Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. could be. cotton candy blood is also a them thing. (which is a cool mutant blood color tbh)

these kids and their fantrolls : )

2. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

so re: cinnamon blood, while that's definitely not a canon thing, a lot of people in the fandom have made, like, extended blood charts, with varying shades of blood colors as 'these are all the same caste and can be referred to slightly differently (like rust vs. cinnabar) but they are all the same caste still and all acceptable colors', so it's possible they're running off a different sort of chart that has a particular color of the rust category labeled as cinnamon? and that's the color they mean, rather than like....the canon color of the character in that caste, so they're calling it cinnamon specifically?

that aside, I really wanna know what cotton candy blood color looks like. please. do you have a link or something

eta: oops I said that the chart I like to use for 'not-canon-but-still-in-this-caste' colors didn't have cinnamon but it absolutely does. it's a bronze blood color. good bit lighter than Tavros's.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    • Like x 1
  3. keltka

keltka the green and brown one

imo if the cotton candy is blue it's got a better chance of being in but maybe they're classing it as a type of fuchsia?

I LOVE the extended blood chart stuff that people have going ngl

also, I'm imagining—like I know personally I'm not a fan of people describing my skin tone with food-related descriptors, but is there any alternian equivalent for blood, because holy fuck I bet it would be awful (and hilarious) to use in fic

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  4. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

God I was just thinking of some blueblood waxing poetically about their crush using foods for color descriptors, and the target of said affection just wrinkling their nose like "dude.... No. Stop. I'm not a dessert."

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    • Like x 3
  5. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

you: gamzee

me, a brit: gamzed

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  6. keltka

• Winner x 3
  7. keltka

8. rje

rje here comes the sun

I signed up! I think. I hope I did it right, anyway lol. I don't have an AO3 though so I need to do something about that.

I'm excited, I haven't done one of these since that one shipping competition on Dreamwidth a looong time ago.

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  9. keltka

I saw, and am SO STOKED! I think you defs did it okay, you wanted two pieces of art in derse, right?

10. keltka

• Winner x 1
  11. rje

rje here comes the sun

Aw awesome! Yeah, from what I saw it was either sign up for 2 pieces or 4, right? I was actually curious about whether that's a minimum or a maximum, like can you sign up for two, but do more if you end up being able to? Or would doing more require signing up to pinch hit?

12. keltka

It's a minimum! You can tell us if you want to do more later, but this is how we track who's willing to do the least of what. Technically, if you want to do more than what you signed up for, we really appreciate it if you sign up to pinch hit (which isn't a hard and fast commitment like signing up as an artist/writer is), just so that we can have names down in the spreadsheet and track who's doing what and where we can put people, etc etc

If you sign up for 2x pieces, but finish 'em quick and decide you want to/can do more, you can let us know! The sooner you tell us, the better—because there are way more 2x signups than there are 2x pieces, we're going to have to figure out how to coordinate two artists per writer in certain cases.
    (one option: if you see a pitch you LOVE and you know you're gonna be down to do more than two pieces for it, then you can tell us asap and we might be a little more willing to give you that one)
    (people who signup for 4 arts get first pick of the pile, basically!)

13. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

Did everyone hear the news today.

Dave/Rose was confirmed a thing that happened in an alt timeline (Davesprite's iirc?) and people are freaking out.

• Like x 1
  14. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Heard the other day. I'm happy.

Also the reaction to it is hilarious.

• Agree x 3
  15. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

[​IMG]
    i’m really happy for confirmed bi rose and dave. (he also said that alpha-timeline dave and rose had “attraction on some level” before they found out they were related, as well as “something happened between [davesprite and rose]”) the whole thing is hilarious and i’m pretty pleased about it.

• Agree x 4
  16. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

It was a ship I liked way back then, so even if it's stirring some negative sentiments I'm happy to see it getting a bit of a mini revival.

Also the fans of it frankly suffered so much on tumblr that I'm happy for them as a group too. It's not like canon didn't encourage that interpretation beforehand.

• Agree x 3
  17. keltka

tbh I like the "hey this could have/would have happened and it'd be fine and great" little reveals that he's doing because it just kinda....reinforces the reminder of HEY ALL SHIPS ARE CHILL IN HOMESTUCK TOWN vibe and I'm a BIG fan of that

the daverose peeps I'm friends with are mcfuckin stoked though!!! it's so great they're all so happy

• Agree x 4
    • Like x 3
  18. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

okay but where was this confirmed? like not that I doubt it was--I definitely don't--but I want to see it! like....was it said IRL, is there a video, was it a tweet or a post on Tumblr please I'm dying I need to see it

19. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

It's in an author's note in one of the books. I don't own them myself so I don't have pictures of it.

• Informative x 1
  20. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

In the third Homestuck flesh-and-blood book. One of the authorial comments.

• Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice