Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Vriska you absolutely raging ball of bitch I want to throw her out into the void I HAVE TEARS IN MY EYES THE THINGS SHE SAYS ARE SO MEAN
    Tavros and Jake deserve way better than that extremely self-esteem undermining talk :(

2. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

I think this update gave my depression/anxiety mesh the voice of Vriska.
    Since I do not perceive Vriska as threatening, nor what she says as relevant (= "Let her talk, draw your own conclusions"), I think that update just gave me the upper hand on my issues.

Thank you, Vriska.

(I see the irony of this and it's. so great.)

• Like x 1
  3. Aya

Aya words words words

I think the thing that feels so off about what's going on right now is that we're all assuming that 1) this timeline is good and is going to work out and 2) the reason for this is that Vriska is being her abusive, gross self. I am not sure that this timeline is going to work out any better than the previous one. And even if it does, I don't think the decisive factor is that Vriska was so manipulative and otherwise bullshit that it saved the day.

I really want a redemption arc for Vriska but only because it would be an object lesson in why she was wrong to begin with.

• Like x 2
  4. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

petition for jade to slap the shit out of vriska

• Like x 8
  5. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

6. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

7. Acey

Acey hand extended, waiting for a shake

Spoiler alert, Aradia is flawless and perfect and the best character and I love her. Kanaya is A++ too.

GOOD TASTE YO.

8. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :3 thanks. :D

mostly Vriska gives me heebiejeebies and when I talked to my closest friend and showed her a pesterlog, she basically wanted to hug the shit out of Tavros for managing to get through the convo. But that is also because she had an abuser that pretty much talked like Vriska. so I will be reading on. if you hear a scream, that will be me, screaming about her.

9. hoarmurath

hoarmurath Thor's Hammer

Also doubleposting, but:

I have a hankering to knit fanscarves. Troll ones are pretty easy to figure out, but what about god tiers? Signifying aspect is easy, colors and symbol, but how would you signify the classes? Is there even a system for symbolically representing the classes? Will I have to design one? Aaaaaahhh omg. I would want to keep the shape the same, so shapebased differences might not be good for the first try.

Ideas?

10. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

The styles of the godtier outfits is the only symbolic representation that I can think of... But I'm not sure how to translate into a pattern of colors in the scarf.

11. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

I can't think of significations for classes, but maybe you could knit the end of the scarf into something that looks like the godtier hood?

12. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

VRISKA: Is that a crime??
    KANAYA: In Some Societies Violating The Privacy Of Others In Certain Ways Yes I Believe So

kanaya i love u

• Like x 1
  13. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I'm glad that Karkat and especially Kanaya seem to be aware of at least some of Vriska's bullshit.
    Gives me hope for the future of this timeline.

14. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I am still surprised at how little of a reaction I had to Vriska's shit emotionally. I'll just chalk it up to having expected something like this to be coming. Loving Vriska and wanting her stupid horrible piece of shit ass to get it together is an exhausting task. To the point where I just can't be upset at this latest show of being a fuck awful person. But god dammit I will continue to hold out hopes for a redemption arc playing out.

HOPES I SAY.

Also I heavily approve of all things Kanaya in the last few updates. This has been very good Kanaya. Especially in learning that Vriska is NOT a good romantic option. Good Kanaya. FUCKING. GOOD. That sort of situation is entirely fucking shit and it's hard to get out of and look back on while going "Oh wow shit I fucked up and this whole thing was fucked up and fucked me up". The situation less being Vriska herself and more the sort of drives that people like Vriska end up exploiting when it comes to people like Kanaya, intentionally or no.

Add an additional fuck to this post somewhere.

FUCK.

• Like x 1
  15. lvkz

lvkz Well-Known Karkat

I missed Kanaya so much omg look at her go
    KANAYA: Well I Have Read A Lot Of Novels Too
    KANAYA: I Just Dont Brag Much About It
    KANAYA: Because It Would…
    KANAYA: Literally Be Preposterous To Do So
    #rekt

• Like x 3
  16. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

Leaf fluid. This is the most important update in all of Homestuck. Nothing will beat the 5/11/15 update. Ever.

We now have a stupid troll word for tea and that is all that matters.

• Like x 3
  17. IvyLB

So, did anyone else notice Vriska low-key lumping Dirk in with the '8ad guys' or is that just me?

• Like x 3
  18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I noticed and itý making me more and more suspicious of her "everything is gr8!" narrative.

• Like x 1
  19. IvyLB

Yeah I mean I've been side-eyeing her whole shtick pretty much from the beginning of the new upd8, but this is the most concerning thing she has said up until now. I honestly can't see who fucked up bad enough in the new timeline to make this a thing that could be true, so I'm basically sitting around mumbling 'this can't be true, it's pretty much impossible. But if it's true we are all FUCKED.'

20. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

At this point, I think taking everything Vriska says with a big gran of salt is a good idea, unreliable narrator and too wrapped up in her own bullshit and all that (blinded by her own light, heh)

today's update had me nawwing. dorks.

also vriska omg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice