Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Carnivorous Moogle

Carnivorous Moogle whose baby is this

I Just Read 90k Words of Homestuck Fanfiction In One Sitting And It Was Really Really Good, It Is 4:50am, There Is No God

(it was the Deals with Demons series for anyone curious, and it comes with alll the trigger warnings)

• Like x 1
  2. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

@ every single person on MSPARP who gets surprised when dualscar acts anything like big cronus: ok but why tho

• Like x 7
  3. furrylatula

i mean, i know why. it's because dualscar built up a massive fanon personality unrelated to cronus because he came first, and most people don't even take into account that they're the same person.

BUT STILL

• Like x 3
  4. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

I tend to view it as "Yes but it's complicated". Which is to say that everyone has their own boundaries on what they consider to be strictly romantic sharing. Similar to the wide variety of feelings about boundaries with sex in regards to romance, I suppose? That's not quite the best example, but it falls into that weird world of "It's romantic when it's romantic and you just kind of FEEL IT IN YOUR BONES".

• Like x 1
  5. Aondeug

Depends on the people involved.

6. Emu

Emu :D

Now that homestuck has been over for a while I'm tempted to look for more fanfic - I'm curious, how do you guys go about finding stuff you like? I scroll through things on Ao3 but there's just so much and it's hard to find things I like. (I may just be really picky, idk). I guess right now I'm kind of craving something reasonably happy/fluffy focusing on either Aradia or Terezi (but not involving Vriska in either case), and I'm not sure where to look really :V

(Also hello, how hadn't I posted in the homestuck thread here yet anyway?)

7. Aondeug

I scroll, click a bunch of things with summaries and titles I find maybe interesting, then skim through the first few paragraphs. If I see something that annoys me I close the fic immediately and move to the next.

• Like x 1
  8. Emu

Yeah I guess I just need to do that, and see how picky I actually am :V

Also man after seeing all of the hate for JohnRose that's appeared recently (I think? I hadn't come across it before at least) I've been feeling really nostalgic for that ship. Unfortunately there's really not much recent fic, oh well.

• Like x 1
  9. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

yeah i miss the days when you were allowed to ship rose and kanaya with people other than each other :(

the same with dave and karkat too

• Like x 5
  10. Emu

Yeah I still ship basically all of the things, and just try to ignore people trying to police ships. I dunno if I'm just instinctively contrarian about these things but being told a ship is Wrong makes me just start imagining all sorts of nice scenarios for the ship that make me suddenly really like it.

Don't really have an answer but I just have to say I can't look at any discussion of Homestuck and Titanic together without thinking of this post.

• Like x 3
  11. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

i knew exactly which post that was before even clicking on it

• Like x 4
  12. Aondeug

The other people who hate Grimdorks need to be cool like me and viscerally despise it for seemingly no reason while rubbing Rose's face up against everyone else. Including Equius. Especially Equius.

• Like x 1
  13. a small fis)(

a small fis)( 26 people in a trench coat

14. furrylatula

i hate it sheerly because i can absolutely see a universe where it ended up canon like it would in 90% of other popular media. johnrose just screams 'that One Unnecessary Heterosexual Romance That's Included in Every Single Piece of Fiction Ever' and i am so thankful that it's confined to fanworks.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    • Like x 6
  15. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

while on the topic of ships, i know it's considered a troll (haha troll) ship, but i really sincerely like dirk/kanaya

• Like x 7
  16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I haven't seen many rom coms but I think the proposal could have been more fun if they had been kismesis instead of ending up flushed for no reason.

• Like x 1
  17. Emu

Yeah I mean all in all I'd say it's better that JohnRose didn't end up canon, but I do still like it some and it's really exasperating that it's ended up as the latest thing to yell about how people should never ship it. And seeing all of that makes me suddenly a lot more into it than I would have been otherwise. :V

Definitely a fan of her yes, that is hopefully fairly obvious :P. Wouldn't really say I have a crush on her, not really a thing I get with fictional characters. Now if you'd asked about the Handmaid then maaaaybe...

18. coldstars

coldstars get Jazzy on it

/holds John<>Rose close to my bosom/ They can take our lives, but they will never take my paleships...

• Like x 4
  19. Aondeug

I can't even do it pale. I fucking hate that too because it is WRONG. THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE IS JIM JONES. THAT IS THE ONLY THING. Or maybe that Cromwell still has a statue that hasn't been destroyed.

IT IS ALMOST AS BAD AS FRODO/SAM. NO. IT IS WORSE.

Though if other people want to do it then eh. The YOU MUST NOT SHIP THIS THING crowds are the worst. Granted I want to deface a famous statue and my otp used to be Dolofang and my current one involves Aranea so I am basically satan incarnate.

20. furrylatula

is cronus/cronus double problematic because its pairing an abusive character with another abusive character or does it cancel out. have i created the ultimate unproblematic ship

quick everyone start drawing cronuscest its the only ship allowed under anti tumblr

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice