Let's Go Steal a Dungeon (MotBM OOC/Planning)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by The Frood Abides, Jul 21, 2016.

1. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

@esotericPrognosticator

Stella's in melee, so yes. Sneak Attack only works with "a finesse or a ranged weapon" (PHB 96), so spell attacks don't count, sorry.
    As for resting: you recover all HP on a long rest (8 hours). On a short rest (1 hour), you can "spend Hit Dice" and roll a number of your hit dice to recover some HP. (You get back half your spent hit dice on a long rest.) These rules are covered on page 186 of the PHB.

@thegrimsqueaker

I don't think Liron took any damage in the last fight. Only Alabaster and Sarnai got hurt at all.

• Like x 1
  2. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

@The Frood Abides thanks! I should've probably gone and combed through the rogue class entry before I asked you, huh. :P and I'm fairly certain the PHB copy I've been using has, er, unofficial numbering, so what heading is the stuff on pg 186 under, pray tell? obviously I need to review it. :')

3. The Frood Abides

Chapter 8, Adventuring, under the heading "Resting"

• Like x 1
  4. esotericPrognosticator

thanks, Frood! ...thanks also for encouraging me to look through the rogue info again, 'cause I just realized that Uncanny Dodge is a 5th level feat, not a 6th level one, and that's, like. kinda important and helpful. too late to use it to halve my 5 points slashing damage, but hey, now I'll actually put it on my character sheet and keep it in mind. :P how ought we indicate reactions we take, by the way? just in this thread, or?

5. The Frood Abides

This thread is fine for reactions, I think.

• Like x 1
  6. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Being an artsy adventurer is pain and crying

Additionally, having a bard of along means listening to some good snoozing tunes as we doze off, allowing for increased hp regain.

• Like x 1
  7. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

n00b question- would casting Dispel Magic do anything in this situation?

8. The Frood Abides

9. esotericPrognosticator

@thegrimsqueaker creative problem solving, I like! :D what level of spell slot would you be able to use for this dispel magic? the lion's animating spell(s) is/are probably fancy af, and dispel magic only automatically works on spells of its spell slot's level or lower—otherwise Liron will have to make a successful Int check vs. a DC of 10 + [target spell's level] for it to work. ...although you're gonna have to determine whether the lion is animated by a single spell, 'cause if it's not dispel magic will do jack shit. good luck on the Arcana check!

10. thegrimsqueaker

15+5=20 ty, proficiency bonus

@esotericPrognosticator lvl 3, of which I have two spells and two slots, and one of each spell prepared 38D

• Like x 2
  11. The Frood Abides

@thegrimsqueaker
    Certain weak constructs can be disabled or disrupted by dispel magic, like animated objects, but the refined craftsmanship of the creature before you makes you suspect that it would not be vulnerable to such a tactic.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  12. thegrimsqueaker

damn. winter knight tactics it is, then

13. The Frood Abides

@thegrimsqueaker want to move up to B7, so you're not firing a ray through Alabaster and Sarnai? They'll grant it cover if you don't.

14. thegrimsqueaker

oh shit, yeah. can I go back and edit, or did I just shoot my teammates?

• Like x 1
  15. The Frood Abides

@thegrimsqueaker you can go back and edit. That seemed like absentmindedness on your part or poor communication of your situation on my part, rather than a poor decision Liron would have made in character.

• Like x 1
  16. esotericPrognosticator

I don't think you can ever shoot someone in your party unless you're trying to? maybe on a critical failure, depending on the DM, but yeah. you don't hit things you don't aim for. it's just that their being between Liron and the Lion gives the Lion... partial?... cover, the same as if there were two Sarnai- and Alabaster-shaped rocks in the way. so the Lion's harder to hit. I think there's a set penalty to your to-hit roll or something like that. tbh I did the same thing earlier... >_>; I decided that Lyriae would move sideways and forward instead of staying where she was before I remembered that she couldn't attack well from where she was. it's hard to remember when you're making a ranged attack. :P better that you forget where your party members are during a ranged spell attack than when you're casting fireball, though!

17. thegrimsqueaker

18. The Frood Abides

Liron's got Sculpt Spells from the evocation school, though, which lets them exclude 1+spell level other creatures from the area of an evocation. So they could conceivably drop a fireball on the rest of the party and only damage their enemies.

• Like x 2
  19. thegrimsqueaker

38D this is why I like playing a mage w friendly fire turned off in DA games, right here. it's also why I always get the "spray and pray" perk as soon as I can in any fallout game, tbh

20. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

reminder to self: i need to try an evocation wizard very very badly

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice