Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Thought; Beforus didn't value violence like Alternia did, so did they come up with different weird compound words for everything? Like, what's their equivalent of a legislacerator?

Also in my every-species-lives-together AU should Prospit run like Beforus while Derse runs like Alternia?

2. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I mean, they might have the same words, but very different ideas of what the job entails. 'legislacerator' was a legal position, like a lawyer--that's a thing that could exist in either society, but I'd imagine the job itself would entail some very different things from Beforus to Alternia.

3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I know, but it's the "lacerate" part of the word which is making me wonder. Beforus doesn't approve of hacking people up.

4. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

Maybe Beforus used it as a reference for how a good one would behave in court? "We are the scalpels of justice, cutting away lies and deception to reveal only the unblemished truth! We are warriors of the court, ensuring that all can be assured that they will receive equal mercy before the court and that only the facts of the case will matter!" sort of thinking.

Alternately, they might have used terms that would be more familiar to humans. Go ahead and pillage ancient languages, if you need something that isn't blatantly modern human.

5. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

it could be the word means something different, seeing as the beforan definition of cull was different

• Agree x 2
  6. chaoticArbiter

....you know, I never even realized it was 'lacerate'
    I read it as 'legi-slacer-ator' though so that's probably why

7. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I know it's the wrong time period but I now ship Charun from Hiveswap's Troll Call with Nepeta. Cave-dwelling artists unite!

8. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Back on the compound words, I recall one fic in which Alternian (possibly fanon) "medicullers" became "medicoddlers" and I sort of like the idea of Beforus using terms which are creepy in the Beforan way rather than the Alternian way.

• Like x 5
  9. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Since Nektan and Mierfa aren't in the Extended Zodiac, what does everyone think their classpects would be?

10. Wait, there are trolls with symbols that aren’t in the extended zodiac?

11. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

12. Huh. Wonder why they didn’t just. Add those to the zodiac.

13. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

14. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

well, all the new signs are made up by the Hiveswap team, and Mierfa and Nektan's are general astronomy signs, I think? And they might not've wanted to have 2 odd ones out.

Also, Mierfa's doesn't match the cobalt blood color exactly. so they might not want to do hers, but have it the wrong color.

15. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Nektan and Mierfa have somewhat limited profiles, not sure if I can pull sufficient info for classpects from that.

16. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Someone's rant gave me a wonderful mental image which I now have to somehow work into a fic:

• Like x 3
  17. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Well, it's not like soccer is an arcane secret. Someone could have, you know, talked to them about it. Explained it. Showed them how to play it. Like.... I really don't get the rant at all.

Also, you can be a nerd and know how sports work. Like, even i, a sportgame hater, know the general rules of at least 4 sports.

• Agree x 2
  18. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

I know, but the mental image brought up by the rant is hilarious.

19. chaoticArbiter

I saw a thing about demonstuck and now want to write some things for a demonstuck AU, so I've been establishing characters and the like.
    at present, Derse dreamers are (mostly) demons, Prospit dreamers are (mostly) not demons and some of them specifically hunt demons.
    I'm enjoying myself. also, Rose is gay for Kanaya in spite of the fact that she's a demon and Kanaya, y'know, sorta kills demons. it's a good time.
    that said, I HATE that this is kind of a poisoned well for me. I keep getting excited, then remembering "demon hunters", and then hating myself and everything and wanting to quit.
    blah.

20. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

fact of the day: "meatball marinara" is a valid ancestor name

• Informative x 2
    • Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice