LET'S COMPLAIN ABOUT THE WEATHER

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by BunjyWunjy, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Now that you mention it, I think I also may live on or near former swampland. It's really humid in the summer.

2. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Donald Trump joke

3. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

We have a lot of tourism so the tourist areas are all nice and clean like that. The riverfront is gorgeous, all restaurants and attractions, but pretty much as soon as you get past the skyscraper parts of downtown you start to see the grime. The greenspace is almost everywhere though, so that's nice.

• Like x 1
  4. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Our little house is so poorly insulated and I am FREEZING, especially my feet, because my computer desk has to be in the living room, right in front of the huge windows that let in cold air because they're improperly sealed

Socks help a little and I wear a big fleece jacket but I'm still >:(

• Like x 1
  5. Southe-lands

Southe-lands A Cliff in Front, a Wolf Behind.

I saw the title abbreviated on my phone as "LETS COMPLAIN ABOUT THE WEA-" and had my hammer out and my sickle sharpened before I realized it was "weather" and not "wealthy".

I guess I won't be needing this ushanka either huh?

(On the bright side, it stayed in the low seventies today, so I could sit outside on my breaks without gloves.)

• Like x 7
  6. pinnedbutterfly

pinnedbutterfly *sparkles*

i live in the central? midwest and our temperatures were really okay for a while during the fall (crisp but not freezing, y'know?) and then Suddenly Winter where it's below freezing out and i have to scrape frost off my car. my dad has also advised me to not start my car until the temperature warms up, sooooo i get to go buy a Tiny Amount of groceries on the bus tomorrow, b/c i just used my last can of soup and i'm not really in the mood to eat pasta for every meal until i go to my parents' house for the holidays.

i also hate ice. especially the possibility of driving when there might be ice out b/c despite being an adult i have very little experience driving when the roads are Super Bad in the winter b/c it Terrifies me.

• Like x 1
  7. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

I had to drive home in a snowstorm and saw a guy beating traffic on a snowmobile

• Like x 3
  8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Weather sucks here right now (not like I've been out in it though lol) and I really hope the current cold just moves on soon. Go away and be moderate again please. Please.

• Like x 1
  9. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

In mid or late november (i forget lol) one thursday started totally clear roads, chilly but we hadnt had any snow yet. I left the house wearing my Blundstones and bundled up in my Big Dang Coat because environmemt canada had been going "UHH... GUYS?" since Tuesday of that week.

I took the bus because again, Impending Snow Holy Shit You Guys. And my coworker had to drive me home because we'd gotten dumped with snow. He picked me up and drove us to a thing with coworkers an hour later, and at midnightish had to drop me off a couple blocks away from my house because there was too much snow for his car to get up the hilly road to my house. We'd gotten stuck repeatedly trying to go uphill because aaaaaaaa snow everywhere

And we're supposed to get to -38C with the wind chill in the next few days but then next week a high of like -10c? Hot damn

• Like x 1
  10. Lambda

Lambda everything happens so much

High for today is 6F, fun times.

11. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

There's a layer of ice on the trees and I'm kind of scared to try to drive anywhere.

• Like x 1
  12. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

ah, I awaken to the sweet sound of my neighbor's snow blower running full throttle.
    better grab the snow shovel.

• Like x 1
  13. fractalLettuce

fractalLettuce a disaster cabbage

It is finally FINALLY!!! cold enough in LA to need my beanie and gloves again and I have precisely zero idea where I stowed them. There were many jokes made at the expense of my arthritic claw last night.

• Like x 2
  14. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Beanie and gloves weather is the best weather. Sorry you cant find yours

Meanwhile its actually legitimately hot again here. Like almost tank top weather. i hate texas.

15. ironicBonds

ironicBonds is actually two dogs in a trench coat

some freezing rain started yesterday while i was out running errands, so when i left it was 20F and dry, and when i was driving back it was 10F and everything was COVERED IN ICE

i usually live in the south but i'm at my parents house for the holidays in the midwest, so i've never driven in ice before 8)

8) 8)

stay safe if it's icy out guys, don't almost spin out like i did (i was driving as best i could but hills + unsalted country roads + ice aren't a good mix)

16. garden

garden lucid dreamer

Today in Texas What The Fuck: the high today was 76 degrees. By 7 am tomorrow, it'll be 26.

• Like x 2
  17. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Extreme cold warning : ) minus 40 celsius with the wind chill overnight and into the morning

• Like x 1
  18. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

@Everett fun obscure fact, -40 is the same in both temperature scales

• Like x 4
  19. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I'm about to drive across the country from Oregon to Maine, trying to sleep in the car as much as possible to save money. It's going to be... fun. and by "fun" I mean "time to buy jumbo packs of chemical hand warmers."

• Like x 3
  20. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

thank god for heated side mirrors is all I'm gonna say.

• Like x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice