Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

Uuuugh. the art is so cute >:3c

Though we've conveniently used up our spare lives for a number of characters...

I don't understand. Why does something need to crash? Is it because big upd8's have crashed things before?

• Like x 3
  2. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

the art is so cute i really like it
    everything is going too smoothly though!!! i don't trust this! there are too few complications! this is too smooth!

• Like x 6
  3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Cascade basically crashed half the internet
    newgrounds was first, then in quick succession megaupload, youtube, tumblr and twitter
    Hussie's tweet on the matter was particularly great and flippant but i can't remember how exactly it went or find a screenshot

• Like x 2
  4. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I didn't know about the last three. I just remembered up to Megaupload. (Possibly because I got it off Megaupload before it crashed, and then I was too busy having my mind blown to worry about how much more of the internet it destroyed.)

• Like x 1
  5. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

"Well that didn't work" was the wording iirc

• Like x 8
  6. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

that has to to be so fucking surreal, to see two sprite versions of your dead mother. oof, got the Dead Mom shivers.

7. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

@TheMockingCrows well, not really, since

This is Dad Crocker; his mother was an unknown woman and his father was Alpha!John. Nanna is Beta!Jane and the mother of the long since deceased Dad Egbert.

• Like x 2
  8. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

I'd forgotten she was unknown. I remember he's Dad Crocker. Severe lack of lore memory derp moment, my bad.

9. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

rose and roxy are definitely shipping it

• Like x 2
  10. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

• Like x 7
  11. OHGOD DIRK'S OKAY I was legitimately worried for him there even though it looked like it would turn out okay

• Like x 5
  12. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

Aviari, this fic is good! I am not very far in yet but I like the details a lot.

• Like x 1
  13. Zuki

Zuki Well-Known Member

It's fukkin amazing, that's wwhat it is. I loved it and left kudos. ^_^

• Like x 1
  14. Aviari

15. Asherinn

Asherinn A Person, Probably

It looks like Roxy's eyeing Terezi up. My inner johnroxrezi shipper is very happy about this development.

• Like x 4
  16. mizushimo

mizushimo the greatest hits

I know i'm VERY late to the party, but did anyone else think that the music in collide was a little..wonky? The four tracks didn't really flow into each other very well, especially not toby's DDR/Bullet-hell remix of other homestuck themes. It fit with the animation, but not with the rest of the music (It might just be me, but that song doesn't stand very well on its own). One of the best parts of Cascade was how the music built on itself throughout the whole animation, I'm just not getting that with collide. I wonder if we're going to get something more unified to close out the comic.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    • Like x 6
  17. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I strongly suspect the disjointedness is like the weird static at the Green Sun and the end. Ominous hints something is missing or not quite there.

• Like x 4
  18. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Yeah I felt like the music was on purpose - it was meant to be worrying and set us on edge even as the frantic pace of the whole thing had us all OMG at the fights. LE is not defeated. This isn't The Big Bad O:

• Like x 3
  19. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I didn't even really notice that. I don't notice a lot of things musically though.

• Like x 1
  20. Aviari

Okay I'm going to drop a little drama in here because it also results in me screaming about headcanons/fic wants.

I got some commentary on my Eri/Fef fic that is making me >:/
    Seriously bro? 1) This fic really doesn't have anything to do with Gamzee, please take your stanning back to Tumblr 2) Say it with me kids: Character Opinion Is Not Necessarily Author Opinion! 3) Eridan is absolutely not "fine as a daisy", did you not catch how many times I mentioned that no one wants to even talk to him (except Karkat because he has to keep track of everyone)? Did you catch the part about Kanaya still wanting to murdilate him? "Fine as a daisy" my ass.

What I actually said was:
    Which I thought had already been conveyed fairly clearly? And then...
    And less dramariffic but still :/
    You say that like it's a bad thing. Fuck yes, give me Eridan as the new Dualscar. Give me Eridan as what Dualscar could have been. Give me Eridan's hapless-but-deadly fury tempered and tamed and utilized. Give me Empress Feferi on her throne in all her glory with her hand resting lightly on the nape of the most feared troll in the Empire. Give me Eridan's devotion as the powerful sword it could be, and put it firmly in Feferi's perfectly manicured hand.

Edit: Ignore the "files" below, they are an oops

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    • Like x 10
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice