Let's Go Steal a Dungeon (MotBM OOC/Planning)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by The Frood Abides, Jul 21, 2016.

1. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

also, what ought I roll to make a, mm, sense motive check? how genuine is this lady, is she just making pleasant conversation while she prepares to eat us, etc. preferably without her noticing that Lyriae's doing so. :P

• Like x 1
  2. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

the 5e equivalent of Sense Motive is Insight. If you're not proficient in Insight, that's just straight Wisdom.

3. esotericPrognosticator

I forget if my Wisdom modifier (+1) ought to stack with my proficiency mod, but in any case I rolled a 14, so that's either 17 or 18.

4. The Frood Abides

Yeah, the ability modifier stacks with the proficiency modifier.
    Her eyes linger on Sarnai and Alabaster -- in particular, Alabaster's painted shield and the canvas strapped to Sarnai's back.

5. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

knowing Zak and Patrick, it's probably supposed to be "Torture of Hair"

• Like x 1
  6. esotericPrognosticator

y tho

7. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

I just rolled a nat 20 on a Deception check to act like we're just humble academics and art fans, not in it for the wealth at all. Apparently Sarnai is particularly concerned by this lady's torturous hair??? Dice why. o_o

8. esotericPrognosticator

iiiiis the Deception check for the whole party? will Lyriae actually be able to act like an academic???

9. swirlingflight

Just act natural okay

• Like x 3
  10. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

or you could just let Liron talk. they actually are mostly just an academic

• Like x 1
  11. esotericPrognosticator

STELLA THE ART CRITIC

• Like x 2
  12. swirlingflight

One who didn't quit to hang out in bars learning to make magic with music, even! Perfect. Consider Liron's ankle kicked. Help us succeed at this totally necessary deception that's only part deception anyway. :p

• Like x 2
  13. The Frood Abides

I'd like to see an IC post on what, exactly, you're saying to the lady. oh wow my alerts are borked ignore this

You'll only have to roll a Deception check if you open your mouth to say something untrue or deceptive. (Though it'll be easier now that Sarnai's gotten so high. This isn't "manufacturing a new deception" it's "not blowing the bard's cover.")

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    • Like x 3
  14. thegrimsqueaker

guys, we just found the one time Liron is actually useful in a social situation. I'm both proud and terrified

• Like x 4
  15. swirlingflight

I went to bed going AAAAA because five minutes after my post I sure didn't remember where I'd even been going with that. In a couple I might be awake the right way to remember.

Thankfully that's an excellent temptation offer to consider! :')

16. esotericPrognosticator

I assume Sarnai should tell her this (or should it be Lyriae, she of the 18 Charisma?), but my first thought regarding a response was, like, "your offer is quite generous, but I'm afraid that this particular canvas is not aesthetically remarkable—it's just solid black. Liron assures us that it has some intriguing magical properties, so we've decided to keep it around, but I assume that sort of thing isn't of interest to you?" if we care about keeping it, anyway? there's no guarantee that we can escape through the painting or that there are no other escape routes in the Maze. certainly Lyriae won't want to get rid of a potential way out, but personally I dunno if it's worth more than two thousand gp.

• Like x 1
  17. swirlingflight

Sarnai sure cares about keeping it, partly she's still convinced it'll start working again eventually, and partly because it's the twin to classic painting she's such a fangirl of. Nevermind that they broke the classic.

• Like x 1
  18. esotericPrognosticator

I would argue that Chanterelle broke the classic, actually. probably? I mean, I guess the painting on the other side is technically the classic, not the one we have, and I have no idea what that looks like (oh, man, did it show the battle with the orchidmen in real time?? that would be so cool), but anyway she was the first to move and also orchestrated her own escape, which is what disrupted the original composition. I guess you could argue that Alabaster broke it, though, seeing as they a) were the first foreign object to enter the painting, so to speak, and b) physically broke the chains. anyway. does the response look good to you, Swirl, and do you want Sarnai to deliver it?

• Like x 1
  19. swirlingflight

Heh, yes, it's very accurate to say Chanterelle did the deed. Especially since she went and sabotaged the group afterwards, instead of letting the canvas continue functioning as was once she got out. Right now Sarnai's super not inclined to blame the (ex)prisoner for what happened, when she can hold the responsibility herself. She loves rushing into dangerous spots, even though she always regrets it once shit starts hitting the fan in non-awesome ways. Blaming the party's a nice roundabout way to blame herself for them getting cut off and acided by orchids.

I'd like to reword it slightly so it feels more like her, but yes. Thank you! That helps a lot! I got in a spiral of aaaaaa of what to do.

• Like x 1
  20. thegrimsqueaker

oh thank glob, there's a way for us not to fall into the obvious trap that doesn't break character

• Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice