Let's Go Steal a Dungeon (MotBM OOC/Planning)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by The Frood Abides, Jul 21, 2016.

1. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Okay, I'm not going as hardcore as Wiwaxia did with the 3d6, but I wanna try rolling in order and seeing what comes of it. Sooooooo...

STR: 1, 2, 5, 6 = 13
    DEX
    : 1, 1, 2, 6 = 9
    CON:
    1, 1, 3, 3 = 7
    INT
    : 2, 3, 3, 4 = 10
    WIS:
    2, 2, 4, 5 = 11
    CHA:
    1, 5, 5, 5 = 15

edited to add bolding and strikethroughs

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  2. swirlingflight

I think I've got the bard.

• Like x 1
  3. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

@The Frood Abides so we're starting just with whatever our background, class, etc. gives us (or with whatever we can buy with our class' gp allowance)? I'd thought maybe, since we're 5th level, we would have accumulated at least some extra equipment on our adventures, and maybe even a magic item or two. or some extra gp or something. guess that was incorrect? also, the Player's Handbook says whether or not you're allowed to take a feat instead of increasing your ability scores is up to the DM—are we? I'd like to give my rogue some spells to cast. and one last thing—I'd like to customize a background, since none of the available ones quite fits what I had in mind for the character. can I do so, and if so should I run it by you?

@swirlingflight nice! bards are gr9. is anyone playing a cleric? 'cause if that'd be better for the party I could totally play one instead of my rogue.

4. swirlingflight

Determined so far:
    Str 13, Dex 9, Con 7, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 15.

Race thoughts:
    A lot of odds, so my ability score increases will be helpful wherever they go. If I go with human, that'll be some badass increases... but basically no neat extra racial bonuses, which is a disappointment.

Class thoughts:
    The Cha and Str definitely imply bard to me, but sorcerer and warlock also use Cha in a big way.

Oooh. Bard of the College of Valor get medium armor, shields, and martial weapons. Ms base dex 9 and base con 7 could sure use that stuff.
    Human bard with str and martial focus could be like Eddie Riggs. Big fan of songs of great battles and struggles against terrible enemies and all that jazz. Adventuring because she wants to be in some of the songs and tales.
    Level 5:
    HP is 8+con + 4(1d8+con)

Proficiencies:
    Light armor, medium armor, shields,
    Simple weapons, martial weapons
    3 musical instruments of my choice

Saving throws: Dex, Cha
    Skills: ANY 3

Gear: Longsword
    Diplomat or Entertainer pack
    Lute or any other instrument
    Leather armor and dagger

Magic:
    3 cantrips known
    8 spells known
    Spell slots: 4 lvl 1, 3 lvl 2, 2 lvl 3
    Cha-based spellcasting
    Can ritually cast any bard ritual spell
    Can use an instrument as the spellcasting focus for bard spells

Bardic Inspiration
    Cha times / short or long rest, can use a bonus action to give one creature within 60 feet other than self who can hear a Bardic Inspiration die (d8 @lvl5)
    That creature can add the die to an ability check, attack roll, or saving throw
    Must declare the use of the die before DM says if the roll succeeds

Jack of all trades
    Can add half-rounded down-of proficiency bonus to any ability check that doesn't already have proficiency

Song of Rest
    Use soothing song or oration to increase the hp regained at the end of a rest for you and any friendly creatures who can hear (extra 1d6 @lvl5)

Expertise
    2 of your skill proficiencies double the proficiency bonus

2 ability score points (2 to same or 1 each to different) or a feat

Font of Inspiration
    (short OR long rest restores bardic inspiration)

Combat inspiration
    Bardic Inspiration die uses can also apply to weapon damage rolls, or as a reaction to add to AC against an attack

Human:
    all ability scores increase by 1
    Medium, 30 feet
    Read/write/speak Common and 1 other language

Scribe:
    Proficiencies: Arcana, History
    Languages: 2 of my choice
    Gear: Bottle of black ink, quill, small knife, letter from a dead colleague w/unanswered question, set of common clothes, belt pouch w/10gp

Specialty: Researcher

Feature: Researcher
    When you attempt to learn or recall a piece of lore, you often know where and from whom you can obtain it.

Personality trait: "There's nothing I like more than a good mystery."
    a good hook sort of thing: she's curious, thinking and asking questions and poking around, drawn by the hope of experiencing the mysteries, hope of being there as they're explored.​
    Ideal: "Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence" - Chaotic
    not social cohesion, not others' feelings...​
    Bond: "I've been searching my whole life for the answer to a certain question."
    family history, legacy, something of whether ancestors really did the things credited to them​
    Flaw: "Unlocking an ancient mystery is worth the price of a civilization"
    really not a hero adventuring for the good of peoples' lives... but for the experiences and the stories and boy oh boy is she willing and ready to lie to keep out of consequences​
    [​IMG]

Sorcerers only have Draconic and Wild in the core book, and I don't like the look of Draconic... but the more I think of it, the more Wild Magic is growing on me.
    It would be hilarious, because of all those "suddenly chaos" effects, but is anybody willing to put up with that?​

Wild Magic
    Alexis
    Maze of the Blue Kintsugi character
    (human wild sorcerer), level 5
    Str 10, Dex 14, Con 8, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 16
    +3 proficiency

HUMAN:
    Medium
    30 ft base walking
    Common, +1 other language

ENTERTAINER BACKGROUND:
    Proficiencies: Acrobatics, Performance
    Disguise kit, one type of musical instrument
    Feature: By Popular Demand
    (You can always find a place to perform, receiving free lodging and food of modest or comfortable standard as long as you perform each night. It makes you locally famous, and people tend to like you.)​
    I get bitter if I'm not the center of attention.
    (Grudgingly sigh and tolerate friends getting SOME attention, but the spotlight better stay on the star)​
    I like seeing the smiles on peoples' faces when I perform. That's what most matters to me.
    (Neutral)​
    I would do anything for the other members of my old troupe.
    (even tolerate them getting more attention than her... sadface)​
    A scandal prevents me from ever going home again, and that kind of trouble seems to follow me around...
    (Accidental magic is not your friend.)​
    SORCERER (WILD MAGIC):
    2 skill proficiencies (Arcana, Deception, Insight, Intimidation, Persuasion, Religion)
    1d6 hp
    No armor
    Daggers, darts, slings, quarterstaffs, light crossbows
    Con + Cha saving throw proficiencies
    Cha-based spells, spells known and spell slots.
    Can use Arcane Focus as the focus for generic materials
    5 cantrips known, 6 spells known, 4 lvl 1, 3 lvl 2, 2 lvl 3
    5 sorcery points (can be used to add a temp spell slot or metamagic options)

Metamagic (2 at level 5)
    Subtle spell
    Can spend 1 sorcery point to cast it without any somatic or verbal components​
    Empowered spell
    Can spend 1 sorcery point to reroll damage dice of a spell up to Cha mod#, must take the new rolls.​
    Wild magic surge, whenever you cast a spell of 1st or higher, the DM can have you roll a 20 (rolling a 1 = random magical effect)

1/long rest, you can gain advantage on one attack roll, abililty check, or saving throw. Until you regain the feature, the DM can have you roll on the magic surge effect table any time you cast a sorcerer spell level 1 or above.

Level 4 = 2 points of ability score increase or 1 feat.

GEAR:
    Light crossbow with 20 bolts
    Arcane Focus
    Dungeoneer's pack or explorerer's pack
    Two daggers
    A musical instrument
    A romantic favor from an admirer
    Belt pouch including 15gp
    [​IMG]

I've never played warlock. gonna peer through the class description and see just what it is (besides a cha-based caster who got their powers by making a deal with an Entity)....
    Could go with Fiend to use the same basic concept as the changeling idea I'm mulling over, someone tinged with fire magic after being forced into a deal to avoid dying...​

Renegade Flame
    Maze of the Blue Kintsugi character
    (human fiend warlock), level 5
    Str 10, Dex 14, Con 8, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 16
    (oops I cheated to make them a little more cohesive)
    +3 proficiency

HUMAN:
    Medium
    30 ft base walking
    Common, +1 other language

CRIMINAL BACKGROUND:
    Proficiencies: Deception, Stealth
    One type of gaming set, thieves' tools
    Feature: Criminal Contact
    (You have a reliable fixer and ways of getting messages back and forth; you know local messengers, caravan people, and sailors who can dliver them.)​
    "I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds."
    (Take a chance, make a change, and break away)​
    "I steal from the wealthy to give to people in need. People like me! ...And people I care about. When the lowlifes fight each other, the people on top win."
    (Good..... ish.)​
    "Something important was taken from me, and I aim to steal it back"
    (sold her soul for chance at freedom, wants revenge on her jailers and to get her soul back)​
    "When I see something valuable, I can't think about anything but how to steal it."
    (Don't let her be the main negotiator unless somebody's in the group to nudge at her and keep her on track)​
    WARLOCK (FIEND PACT OF THE BLADE):
    2 skill proficiencies (Arcana, Deception, History, Intimidation, Investigation, Nature, Religion)
    1d8 hp
    Light armor
    Simple weapons
    Wis + Cha saving throw proficiencies
    Cha-based spells, spells known and spell slots.
    Can use Arcane Focus as the focus for generic materials
    3 cantrips, 6 spells known (+expanded fire magic), 2 spell slots
    All spells currently cast as 3rd level.

Eldritch Invocations (3 at level 5)
    Eldritch Sight
    Can cast detect magic at will, without expending a spell slot.​
    Devil's Sight
    Can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120 feet.​
    Thirsting Blade
    Can attack with your pact weapon twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack option on your turn.​
    Pact of the Blade
    Can use your action to create a pact weapon in empty hand. Proficient in the weapon type while wielding it, and it counts as magical for overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks/damage. It disappears if more than 5 feet from you.
    (Can make a magic weapon into your pact weapon with a special ritual after holding it.)​
    Dark One's Blessing
    When you reduce a hostile creature to 0 hitpoints, you gain temp hp equal to your Cha mod + warlock level​
    GEAR:
    Light crossbow with 20 bolts
    Arcane Focus
    Scholar's pack or dungeoneer's pack
    Leather armor, simple weapon, two daggers
    Crowbar
    Dark common clothes w/hood
    Belt pouch including 15gp
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  5. swirlingflight

If we do have the option to take feats, and I go with my valor Bard, then I think I'll want to take Inspiring Leader.

6. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

whoops fixed that.
    Where's the extra +1 coming from?

edit. oh, ability score improvements are +2 this edition. Might as well throw it in wis, see if i can snage a +1 in the dungeon somewhere.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  7. esotericPrognosticator

@Wiwaxia I don't know if you know this already, but your phrasing makes it sound like you think the only type of ability score improvement you can make is +2 to one ability, and that's not actually true—you can do +1 to two different abilities if you like. sorry for cluttering up the thread if you know that already!

8. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

Yes, just background/class equipment.
    You can definitely take feats. Though if you take the Arcane Trickster rogue archetype, you don't need a feat to get spells to cast. (If you don't have the book, I'll PM you the details like I did Wiwaxia -- it might not be in the SRD.)
    Custom background is fine, just run it by me.

9. esotericPrognosticator

I do have the book, actually! it's just that Arcane Trickster is not so great in terms of spell number and variety available, so I kinda wanted to bolster it with something else. also, personally I think the Assassin archetype is both more fitting for my character and more useful, so I might pick that one and just get the magic from a feat.

10. esotericPrognosticator

alright, mostly-complete character sheet! I will add in the details of the background aside from proficiencies and skills and answer the questions later, I think, because the rest of this certainly took a fuckin' while. I am mildly stoked about this character, though, because those are some promising ability scores! my dice did not fail me. also, let me know if this is still too long and I'll collapse some other sections.

NAME: Lyriae (leer-ree-eye) Quicksilver
    SEXUAL ORIENTATION: chiefly interested in women, up for casual sex with men
    RACE: half-elf (mother human, father high elf)
    APPEARANCE: medium shade of dark brown skin, chin-length straight black hair, delicate elven features and ears, slender and lithe build, silver eyes
    (her skin is actually darker than this, but this is the darkest shade the dollmaker had. isn't colorism great?)
    adventuring gear:
    Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 9.38.48 PM.png
    more or less casual clothing:
    Screen Shot 2016-07-28 at 8.50.04 PM.png
    HEIGHT: 5'2"
    WEIGHT: 115 lb.
    SIZE: Medium
    SPEED: 30 ft.
    ALIGNMENT: CN
    CLASS: rogue
    ARCHETYPE: Arcane Trickster​
    LEVEL: 5th (6,700 XP)
    ABILITY SCORES:
    Strength: 8 (-1)
    Dexterity: 18 (+4)
    Constitution: 10 (+0)
    Intelligence: 13 + 1 (race) = 14 (+2)
    Wisdom: 11 + 1 (race) = 12 (+1)
    Charisma: 16 + 2 (race) = 18 (+4)​
    MAX HP: 32
    CURRENT HP: 27
    AC: 16 (base AC 12 (studded leather) + 4 (Dex modifier))
    ATTACKS:
    short sword
    2 melee attacks per turn (action + bonus action, +0 damage to bonus)
    +7 to hit
    +4 damage
    damage 1d6 piercing​
    dart
    1 ranged attack per turn
    range 20/60
    +7 to hit
    +4 damage
    damage 1d4 piercing​
    RACIAL TRAITS:
    darkvision: dim light as if bright, darkness as if dim, 60 ft.
    advantage on saving throws vs. charm, immunity to magical sleep
    LANGUAGES:
    Common, Elvish, Undercommon
    PROFICIENCIES (MODIFIER: +3):
    armor: light armor
    weapons: simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, short swords
    tools: thieves' tools (class); poisoner's kit, herbalism kit (background)
    saving throws: Dexterity and Intelligence
    skills: Acrobatics, Athletics, Stealth, Investigation (class); Insight, Perception (race); Sleight of Hand, Persuasion (background)
    x2 proficiency on Persuasion and Athletics (class feat: Expertise)
    CLASS FEATS:
    Sneak Attack: +3d6 damage on ranged or finesse attacks with advantage or with ally within 5 ft. of target
    Cunning Action: can use bonus action to Dash, Disengage, or Hide
    Uncanny Dodge: can use reaction to halve damage dealt by visible attacker
    ARCHETYPE FEATS:
    Spellcasting:
    3 wizard cantrips
    4 1st-level wizard spells (3 illusion/enchantment)
    3 1st-level spell slots
    Intelligence spellcasting ability​
    Mage Hand Legerdemain (see Int Spell Details)
    OTHER FEATS:
    City Secrets (Urchin background):
    in an urban environment, entire party moves x2 faster when not in combat​
    Magic Initiate:
    2 warlock cantrips
    1 1st-level warlock spell + 1 1st-level spell slot
    Charisma spellcasting ability​
    SPELLS:
    INTELLIGENCE:
    spell save DC: 13
    spell attack modifier: +5
    spells known:
    cantrips:
    fire bolt
    ray of frost
    mage hand

1st-level:
    color spray
    sleep
    Tasha's Hideous Laughter
    witch bolt

spell slots:
    1st-level: 3 1
    color spray: cast in 1 action; range 15-ft. cone centered on self; V, S, & M; lasts 1
    round; affects 6d10 HP of creatures in range in ascending order of current HP; creatures with HP ≤ (6d10 - HP of previously affected creatures) are blinded for spell's duration
    fire bolt: cast in 1 action; range 120 ft.; V & S; instantaneous; ranged spell
    attack against target in range; hit deals 2d10 fire damage and ignites flammable objects
    mage hand: cast in 1 action; range up to 30 ft. from self; V & S; lasts 1 minute;​
    conjures spectral, floating hand that lasts for duration or until goes out of range, you cast spell again, or you dismiss it (takes 1 action); use action to control hand; can manipulate object, open door or container if unlocked, stow or retrieve item from open container, or pour contents out of vial, flask, etc.; can move hand up to 30 ft. each action; hand can't attack, use magic items, or carry >10 lbs.; (Mage Hand Legerdemain feat) can use Cunning Action bonus action to control hand; can make hand invisible, use thieves' tools at range, or pick pockets (Sleight of Hand check vs. target's Perception)
    ray of frost: cast in 1 action; range 60 ft.; V & S; instantaneous; ranged spell
    attack against creature in range; hit deals 2d8 cold damage and slows creature by 10 ft. until start of your next turn
    sleep: cast in 1 action; range 90 ft.; V, S, & M; lasts 1 minute; affects 5d8 HP of​
    creatures within 20 ft. of point in range in ascending order of current HP; creatures with HP ≤ (5d8 - HP of previously affected creatures) fall unconscious until spell ends, they take damage, or someone uses action to shake or slap awake; doesn't affect undead or those immune to charm
    Tasha's Hideous Laughter: cast in 1 action; range 30 ft.; V, S, & M; lasts ≤ 1
    minute with concentration; creature within range must make Wis saving throw or starting laughing so hard they fall prone and become incapacitated for duration (creatures Int≤4 immune)
    witch bolt: cast in 1 action; range 30 ft.; V, S, & M; lasts ≤ 1 minute with
    concentration; ranged spell attack against creature in range; hit deals 1d12 lightning damage; on subsequent turns for duration, use action to deal 1d12 additional damage automatically; spells ends if you take other action or if target is ever out of range or has total cover
    CHARISMA:
    spell save DC: 15
    spell attack modifier: +7
    spells known
    cantrips:
    eldritch blast
    poison spray

1st-level:
    hex
    spell slots:
    1st-level: 1​
    eldritch blast: cast in 1 action; range 120 ft.; V & S; instantaneous; creates two
    beams; make ranged spell attack for each against creature (can be same or different) in range; hit deals 1d10 force damage per beam
    hex: cast in 1 bonus action; range 90 ft.; V, S, & M; lasts ≤1 hour with
    concentration; choose visible creature within range; hexed creature has disadvantage on ability checks made with ability of your choice; your attacks deal 1d6 extra necrotic damage to hexed creature; if creature drops to 0 HP before spell ends, can use bonus action on subsequent turn to switch hex to another creature
    poison spray: cast in 1 action; range 10 ft.; V & S; instantaneous; visible
    creature in range must make Const saving throw or take 2d12 poison damage
    starting funds: 130 gp
    equipment (lb., gp):
    studded leather armor (13, 45)
    2 short swords (2, 20)
    24 darts (6, 1.2)
    backpack (5, 2)
    bedroll (7, 1)
    common clothes (3, .5)
    component pouch (2, 25)
    mess kit (1, .2)
    perfume (0, 5)
    pouch (1, .5)
    10 days' rations (20, 2)
    tinder box (1, .5)
    waterskin (5, .2)
    whetstone (1, .01)
    thieves' tools (1, 25)
    herbalism kit (3, 0 [5 gp donated by party])
    100-pocket vest (trinket) (0, 0)
    18 cigarettes (0, 1.8)
    total cost: 129 gp 9 sp 1 cp
    remaining funds: 9 cp
    total weight: 71 lb.
    carrying capacity: 120 lb.
    weight carried on body: 27 lb.
    weight of backpack, bedroll, waterskin, & contents: 44 lb.
    BACKSTORY

BACKGROUND QUESTIONS:
    • What is your alignment?
    First and foremost, I'm going to take care of myself. It's no skin off of my nose if someone is stupid enough to go hungry or get robbed or be killed. I'll admit that I help assholes get what's coming to them sometimes, but hey, it's not so much me performing a public service as it is me helping myself out. I used to let my guilt get the better of me more, and I'm still overly fucking emotional, but I'm getting better at keeping my priorities straight. (Chaotic Neutral.)
    • How old are you?
    See, this is the kind of question douchebag old men like to ask. Why the fuck do you care? Old enough. I've been old enough since I was fourteen, thanks. (Twenty-one.)
    • What are your parents like?
    Dad's an absentee asshole; as far as I'm concerned he might as well be dead, except elves live stupidly long, so. Let's just say he has no interest in me or my mom. Mom's... well, I owed her for keeping a roof over my head and food in my stomach long enough for me to grow up and take care of myself. Some people don't get that much of a chance. So I tried to pay my debt, you know? Except she just got sicker and angrier, and it was never enough... I've been gone for a while. I don't know how she's doing.
    • Are you married?
    Goddamn, that's a laugh! (No.)
    • Do you have a “true love?” If not, what do you imagine them to be like? If yes, are they alive?
    If I do, I hope to the gods I never find her. For one thing, I'm a cynic, and it'd blow to get proof that the people who twitter on about flower petals and songbirds and shit are actually right. For another, whoever she is, she's too good to be stuck with me.
    • Have you any artistic skill or inclination?
    Does being a pickup artist count? And I'm pretty good with my hands; I just never had the time or attention for stuff like that.
    • Are you wearing or carrying anything that could be considered “art”? (e.g. a sword hilt shaped like an animal)
    Anything I could sell I sold to get my equipment, and that's all pretty basic shit. Used to have jewelry, but I hocked it all except for a couple of basic iron earrings, so no.
    • How well dressed or fashionable are you?
    Shit, man, I'm, like, rag pile couture. I mean, my armor's nice—you're kinda fucked if you've got bad armor—but that's about it. I'd like to dress better, sure, but I'm not rolling in piles of gold yet. Again, I used to have some fancy clothes, but I was glad to see the backs of those.
    • How much gold do you have on you? Where and how did you get it?
    No gold at all! Nine copper pieces, though. Become an adventurer, they said. You'll kill monsters and get rich, they said. What a joke. I did used to have about 130 gp—which, let me tell you, was more gold than I've seen in one place in my life—but that all went into the monster-killing gear. I got that by plying my trade, taking advantage of the gullible, selling all my shit—you know, the usual.
    • Who was the last person you killed?
    I miscalculated the dose of poison for a mark about a week before I left the city. It was supposed to just knock him for a loop, but he never woke up. I only found out about it later. That kind of thing happens sometimes, but it was still a good thing I had almost all my money by then.
    • Roughly how many people have you killed?
    Shit, I dunno. Mostly people who were gonna do bad shit to me, one way or another. There were a lot of those people, though.
    • How many good friends have you seen die or disappear?
    Enough so that I know getting close to people is a waste of time.
    • What is your greatest fear?
    Being helpless. Being in someone else's power.
    • What is one of your most basic desires? Are you ashamed of it?
    Mm... well, wanting money is a pretty basic desire, isn't it? Greed's so common, though—it's good sense. Wanting sex? People seem to get flustered about that. Doesn't bother me much, though.
    • What are some of your secrets?
    You're gonna have to pay me more than that if you wanna hear something juicy. But here's one—I can cast spells! It's not a secret anymore—more of an asset, really—but it used to be. People can get nasty around things they don't understand, and I didn't wanted to be burned for a witch. I am one, though—or I think so? I'm not very clear on the finer points of spellcaster classification.
    • Would you ever sell your soul? What would it take?
    I would say everything's got a price, but knowing I might be dealing with demons puts this question into perspective a little. No, I wouldn't, not even if it were that or die, because being owned by someone else is a fuck of a lot worse than dying.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    • Like x 2
  11. The Frood Abides

@esotericPrognosticator looks good to me! Regarding the background feature: you can either PM me or we can discuss in this thread. Once I know your background we can talk about what feature would be appropriate.

ETA: if you'd taken max HP at 1st level and average thereafter, that would still only get you 28 HP by my count. Did you just roll really high on your hit dice?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  12. esotericPrognosticator

re: HP—I did indeed roll pretty high! 8 at 1st level, 5 at 2nd, 8 at 3rd, 4 at 4th, and 7 at 5th. my d8 loves me and I love it. if you'd rather I can have just 28, though?

edit: also, did you see my question about alignment? it's in square brackets.

edit the second:
    idk if this is rhetorical or not, but personally I am down for Wild Magic chaos effects. the vast majority of them are a) either helpful or neutral or b) only do bad things to the sorcerer, so. also, c'mon, some of them are indeed hilarious.
    personally I think warlocks are great! they have some sick offensive spells and a certain Rose-Lalonde-esque ambiance, especially if you go for a Great Old One patron. I like your sorcerer and bard ideas too, though.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    • Like x 1
  13. The Frood Abides

@esotericPrognosticator Nah, I said honor system and I believe you. I just think it's hilarious that the rogue has almost twice the paladin's HP.
    As for the question about alignment -- there are a couple places it could be relevant, so yes, please pick one.

• Like x 1
  14. swirlingflight

Clearly, the answer here is that I should make a character of each of those classes, and then see which one I like best at the end of it. :P

• Like x 1
  15. The Frood Abides

@swirlingflight as the DM I don't want to influence your decision too much, but if you're still uncertain, maybe think about how it would complement the party lineup (currently paladin, rogue, fighter, wizard). Sorcerer and warlock would both add firepower; bard is more of a support/utility caster.

• Like x 1
  16. esotericPrognosticator

it really is. poor Alabaster. even with the -1 Constitution modifier those must've been terrible rolls. average of... roll of 3 on levels after 1st? yeesh.

17. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Yep, rolled super badly. Hopefully all the old school exploration garbage i filled my pack up with will help me survive.

• Like x 2
  18. The Frood Abides

I feel like I missed a golden opportunity by not calling this thread "Maze of the Blue Abusaa"

• Like x 2
  19. esotericPrognosticator

damn, you really did. you can still change it, though!

20. swirlingflight

Well, I like the sorcerer and warlock concepts that I made, but for both of them I want to switch the STR to DEX... which is cheating for the self-given rule of rolling the attributes in order. I think I'll just keep those concepts saved for other games (like the store-run games, where you do point buy for attributes instead). With the bard, the high-str is part of the concept I went in with... so she works better.

So! Time for me to finagle this bard's details.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice