Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Oh, hey, cute worldbuilding tidbit in the new Friendsim!
    Trolls apparently type with their knuckles because of their claws.

2. ... that doesn’t match up with what we saw in homestuck, I don’t think. Also, claws? Do they like. All have those? Not just the furries?

• Agree x 2
  3. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

In Homestuck they had stubby stylised fingers which could have been doing anything, and yes, they all do.

• Agree x 1
  4. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Wait, but there were panels like this

[​IMG]

And there's a similar one with vriska on Prospit where she doesn't have claws either.

• Agree x 1
  5. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

nah it’s not just the furries! they all seem to have claws but
    -it probably wasn’t initially intended to be that way, since trolls were mostly grey humans when initially conceived
    -a “lot” of trolls type with their knuckles, but not all of them do, so some likely either keep their claws trimmed or type normally in spite of that
    [​IMG]
    -death of the author baybee, do what makes you happy, it’s supplemental material anyway and not necessarily canon to homestuck itself if it’s not your cup of tea

personally i really like it, though! i have headcanoned them with claws for a long time so i’m very >:D rn

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 1
  6. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I'm trying to type with my knuckles nd it is a pain.

7. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

the only way I could manage to make it work without screwing up half the words was by seeking and pecking one letter at a time, which is slow
    but trying to type with all fingers on the keyboard at all times like normal results in snhit llikke tnihs
    ....it is very hard to reach all the appropriate keys without full finger length

• Agree x 2
  8. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

it´s doable if you huntandv peck anyway but hare on the nhands. <Example.

10. turtleDove

turtleDove Well-Known Member

I'd imagine it's even harder if you've got a quirk that requires a lot of using letter-replacement or using the shift key. So it might just be something particular to a specific subset of trolls? Ones who are in that weird bit of the Venn diagram for trolls who are 1) too poor / too hard on their keyboards already to afford getting the kind of keyboard that can stand up to clawed typing, 2) refuse to trim their claws, and 3) don't have an alternate workaround that would be easier on their hands.

(Would seadwellers even be able to manage knuckle-typing? I headcanon them as usually having webbed fingers, which reduces manual dexterity to begin with...)

11. YggiDee

YggiDee Well-Known Member

I've got it.

Trolls type with their knuckles based on what art style they're currently rendered in. And if their knuckles get sore they can convert to sprites, which don't have knuckles or claws.

• Winner x 8
    • Agree x 1
  12. Happy Hivebent Day, you nerds.

• Like x 1
  13. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

HAPPY WRIGGLING DAY TO MY BEST CRAB BOY!!!!

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
  14. chaoticArbiter

hm
    hey guys what do y'all think Wicked would be like in Homestuck
    cause I feel strongly that What Is This Feeling would DEFINITELY be the start of Glinda and Elphaba having black feelings for each other
    but I can't figure out if Elphaba would be a mutant or not, and I feel like if she was, the play would need to go differently or it would be like. underground banned media
    because a mutant character can't be RIGHT on Alternia, if they even exist
    honestly the whole "Elphaba opposes the authority in charge but is actually kind of right about it" feels like something that'd be frowned on, considering Alternia
    especially if Elphaba was a mutant or a lowblood, which are the only options I can really see
    maybe a lowblood with an "acceptable" mutation, like some of the yellowbloods? hm

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  15. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Wicked is subversive and was swiftly banned.

• Like x 2
  16. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

What Is This Feeling is 100% a pitch song, ever since I learned about trollmance it has been one and you can't change my mind. You wouldn't even have to change anything

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
  17. chaoticArbiter

I wanna make an AU where the alpha and beta trolls exist all together but they're all sets of troll twins
    but I can't decide if I wanna set it in Alternia or Beforus

18. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Proposed alternative solution: make a third planet.

• Like x 1
  19. chaoticArbiter

...YES
    I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I SHALL CALL IT, BUT YES

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice