Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

gawd i need to work on that quadrant, i've only been able to work in those part-time ones fer emergencies and like....ones that don't need A LOT of auspitizing so they just do the thing when needed or just to keep up on the quadrant.

ash is hard.

• Like x 2
  2. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Did you just...

Not any ship in particular, just the emotions behind ashen romance and the absolute caring you have for other people to want to sort their shit. I've actually experienced something probably pretty close to the idea of ashen IRL back when I was a wee lizard out on my own for the first time. Me, my (then new) husband and our best friend of... gosh 3 or 4 years at that time, probably going on 13 or 14 now... all got our first apartment together. It was tiny, expensive, we went to a completely different state looking into college options so it was far from home or any support networks, and we were all working full time (more than, in the case of me and moirail) on minimum wage just to eek by. And it was the first time any of us had lived in that close of proximity to other people with such a stressful and close living situation, and we all have some form of brain weird. I remember times when we'd all three be standing in the kitchen (largest room in the apartment, only place that could even fit three people comfortably) and two of us would be arguing about something asinine and getting upset over it, and the third would step in a go "whoa hey, you're talking past each other here" and then re word both sides so the other two would go ".... OH, yeah no, that makes sense, I get it now, sorry."

It was a sort of weird flush/pale/ashen smear with rotating middle leaf, but we made it fucking work and I still think kind of fondly of those times even though there was a lot of suck being thrown at us to deal with.

• Like x 9
  3. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

I'm just listening to the soundtracks and being nostalgic now

• Like x 1
  4. eschatoLegation

eschatoLegation luxEfficient

• Like x 2
  5. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

[​IMG]

?

• Like x 12
  6. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

[​IMG]

???

• Like x 4
  7. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

So, my reread, I've just gotten to the bit where Jade prototypes her dead dreamself:

Is this just a reference to the dream bubbles? Or a hint at a real afterlife that never got followed up? Jade was awake when she prototyped Dead Dream Jade.

8. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I don't really know to be honest? Though I do think there is an actual different afterlife behind the dream bubble thing. Hmm. It's interesting for sure though with just this alone I can't really say which it is.

9. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it was a dream bubble, since Dream Jade died in the Medium and the bubbles, from their universe's and therefore their Medium's perspective, had always been there. Too bad we have no idea who she met!

• Like x 2
  10. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

Just wanted to pop in and say that HIC is one of my favourite characters of all time. Of. All. Time.

• Like x 2
  11. paladinkit

paladinkit brave little paladin

So I finally caved and did a thing

(i've never done image manips before aaa)

• Like x 8
  12. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

mmmm condy..

all the tyrian girls are my jam tho

• Like x 2
  13. Aviari

Aviari PartyWolf Is In The House Tonight

The Tyrian gills are the B--EST.
    I love it when people actually let Feferi be mean. She's absolutely capable of it ("B--ECAUSE I'M D----EAD, STUPID!! 38D" anyone?) Laylah wrote a great Rising Star Empress Feferi <3< Grand Highblood.

Fef <3< Anemonyone is A++

• Like x 12
  14. My Beforus Feferi is basically in spades with every single highblood in her court.

• Like x 10
  15. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

OKAY SO TROLL MAKEUP
    so, my main thoughts were about what would be considered "weird makeup" for trolls (and do I own any of it). The main thing is that colors that are "weird" for humans AREN'T weird for trolls. Darker greens, blues, purples, etc are just normal makeup colors, since those are perfectly ordinary blood colors. Green/blue/purple/etc blushes, lipsticks, etc, are much more like the basic red/pink here, in that they're what you wear when you aren't gonna be wearing a basic nude color (which would be blacks/dark greys, here.) It's probably a bit weird to see someone wearing a color super out of their blood range, but you're gonna assume "must be one of their quadrants." or "haha, they super murdered that person." Except for wearing different blood color blush, cause that'll get you killed, probably.
    Since for trolls, white/pastels are the "goth" colors, presumably the weird goth lipsticks are the bright, completely out of the blood spectrum colors. Troll goths are running around in cotton candy blue lipstick, or white, or lavender, neon orange, bright bright red, those types of colors. (I feel like pinks might edge too close to MURDER TIME for it to be safe)
    Similarly, baby goth trolls are running around with white eyeliner caked all over them.
    Eyeshadows everyone has a bit more leeway with, like here. Like I mean, inverse bright smoky eyes, using eyeshadow in your/your quadrant's colors for a statement eye, stuff like that.
    CAM00330.jpg
    CAM00329.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like x 15
  16. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

I imagine, like, hawaiian shirts are the gothiest thing you can wear, if you're a troll. Tacky summer luau=epic goffic.

• Like x 11
  17. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

*goffik

ftfy ;P

• Like x 3
  18. emythos

emythos Lipstick Hoarding Dragon

troll!enoby is the most eye searing creature in the universe. (enobie?)

• Like x 6
  19. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

So I stumbled across this thing, and i guess this means the ultimate fraymotif is literally just blitzing everyone's chakras. And then Dave makes the Olive Garden in the new Can Universe for the express purpose of going out to it afterwards and eating breadsticks.

• Like x 8
  20. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

Leaves this here without comment.

Fond of all of them actually.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
    • Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice