and not a Void thing, and while Void players using fistkind might LEAD to them being very physically strong, that doesn’t necessarily mean that physical strength or even using fistkind mean the character is a Void player. most especially the physical strength. a Void player could have fistkind and suck at it because they AREN’T physically strong.
    fistkind is a Void thing but physical strength is not and that is literally all I am saying

14. chaoticArbiter

also, baking has been a thing connected to Life and John’s dad bakes. maybe he’s a Life player!
    ...bluh. I’m sorry, but the whole “physical strength is Void and they both have physical strength so obvi Void” is bothering me and I don’t even know why and it doesn’t even MATTER because this isn’t even my work or anything to DO with me
    I am leaving now

15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Okay, geez, it was just what sprang to mind! What are the other options? Let's think about that.

16. chaoticArbiter

hey so
    I’m sorry for snapping, esp over something that....inconsequential
    it’s your AU and you should be allowed to do what you want with it, and the association wasn’t unfounded or bad or anything and I’m sorry for p much treating it like it was.
    I was probs taking things out on you that have nothing to do with you. I apologize for that as well.
    with that said, I think I should withdraw from the conversation because I don’t trust myself to not immediately repeat what just happened. I’m also sorry for making a fuss and then immediately leaving, but I guess I’m just....too stressed to think clearly in the moment when Feelings. so. I apologize, and now I’m gonna go and probably drink stupidly fancy coffee.

(eta: Chel, I just want to add that I appreciate you trying to defuse me flipping out with your most recent post, and not....idk. yelling at me? yeah thanks)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  17. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's okay, people flip out. I've been doing that recently too.

Void was the first idea which sprang to mind because the Dads seem to fight with their hands and occasionally pieces of furniture rather than a weapon designed for the purpose, hence fistkind. (On that topic, headcanon; Horuss changed his to footkind, because horses don't have fists, and can kick through a brick wall.) Blood could tie into their bonds with and support of their kids, Life for the creative side shown in their baking...

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Also Dadbert and Momlonde having an aspect in common could be sweet.

• Like x 1
  19. Guys I Have Important News

There Is A Rose Dakimakura On WLF Along With The Vriska One

I Can Have Body Pillows Of Both My Waifus

I Am Very Excited

• Winner x 2
  20. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice