Let us tell you about Homestuck

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Wiwaxia, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

2. Still need to write my fanfic

Feeling very positive today, maybe this will be my chance! (or maybe I'll lose interest again, who knows)

But hiveswap is gonna be a thing so the fandom is still going strong, this would sure be a good time to try.

• Like x 2
  3. Lizardlicks

• Like x 1
  4. pinnedbutterfly

pinnedbutterfly *sparkles*

.....i think i may have stumbled ass backwards into being Super Excited about homestuck again due to the fact that i'm writing a paper on it and i'm Super Excited about the paper. don't forget; you're here forever, etc, etc. (not that i mind. homestuck has an incredible world to explore in fanwork and meta alike, and i still have lots of fun with canon as well)

• Like x 12
  5. pinnedbutterfly

@Dave Strider i'm writing about the signless and karkat as outlaws, both in body because they're mutants and maybe because of the whole quadrant thing--not because trolls really do have different romance than humans do, but because according to troll society, dating just one person and having aspects of all of the different romance types included would seem weird and outside the norm.

i just realized that i could potentially write about kanaya as well, since it's possible that she and rose are dating in "all the quadrants" too (game over!rose did ask her to teach her about all of the quadrants), and i might be able to write about her experiences as a lesbian in a society where most people seem to be bi or pansexual, but i'm not sure. it's been a long time since i've read early kanaya logs.

i also want to talk about the signless's movement and how it mirrors social movements here, as well as the hemospectrum+troll culture in general mirrors prejudice (especially extreme prejudice) here.

it almost feels a little silly to be writing this paper before hiveswap comes out, but i'm still excited anyway. :>

Edit: i could probably write about jade english and alpha rose and dave too actually, now that i think about it. honestly there's a lot i can do with this! it's just that i first thought of karkat and the signless because the signless and his group were literal outlaws i think? it's also been a long time since i've read those logs. i'd be happy to write about jade english, though--jade's my current favorite character.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    • Like x 3
  6. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  7. In the immortal words of john- this is STUPID.

8. context-free anon

context-free anon Well-Known Member

i don't know why i stayed up until 3am trying to install the android simulator on my shitty old laptop so i could check out the snapchat. i don't even like homestuck any more and hearing about it just makes me angry.

i have to stop. but addiction is a powerful thing.

• Like x 1
  9. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

Does anyone know wtf is going on with the snapchat thing? Something clearly is happening but I'm really not up to fucking around with a new app to figure out what. (Hussie, you asshole, why couldn't you just post it on your fucking site?)

• Like x 3
  10. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

upload_2016-10-24_11-31-5.png
    i have a windows phone so who knows but here it is

• Like x 3
  11. Lizardlicks

I don't even have space to update old apps on my piece of shit phone, much less add new ones, seriously.

12. Jemmy

Jemmy Don't Do A Hit

[​IMG]

IM SO GENUINELY DELIGHTED BY THIS ALREADY AA

• Like x 1
  13. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    • Like x 5
  14. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

not even in canon can we escape the Background Lesbians™

• Like x 4
  15. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

16. Mercury

Mercury Well-Known Member

I like (?) how Dave and Rose seem to be dangling their respective datefriends via a firm grip on the back of their shirts. (I know Karkat and Kanaya are supposed to have their arms around them, but it doesn't exactly look convincing...)

I don't like how there's no Terezi in evidence. :(

• Like x 5
  17. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

no clearly kanaya is holding onto rose's boob as per that venerable old shitpost comic

• Like x 4
  18. pinnedbutterfly

....oh no the snapchat thing is cute

oh nooooooo (i immediately did a Fond Smile when i saw it. i am clearly doomed)

i am also concerned re:terezi tho :( :( :(

• Like x 2
  19. Lizardlicks

Oh my god, this is so Hussie though! "Gee what new way can I fuck with social media and internet culture as a means to tell a story? Oh, I know, little visual updates through snapchat!"

ETA: And there's already tons of Homestuck fanart presented as fake snapchat conversations, so it. Already works? The precedent is already there.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
    • Like x 15
  20. I want to know how much Snapchat is paying Hussie to increase traffic to their app.

• Like x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice