Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

To be honest I've been thinking about how it might be possible to do a live action Homestuck adaptation for years, and I think it is at least possible, given good cinematography and effects to stylize it in a way that doesn't feel like too much of a jarring shift from the tone of the comic.

2. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

i would be SO up for that

especially since the prank the homestuck fandom played on everyone else with the squiddles show

• Like x 4
  3. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

I own the wiki

• Like x 4
  4. Petra

Petra space case

Yeah, I think this is probably going to be a big fan project, not an official project from Hussie, but it's confusing because he's calling it an official fandom thing, iirc?

5. BlackholeKG

If it's something that could be published in a television format (which he pretty much outright says), then it's an official What Pumpkin project, because otherwise Dante and his team would be committing copyright infringement in a commercial project. Besides, he says he is a creative consultant, not a voice actor like he is for the CoLab (which is winding down its production anyway).

Also, we already know that Dante and Hussie are meeting and possibly working on something together.

6. what if they're dating

/shitpost

• Like x 3
  7. BlackholeKG

Hussie drew them kissing and Dante wanted in on the action, the world's most beautiful relationship ensued.

• Like x 5
  8. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Why so? He's still firmly in ownership of all the intellectual property, yeah? I mean I can see where he might want to move on eventually, but there's still a huuuuuuge fanbase to tap there and I personally kinda doubt he's bored or done with it quite yet.

Anyways, whatever it is, I am hype. More Andrew Hussie bullshit is always great, and knowing some of the projects and actor-activism Dante's been involved in gives me more confidence that they'll be able to keep it from getting watered-down or whitewashed if they're going to a tv show or movie.

• Like x 2
  9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

10 season show of the 48 squiddle session plz.

• Like x 7
  10. BlackholeKG

Guys I'm so excited holy shit

ipgd is a legit source and they've been posting a whole bunch of pictures of Hussie talking about the impending update on their blog and then this appears to be a legit confirmation from an account which I am fairly certain is definitely theirs that tHE END IS ALMOST HERE

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    • Like x 5
  11. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

Holy shit.
    I can't believe I'm going back to checking mspa daily/hourly/let's face it it'll probably end up being every five minutes once we actually get into it in 2016
    I can't believe I'm still able to get hyped up over this I thought I was all done hyping after it didn't end last year

• Like x 6
  12. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

Okay so im cactching up with homestuck over spring break and i just got to Act 6 act 4 adn
    it is one flash long?????

really hussie
    really

• Like x 6
  13. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Act 6 is all over the place from a narrative standpoint, but Hussie's trolling is still top notch.

• Like x 4
  14. Exohedron

Exohedron Doesn't like words

Upon further thought, I've realized that yeah, I don't even care about the characters or the story anymore. Maybe the pause has been too long, maybe Act 6 just fizzled too much. But I am totally excited for whatever bullshit asshattery that Hussie will cook up to piss off the fandom for one last time, like John looking forward to Karkat's first conversation with him.

• Like x 3
  15. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

that's nice and meta, i like it

• Like x 1
  16. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

UPDATE *bangs old, dusty pots and pans*

• Like x 9
  17. eddie

eddie ...

Instantly regrets not re-reading before any upd8.
    It's been some ages since I needed context for this guy, lol

• Like x 1
  18. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

IT BEGINS.

• Like x 2
  19. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

*screaming*

• Like x 2
  20. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    I NEED TO SCREAM ABOUT THE UPDATE
    THE UPDATE HAPPENED
    IT IS A THING
    AND IT'S SO WEIRD I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON WHY DIDN'T I REREAD BEFORE THE UPDATE

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice