Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

can i like this twenty times - both because you put into words what i couldn't, and because that is the perfect reaction face

• Like x 4
  2. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Initial reaction:

The animation is very pretty.

This answers approximately 3 questions and resolves about 12/1000 plot threads.

Destruction of the green sun to make LE at least weaker makes sense.

• Like x 13
  3. Arxon

Arxon Well-Known Member

I feel like another shoe is going to drop. I know rationally that Hussie is probably the most tired man on earth, and that he probably ran out of shoes a long time ago and we have all far overestimated this poor man's supplies of shoes, but I still feel like it will drop.
    I'll probably start rereading it tomorrow.

• Like x 16
  4. eddie

eddie ...

is gamzee still in the fridge :o(

eta: it just feels like we are missing at least 10 pages worth of thing?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    • Like x 12
  5. Petra

Petra space case

So, I didn't see Vriska, Aradia, or Terezi in the short 'epilogue' bit. Terezi presumably went through, there's no reason why not. I am unsure if Aradia could go through after everything else is destroyed, but maybe? We don't know how durable the doors are. Vriska, though?

I think Vriska is screwed, and despite her being one of my favorite characters, it's pretty fitting her quest for glory is what screwed her.

• Like x 13
  6. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

Just because my reaction is very critical because I'm unsatisfied, but I do not want to rain on anybody's parade, I want to make this clear from the outset:

I have a hell of a lot more respect for a failure of towering ambition than a warmed-over mediocrity. Homestuck is STILL a work of deranged brilliance and the fact that Hussie dropped most of the several thousand balls he had in the air doesn't mean that I don't have a huge amount of respect and love for the comic. I couldn't hope to FAIL on the level that he SUCCEEDED, basically -- the level on which he FAILED is out of my reach. It's the kind of failure you aspire to.

@alchemicalheart so that meta WAS right. Vriska's weapon was the kids stuck in the house.

Homestuck itself beat Lord English.

Like so much else about this comic, I don't know if that's genius or stupid.

• Like x 19
  7. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

plot twist: the important thing karkat was supposed to be alive for was...

giving dave lots and lots of kisses!

i actually have no idea, honestly.

• Like x 10
  8. garden

garden lucid dreamer

At this point I can only assume that the theory about the black hole that Jack English's exploding head created leading to Caliborn's session is true.

Also,
    The close-up of the meteor on the flooded Earth seems to imply that this is the universe that, many, many years in the future, Calliope and Caliborn will eventually spawn in.

• Like x 14
  9. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

I have so much work to do that's more important than rereading the entire comic and immediately writing fix-it fic

why does none of it feel compelling

• Like x 6
  10. Petra

Petra space case

I'm actually mostly satisfied with the ending. It dropped a lot of plot hooks, but I don't think every or even most of those unresolved hooks could be clarified in like... any sort of reasonable time frame.

• Like x 6
  11. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

i knew i was gonna be let down somewhat, because it could never live up to my expectations. but. that's it?

what about gamzee
    vriska
    aradia, sollux, davepeta. do none of them make it to the new world??

• Like x 9
  12. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

maybe karkat's real powers were the friends we made along the way.

but no really i love that there's a character who gets to live solely because he's a person and people shouldn't be killed off just because they aren't "plot relevant". idk that's just my interpretation.

• Like x 18
  13. Petra

Petra space case

Quoting something I said on Skype to @Acey .

[11:34:17 PM] Petra: VriskaQuest 2016 involves Vriska having to team up with Aradia to make it to the door in a slowly crumbling semi-preserved pocket of reality
    [11:34:21 PM] Petra: hijinks ensue
    [11:34:24 PM] Petra: this is now my headcanon

• Like x 16
  14. unknownanonymous

so it will all go around in a circle

• Like x 3
  15. Petra

Petra space case

Gamzee gets drawn into the void and popped out to meet Caliborn later in a time loop. We've never seen a properly working universe door, so I am assuming it sticks around and Aradia, Sollux, Vriska, and Davepeta need to make their way to it to go through. And now I want fanfic of that.

• Like x 12
  16. wixbloom

wixbloom artcute

Dialogue I had with myself as I rewatched (this time, I bawled like a baby):

"But there's so much we've never figured out! We never even found out what blood powers do!"
    "We don't have to have it all figured out. They don't have to. Me and you [that means me, my inner dialogue is like this] don't need to either."
    "I wish I'd known that when I got into this silly comic in 2012 and thought I needed to fix everything, have all the answers about myself, have the highest possible level of personal development before I deserved to have a home."

Just. I never thought we'd get the answer to every unanswered question, and just looking at this entire experience and everything it meant for me... I think this is exactly the ending it ought to be.

• Like x 12
  17. Mala

Mala Well-Known Member

It's so beautiful and yet I understand nothing

Ok, so I'm having a bunch of scattered thoughts about LE's destruction being incredibly meta so here you go good luck making something coherent out of them

What if the juju/weapon is the narrative itself? Hence why it contains the kids. And of course LE could be destroyed by the narrative because he's a big evil destructive villian and that's what happens to big, evil , destructive villians

also got some thought about Caliborn destroying the clock causing LE's demise in some way? So essentially he creates and destroys himself.

• Like x 17
  18. Petra

Petra space case

Also want to point out that nothing bad happened to the kids in the house - not exactly. At least Rose, Dave, and Jade already exist in every iteration of themselves preserved in the sprites. There are no dead-end daves, roses, and jades that are remembered by nobody. They're all still around, in a gestalt, their memories are still preserved, their experiences and thoughts and feelings still important.

And John's unhinged from the story! I think he is every John now.

• Like x 6
  19. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

When he destroyed the clock, he became immortal, so he's not going to die from the universe exploding but instead suffer for eternity?

• Like x 4
  20. unknownanonymous

it feels so unreal that it's over

actually over

'cause, like, i never really believed that homestuck would end

that homestuck could end

it always seemed like it just had to be eternal

• Like x 11
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice