Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i think you'd still get interest, but i dunno about the second thing. you might try asking him, although i have NO idea how you'd get a hold of him or if he'd even see it in the midst of a sea of other things.

2. Wasn't there a way to request permission through WhatPumpkin once upon a time?

3. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

WhatPumpkin has been notoriously terrible at responding about third-party merchandise since about 2012.

On one notable occasion, someone (if any of you remember the Pesterchum app, yeah, that guy) emailed them asking if they could start a Kickstarter for their fanproject, didn't get a response for several months, and decided that forgiveness was easier than permission. They received a response half an hour after the Kickstarter went live. This response was a takedown notice.

So I really don't trust them to be okay with things, but I also don't trust them to give permission, which leaves you in a shitty position.

• Like x 2
  4. mustelid

mustelid encounter me in the trench

All I want is for Fedorafreak to be alright. I want him to win the game and make his own universe of snazzy dressers. Hussie please give me this

• Like x 7
  5. ChelG

ChelG Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if there's a different way to contact Hussie?

EDIT: Seems the primary merchandise point is now WeLoveFine. Does anyone know if they're open to letting creators join or if it's just for specific people?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  6. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

• Like x 2
  7. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

i'm amazed by how casually dave said "hey" to davesprite when he became a thing

wow dave

• Like x 4
  8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Early Dave: deadpan at everything so no one can see you flinch

• Like x 16
  9. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

Dave Strider: Multiversal Champion of "Losing Your Shit So Quietly People Don't Realise You've Done An Acrobatic Pirouette Off The Gogdamn Handle Until It's Too Late" Since Birth

• Like x 18
  10. Aviari

That said, this is easily in my Top Five Dave Moments

• Like x 7
  11. leitstern

leitstern 6756 Shatter Every Sword Break Down Every Door

I remember the 'under attack by planet fucking jupiter' monologue making me totally lose my shit and being the moment in which I knew Dave Strider was The Shit, but the fucking bird was a compelling argument too.

• Like x 8
  12. Aviari

Dave vs Tavros rap. That's all there is to say about that.

• Like x 7
  13. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

a lot of people feel like the Vriska Retcon was too quick and easy as a solution to the elaborately developed problems of the Game Over timeline.

This gave me a fic idea about Terezi giving John a more extensive to-do list -- say, stopping in on the meteor every month or so to check in on everyone. It'd focus on the character interactions in the retcon timeline more closely, not just John and the Veilstuck kids but also how his intermittent presence and Vriska's return affected everybody. (I don't remember canon well enough to know if this would work, but bear with me.) Like being haunted by a very friendly and enigmatic blue ghost(yTrickster), who is also sad because he remembers everyone dying and now they're kids again. And Terezi the Seer of Mind is trying very hard to work out what his angle is because he's rewriting the alpha timeline (which makes her abilities unreliable around him) on instructions, apparently, from her dead future self.

Which made me think about the hints at Terezi<3<John in the later parts of Act 6, and how that'd interact with Terezi<3<Gamzee and Terezi<3</<>/WTFVriska.

Then I thought: The girl he "wanted in every quadrant like a desperate fool" is infuriated by his first and most fervent spadecrush (who is now a grown up and mysterious 16 years old), and their escalating investigative campaign/prank war with the fate of the alpha timeline at stake looks from the outside like an epic hateflirtation.

Karkat Vantas would have the weirdest boner.

• Like x 19
  14. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Amusing accomplishment: explaining quadrants to non-homestuck friend to explain ships for an unrelated series bc "i see diamonds in that, not hearts" came out before i remembered he was not a hamsteak.

Success point was that he immediately said "I never started Homestuck, but those actually make a lot of sense. Even to me. Why aren't those in other things?"

• Like x 13
  15. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

QUADRANTS IN EVERYTHING. E V E R Y T H I N G.

• Like x 12
  16. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

If reacting to video games with "jesus christ this guy needs a moirail. ... and also probably an auspistice" is wrong, I don't want to be right.

• Like x 15
  17. TheMockingCrows

I also had to explain the difference between "this is the literal interpretation for canon, but fanon has extended it a lil bit. but these are the solid boundaries where it'd be unhealthy in either case" and he seemed to understand too.

Seemed v interested in spades, especially where it approaches the unhealthy side, because of that feeling of "ya'll are good at being awful together, let the hate makeouts begin" paired with "you're fucking explosive, there needs to be a third person involved to make sure you don't actually fucking kill each other plz."

• Like x 6
  18. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Christ, I just got that little tight-chest-fluttering-heart feeling thinking about the fucking ashen quadrant of all things. Thanks, Hussie.

• Like x 11
  19. keltena

keltena putting the fun in executive dysfunction

Welcome to the club. c3<

• Like x 10
  20. TheMockingCrows

>:Dc Which formation involving ashen made your heart flutter? Like, which characters? :curiouscurious:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice