Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Hello yes I too am here for this.

Do it.

Do the thing.

• Like x 5
  2. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

hnnnnnrg I just watched cascade for the first time I remember

GRNYYYYYYUJIBWMR

Also JANE
    and THE OTHER KIDS NOW AAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am EXCITE

Also calliope and caliborn
    I want to REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAD it

rthjgnrrrh
    SO EXCITED OHMYGOSH

anyways
    yeah

• Like x 7
  3. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

okay, the spoilers I didnt bother to avoid have wrecked some things for me...

but...

CALLIOPE AAAAAAA
    she's so nice :D
    I dont want caliborn to show up now, he is just gonna fuck everything up >:/
    sigh.
    still
    Calliope!!

• Like x 4
  4. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Calliope is the ultimate cinnamon roll tbh.

• Like x 3
  5. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

to paraphrase a wise man, 'i will face god and walk backward into homestuck.'

here i go

• Like x 20
  6. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

Golly gee wiz I didn't know there was a homestuck thread here.

Does anyone else read Liveblogs? I know some people are talking about rereading homestuck for the finale - Why just read the comic when you can read about someone else reading the comic!
    There's only a few that are active right now, my fav is Nora - she's a dedicated troper who's almost to the Doc Scratch intermission.

@Carnivorous Moogle you should liveblog homestuck for us on the forum..

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    • Like x 6
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

so... i'm kind of flipping my shit a little right now? if you haven't seen yet, dante basco was in an interview with looter news on youtube and talked briefly about working as a creative consultant on a project called homestuck 2.0. here's the interview, starts at 6:51:

and the dialogue:

DANTE: “I recently signed on as a creative consultant for a fandom that I’m very much a part of called Homestuck. Becoming part of the team in helping to conjure up what Homestuck 2.0 is gonna be and bringing it to television or digital content, and a new game’s coming out that we’re–”

INTERVIEWER: “You said it started as a webcomic?”

DANTE: “Started as a webcomic seven years ago, and Rufio is actually in the webcomic!”

INTERVIEWER: “Really?”

DANTE: “That’s how I got involved. I’m helping them– I’m bringing kinda Homestuck to Hollywood.”

so, thoughts?

someone pointed out maybe this could be interpreted as him saying homestuck 2.0 to mean hussie's next project and not relate to homestuck at all, and there's always the chance it's a hoax - but if it's real, i'm excited!

• Like x 5
  8. I'm just imaging how embarrassed/excited Hussie must be to be working with Dante because he drew a couple panels of them smooching.

• Like x 8
  9. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

I consisted posting about this here myself when my post took off but I see there was no need. Exciting, huh? I've been doing a lot of speculation on my blog tonight.

Edit: also yes I can back up @mizushimo, loveblogs are great, particularly Nora at the moment. (I'm eternally sad that Lil' Sis seems to have gone the way of Treestuck and so many others, though).

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    • Like x 1
  10. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

i'm not sure how to feel about this

on the one hand an animated series would be cool... but on the other, i have so little faith in hussie's artistic vision that if there is to be one i'd much rather it were entirely fan-made with no involvement from the man himself

11. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Where are you getting animated series from? Is this just you fulfilling your username?

• Like x 1
  12. Asherinn

Asherinn A Person, Probably

If there's one thing I don't wanna see it's Homestuck watered down into a movie or tv show. It'd be cool to see something like Hiveswap that's set in the same universe though. Who knows. Taking it all with a grain of salt for now.

• Like x 1
  13. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i'm still hoping for sbahj the movie

• Like x 6
  14. Asherinn

Asherinn A Person, Probably

@Deresto the world's not yet ready for something so pure

• Like x 4
  15. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

*moive

• Like x 6
  16. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

Oh hell yes. It's going to be awful but I'll still love every minute of it. I have a suspicion that it's going to be something VERY loosely based on the homestuck setting, rather than a retelling of any part of the webcomic.

17. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

It's gonna be Squiddles

• Like x 5
  18. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

well a tv series was one of the main things BlackholeKG was speculating about on tumblr, and it wouldn't be live action, would it?

19. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

It might be. After all, Dante has been involved in a live action Homestuck video before. That said, an animation is probably more likely on balance.

What it sounds like to me, based on Dante's talk of "television... or digital content", is they have product but not a platform. I think they are working on some sort of video format series that may end up on television, but perhaps more likely will be a webseries (possibly on netflix but maybe even on their own site), which would definitely be more achievable with the current resource set What Pumpkin has - then again with people like Dante on the crew, who knows where they could be going with this?

I'm going to wait for more information (I also sent an ask to Dante directly to see if he might clarify anything at all, lol).

20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

oooh, but what if it was? today's special effects are really something, the meteor stuff alone would be astounding if they could get a big enough budget

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice