Let's Go Steal a Dungeon (MotBM OOC/Planning)

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by The Frood Abides, Jul 21, 2016.

1. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

@The Frood Abides , how much weight can Stella pull up hand-over-hand with a rope? for that matter, how much weight can the rope Stella's got lift?

2. missoyashirou

missoyashirou Someone please give me a tiny dog to play with

Well, the fighter used to be a battle-slave for a colosseum, so seeing people getting stuck in a box with a chained up painting woman has her all "People are getting trapped in the magical realm. I don't want to be trapped in the magical realm, I don't know how to punch magic. I'm just going to freak out and try not to go into the magical realm, or make sure we can get in and out." It's making for a lot of interesting reactions though, with the chaotic goods wanting to see what happens and the neutrals either side of "lemme watch this happen", "(Phillip J. Fry Voice) Fixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixitfixit!" or somewhere in between.

Also, it's hempen rope, if this changes anything. Should I roll for the strength check though?

• Like x 2
  3. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

awfuckhangon

I've been in Transit Hell most of today so I need to catch up on IC thread give me a min

ETA: oh god uh. This should be interesting.

@missoyashirou @esotericPrognosticator You can push, drag, or lift a weight in pounds up to twice your carrying capacity (or 30x your strength score). So Stella can lift 600 lbs, though the rope might not be able to support that. (PHB 176) I'll say you can haul up 2 or 3 of the party members no problem, since none of them are in full plate. But no one's gone into the painting with rope yet, so hold off on that STR check till I resolve what Alabaster just did.

@swirlingflight yeah, you're also seeing Alabaster.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    • Like x 3
  4. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

Of course Zak and Patrick put in something that happens if you pull on the chain. I don't know why I didn't expect that.

Anyways, does the chain reel back into the ceiling if I give it slack, or is it just out now?

• Like x 2
  5. The Frood Abides

It reels back, but, like, the door is still open.

• Like x 1
  6. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

for the reactions thing- Liron is based on one of my advisors and one of my profs in the physics department, plus the spirit of Curiosity from Feynite's DAI fanfic Looking Glass, w bits of myself thrown in for comfort. I'm amused to admit that all of us would have that reaction to the painting and everything happening therein

• Like x 2
  7. esotericPrognosticator

Lyriae is incorrigible and I am having a lot of fun playing her :D

• Like x 1
  8. thegrimsqueaker

thegrimsqueaker 28 Moribunding Mouse Aggravates the Angry Assholes

sry if Liron is a bit obnoxious about the academic stuff but it's 90% of the life experience she's willing to admit to (the stuff she isn't willing to admit to is boring merchant stuff though)

edit: let's add character depth by making them kind of a perv

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    • Like x 1
  9. The Frood Abides

Sarnai: "Science!"
    Lyriae: "Tits!"
    Liron: "Science and tits!"

• Like x 4
  10. missoyashirou

I have a set of clothes listed in my inventory. Are these the clothes on Stella's person, or is this a second set of clothing? If it's the former, is it still applicable for me to have a spare shirt?

11. The Frood Abides

Those would be the clothes on your person. PHB is not descriptive on what constitutes "common clothes." So I'll say: no spare shirt, but you've got a cloak to lend -- you've just rowed up the coast at night, it's quite chilly.

• Like x 1
  12. esotericPrognosticator

personally I think Liron's attitude is closest to ideal, but Lyriae disagrees. :P science? what's science? there is a pretty lady who will let me hit on her. (the "pretty" part is incidental, as is the "naked" part, even. get ready to watch Lyriae flirt with every single woman she comes across. this is gonna be great.)

also, Frood, can I put that in the out-of-context quotes thread? pleeeease?

an excellent strategy! I approve! although Lyriae is ready to fite Liron for Chanterelle's attentions, be warned. :D

party pooper. >:(

• Like x 3
  13. The Frood Abides

Absolutely

Also, eP, let me get a Charisma check on your last maneuver. :P

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    • Like x 1
  14. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

While we're talking clothes, I want to make clear that Alabaster does not have common clothes and is doing all this in a stupidly garish blue and green costume with lots of copper sequins on.

• Like x 4
  15. The Frood Abides

@Wiwaxia ah, so they're actually WEARING that. I saw it in your inventory but assumed it was strictly for performances.

I guess everything Alabaster does is a performance, huh.

• Like x 1
  16. missoyashirou

You say 'party pooper', I say 'the best way of pleasing the hot naked lady is giving her the things she wants'. I'm playing the long game, and making the first step in the Waifu Wars.

• Like x 3
  17. esotericPrognosticator

WHAT KIND OF PALADIN ARE THEY, EVEN???? the answer is my favorite kind. I love them

sensible! you will note that Lyriae also has followed this strategy, although I'm sure Chanterelle would appreciate another cloak, given than Lyriae's is just-past-butt length. also re: "the Waifu Wars"—first of all, it is
    on, Lyriae is gonna have all the waifus, and secondly, just out of curiosity, is there anybody in the party who's not going to hit on Chanterelle? Sarnai? Alabaster? anybody?

• Like x 2
  18. The Frood Abides

19. esotericPrognosticator

20. The Frood Abides

...I'll allow it.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice