LET'S COMPLAIN ABOUT THE WEATHER

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by BunjyWunjy, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

School's closed for a snowday. First time this year. We have about 2 feet in flat open areas, and the burms are now up to 6 in some places. I have called in to work to stay home with chidlers.

2. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

it did some unholy combination of snow and rain last night, whyyyyy

3. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

It's cold enough that the snowy has that scccrunchy sound like styrofoam, awful.

4. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

yep, ice EVERYWHERE. I had to penguin shuffle all the way to the front door and wade through 3 inches of rushing water on top of ice just to get into work.
    thank God for waterproof boots

5. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

Car got stuck in the driveway. Walked Eris to the bus stop instead since the buses where running a half our late, then walked back and helped shovel out the car, then went inside and spent time actually making and eating a nice breakfast because fuck it, I'm already late, I'm going to make it worth my time.

6. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

I can feel a huge temperature drop on the way and I don't like it at all

7. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

Our temp climbed 20f in less than 24 hours. I wish it would stop with the huge fluctuations.

8. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Saaame. Snow last night, rain this morning. Almost 50 out.

We had some crazy wind here too, it blew over a stop sign and made crazy sounds against the apartment building.

9. Emma

Emma Your resident resident

I haven't left the house yet, today, and despite that, I know it's freezing. How do I know it's freezing? Because my room is one of the only ones in the house that has single glazing, and the draft is terrible :(

10. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

Our front door is pretty janky, and wow it lets in a ton of cold air in winter. I just go and stand by it to get an idea of the temp outside.

11. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

So it's been freezing rain for the past hour and I had to chip my car out of a block of ice before I could leave work. The roads are like glass, I'm lucky I left early

12. Sethrial MacCoill

Sethrial MacCoill Attempts were made

It was 60 degrees today! Perfect weather for larping! It was also raining for the entire morning and drizzling on and off the rest of the day, making our field a mud pit.

• Like x 1
  13. After spinning out on ice and hitting a hedge this weekend, and putting chains on my tires today, I never want to see snow again.

• Like x 2
  14. Loq

Loq rotating like a rotisserie chicknen

I drove home with the windows down tonight. Two days ago, hypothermia was a serious concern. What the fuck is this wishywashy-ass january

• Like x 2
  15. sirsparklepants

sirsparklepants feral mom energies

s a m e . . .

• Like x 2
  16. WithAnH

WithAnH Space nerd

It was 70 degrees today and we're supposed to get an ice storm on Saturday. Wtf Maryland.

• Like x 1
  17. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

Snow on top of ice this morning! Why, god

18. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

Extreme cold warning issued for my city and surrounding area ):

19. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

*waves from northern Virginia*

I was a couple of degrees away from turning on the air-conditioner in the van today, and we're getting the same ice storm down here, I guess. Fun times!

• Like x 1
  20. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

I think the weather is broken, can we return it?

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice