Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

• Like x 2
  2. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

The fact that Aranea's alien fuckfest fetish was never allowed to be indulged makes me sad. Let the girl masturbate vocally. She needs it. Do you see how excited she gets about kermit sex.

SHE NEEDS IT BAD.

• Like x 13
  3. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

I want a full detailed explanation of leprechaun romance as well....

• Like x 3
  4. Aondeug

but what if aranea likes smuppets oh god

• Like x 9
  5. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Aranea/Bro, go go go
    Maybe throw in Scratch for a Absolute Worst Motherfuckers in Homestuck threesome.

• Like x 3
  6. Aondeug

I disapprove of this if only because of Scratch. Unless he is abusing the ever living shit out of both Bro and Aranea. Aranea is not on equal footing with cueball man. She isn't on equal footing with a lot of people though she really fucking wishes she was.

Also excuse me Aranea is the best person. She is the hero we needed. Forgotten and left to rot in obscurity.

• Like x 1
  7. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Damn it I got mine reversed :P

Thank you for correctly me. And both work! I'm still really exited though because I hasn't noticed

• Like x 4
  8. KarrinBlue

KarrinBlue Magical Girl Intern

[​IMG]

• Like x 23
  9. Zuki

Zuki Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    • Like x 1
  10. KarrinBlue

Also I just remembered that this still isn't a thing that hasn't been resolved yet.

• Like x 1
  11. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

I just.... can't believe it's ending. like. i didn't get into homestuck until it was in act 6, but it's shaped so much of my life, how i interact with fandom, how i ship characters, and it's really been a wild ride. i am CERTAIN that it will be studied for generations to come, if only for how it completely redefined the boundaries of fiction and metafiction and is probably one of the earliest and most successful multimedia stories ever. And that's not even touching on looking at the fandom around it. which could be a university class in of itself.

It pleases me greatly to think of Hussie as our time period's equivalent of Shakespeare. because it's got a lot of the same things that made shakespeare so successful--society in-jokes, dirty humor, word play and puns, though also with visual puns.

• Like x 18
  12. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

I have been in Homestuck fandom for more than six years. Homestuck has shaped damned near all of my life by now, from learning how to knit and make music all the way through to those little turns of phrase like "jegus" and "we're making things hap[p]en". Homestuck money helped me move out. Homestuck friends were my master class in how to manage squabbling communities. Homestuck concepts have formed the bedrock of my creative output.

I have grown up with these precious children and this beautiful comic, warts and all. An epoch of my life is finishing.

• Like x 17
  13. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Homestuck was the first thing I actually wrote fic for. I'd had headcanons and plotlines for other fandoms but Homestuck was my first for-reals contribution

• Like x 6
  14. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

same, @Aviari. Homestuck was the thing that got me into contributing for fandom, it got me started drawing for reals, and writing...

15. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Same. It saved my love of writing, tbh.

• Like x 3
  16. garden

garden lucid dreamer

HS wasn't the first thing I wrote fic for, but it's the fandom I've consistently written fic for. Over a third of my fics on AO3 are for HS; the rest are scattered among my other fandoms.

• Like x 1
  17. Kittenly

Kittenly Just Squish That Cat!

I haven't published anything for HS, though I've written a good amount of a Madoka/HS longfic. But it has some of my favorite fics in it. I mean, Brainbent literally changed my life, got me into therapy, and made me realize I was autistic. And got me into this community in the first place. Like, I wouldn't be where I am today without HS and the community.

• Like x 8
  18. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

But you guys could've been invincible together and helped defeat lord english

EDIT:this is in reference to todays update

• Like x 1
  19. KarrinBlue

20. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

AUGH tomorrow's the last upd8. i'm kinda hoping hussie's just like GOTCHA, HERE'S SEVERAL DAYS (MAYBE WEEKS) WORTH OF READING MATERIAL THAT I'VE BEEN STOCKING UP ALL THIS TIME. or just nic cage's face and the word boner in comic sans.

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice