Let's Go Steal a Dungeon (MotBM OOC/Planning)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by The Frood Abides, Jul 21, 2016.

1. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #alabaster and lyriae

• Like x 2
  2. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

or both! Liron is defs doing both

also, sry for not responding earlier I've been unconscious since like halfway through yesterday

3. The Frood Abides

I stopped writing individual descriptions of the room under spoilers once the majority of the party was in, but here is what you're seeing, for reference:

The room is clean and smells of nothing except dust, very faintly. The colors look less garish from the inside: the walls are built of a pale orange-red stone. A lantern in the corner burns with a clear white flame. With the broken ends of the chain almost fully retracted into the black iron socket in the ceiling, the only other features of the room are the painting on the south wall and the door (now ajar) to the north.

• Like x 3
  4. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I'm really, really enjoying how nervous I feel with the ongoing, increasing count of party members in "the prison." I would enjoy the anticlimax of Chanterelle really just being a happy-to-be-free prisoner, but until we know more, it's fun to go "hmmmmmm" all suspiciously. :D

eta

Also, I need to ask. Is anybody here a Leverage fan? The Let's go steal an X format of the title reminds me of that show. :')

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    • Like x 1
  5. thegrimsqueaker

that's actually where I got the idea for the line, and then Frood used that for the title, which is awesome 38D

• Like x 2
  6. swirlingflight

yesssssssss. My roomie pushed it on me and we've been watching an episode or two here and there. I'm a little ways into Season 2 so far and it's enjoyable.

• Like x 1
  7. The Frood Abides

So are you going to go over the prison with a fine-toothed comb or work up the courage to enter the Maze? >:)

• Like x 1
  8. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

no, we are NOT entering the maze, and if we do Lyriae will roll to grapple whoever tries, mark my words. we cannot leave Chanterelle there by herself! she is so delicate and helpless! and potentially traitorous! that said, Lyriae'll be making a Perception check on the prison cell as soon as Alabaster confirms they're not gonna go haring off into the Maze after the hummingbird.

• Like x 1
  9. thegrimsqueaker

personally, I'm waiting for @missoyashirou to post bc I haven't seen her a while and Stella hasn't done anything in a while

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    • Like x 2
  10. The Frood Abides

you're right, she hasn't posted in a little over a week. you've @ed her though so it should show up in her alerts.

if we don't get word from her soon I'll PM her.

• Like x 1
  11. swirlingflight

I'll post in with Sarnai tomorrow whether we've heard from her or no.

12. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

I'm sorry it took so long to get a response. It's just been a low-spoons week, and while I've been alright responding about gossip and things, I need to pay better attention to game and get out responses quicker.

• Like x 2
  13. thegrimsqueaker

np! do what you need to w rl stuff first

• Like x 1
  14. swirlingflight

No obligation to jump into game at a given pace! Hearing "sorry, busy" lets us know.

And goodness do I know it can be hard to identify that life is draining too many spoons, kinda making harder to know when to say "sorry busy."

15. swirlingflight

16. thegrimsqueaker

yeah, p sure we all saw that coming. tbf, she could just be trying to hide from anything that tries to find her through the portal

17. The Frood Abides

In Soviet Russia, painting steal you

• Like x 2
  18. The Frood Abides

@swirlingflight At an 8, no, Sarnai doesn't immediately notice. @missoyashirou at least notices, though, since Stella literally just entered the painting.

• Like x 1
  19. thegrimsqueaker

is there any point in me doing a perception check? bc I can tell you rn Liron is going to be taking notes and such until they're sure they've gotten everything about the transition and the portal, plus there's still stuff to write about what Chanterelle already told them, so it's probs gonna take someone shaking them to get them to even look up for a while

20. The Frood Abides

hahaha, I will certainly let you make one if you wish! But that is up to you.

I appreciate everyone's commitment to their PCs' faulty judgment. (e.g. figuring out the deal with Chanterelle immediately but still letting her play you like a string quartet.)

• Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice