Let's Go Steal a Dungeon (MotBM OOC/Planning)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by The Frood Abides, Jul 21, 2016.

1. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

me attempting to triangulate my gender identity

edit: @The Frood Abides I just went and updated the XP count on Lyriae's character sheet, and, uh... did you mean for the 160 XP plus the 6,500 XP everyone in the party already has to equal 6,660 XP??? because I honestly wouldn't put it past you. :P

edit the second: I also just reread the prologue and realized that the guy from whom we liberated the painting is Lord Avaraptus. SUBTLE.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    • Like x 1
  2. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

@esotericPrognosticator I've been calculating XP from roughly-equivalent 5e monsters, or based on the encounter difficulty if I can't find an appropriate parallel. And the Orchidmen were a random encounter, so it was completely unintentional.

Yeah, I named your mark "greedy thief" in bad pseudo-Latin. You named your smooth-talking rogue "Quicksilver" so I think we're even. :P You're in the Maze now, so you can blame the names on Zak and Patrick from here on in.

• Like x 1
  3. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

yup. Liron's whole concept of gender is a shrug

edit: I'm a bit ashamed to admit how many of those stones I actually did know off the top of my head. I can't even blame Steven Universe for most of them, I was just researching gemstones for some jewelry-making stuff

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
    • Like x 1
  4. The Frood Abides

@Wiwaxia I would like you to roll a Deception check.

5. esotericPrognosticator

tfw Alabaster's Deception mod is +1
    (also I would like to draw everyone's attention to the fact that Alabaster has proficiency on Wis saving throws. amazing)

edit: that being said, that was a pretty good save, assuming the river Tiber is, like, a thing in this 'verse. I guess it is if we want it to be? although can I ask why Alabaster didn't just own up and apologize, @Wiwaxia? I get that Lapis Lazuli Felid probably doesn't like being called a tiger and all, but that would've been my first thought for Lyriae. is it not quite Alabaster's style?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • Like x 1
  6. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

...nat 1

• Like x 5
  7. Wiwaxia

snap decision based on a bad gut feeling about that option. might be their stype in another situation?

• Like x 1
  8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

merrrrrrry critmas

• Like x 2
  9. swirlingflight

i'm too enthralled to see what lapis' response is going to be to want to reply until after :3c

• Like x 1
  10. esotericPrognosticator

so if Lapis goes for Alabaster's throat Lyriae should just fuckin' whale on it right
    ...how many hit points does Alabaster have
    edit: and that's my only contribution to this delicate diplomatic situation... perhaps I shouldn't be playing the smoothtalker.........

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    • Like x 1
  11. esotericPrognosticator

LOOK, YOU TERRIBLE COMBAT-INDUCING PLOT DEVICE, HOW THE FUCK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT?? DISREGARDING MR. UNRELIABLE NARRATOR HERE, LIONS AND TIGERS ARE FUCKIN' IDENTICAL ASIDE FROM THEIR COLORATION! YOU ARE COLORED LIKE NEITHER!!!! FUCK YOU!!!!! ...does someone wanna make a Nature check to yell that IC it would bring me much satisfaction

oh my god Frood passive aggressive much >:]

and I rolled 17 for initiative. are there any mods I should add, or is it just the straight roll?

• Like x 1
  12. The Frood Abides

• Like x 1
  13. esotericPrognosticator

@The Frood Abides ...I'll totally remember that next time, promise, because hELL YEAH DEX MOD!!!! MAN IS IT NICE RPING SOMEONE WHO ISN'T CLUMSY AS HELL LIKE I AM

14. swirlingflight

Init 14, and Sarnai doesn't have Nature but she sure has deception in great quantities. She can make loud aggrieved noises at Lapis.

• Like x 1
  15. The Frood Abides

@swirlingflight Initiative only really matters on the first round, but please wait till I've told you whether you beat the monster or not.

You did roll higher than the Lion in Lapis Lazuli, so it's nbd this time.

Anyone who beats a 13 can act before it does.

(Now I'm off to bed.)

• Like x 1
  16. Wiwaxia

17. swirlingflight

Maybe I should edit that to use bonus action for an inspiration die too give Alabaster too. Esp since I screwed up and posted early.

18. esotericPrognosticator

rip Alabaster we knew them well
    @The Frood Abides you're rolling for Stella, right? 'cause if someone else who rolls high for initiative is gonna get in melee range with Lapis, I'm willing to test out whether magic-infused stone will take piercing damage, since I could potentially deal a lot with the sneak attack bonus, but if neither Stella nor Liron (who I think definitely won't) gets within 5 ft. before Lyriae's turn, I'd rather flex Lyriae's ranged spell attack muscles. >:]

19. The Frood Abides

20. esotericPrognosticator

boy that sure is some type of temporary "DM impartially runs PC as NPC" roll ;P @thegrimsqueaker just to confirm, Liron's not getting into melee range, right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice