Lets Talk K-pop!

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by Another Shy One, May 24, 2017.

1. 4ppl3m1nt

4ppl3m1nt here to bring #content

@Another Shy One Shit, I've never been to a big scale indoor concert, only small short lives during a festival and to an outdoor Jpop live with fans screaming right into my ears, and then I already felt as if a bomb went off next to me after a hour and a half, I can't imagine how much worse it must've been for you

And about that, since I haven't actually elaborated on my salty stance: I feel like both Red Flavor and Russian Roulette are catchy, but they're also more repeatitive and tiring to listen to on their own, and the "fusion" resulted in a more interesting song in the end. I tried to go back to Red Flavor after that, but it just wasn't as fun.

2. Another Shy One

Another Shy One More books than clothes

@4ppl3m1nt i was okay during the concert for the most part, im a headbanger and jumper during concerts, its the one time im allowed to be loud without anyone telling me to lower my voice cause i speak loud in general. Naw, eveything just kinda... echoes right now and does not sound right xp i was listening to Ikon earlier and poor B.I. sounded like a girl to me xD i 'll be fine by tomorrow i think.

3. Another Shy One

So re: red velvet russian roulette/red flavor

Have only listened to the songs and not the fanmash, they sound like two diff songs up until you get to the chorus which in which case they sound very very similar but in re: beats and lyrics, v different stuff im getting.
    Im thinking that that kind of choral setup is... their identifier? Like when musians/ artists make new things, there are going some key sounds that are still heard through out the music that makes them recognizable. And theres just some songs that match up really well regardless of continuity/context.

4. Another Shy One

Update: K.A.R.D'S new mv is out on the 19th and their mini album is out on the 20th, same day as AKMUs comeback. Im having soo many feels right now

ETA: Taeyangs and WINNERS new albums should be out by september!... to which i say WHY THE FXXK WERE THEY NOT EARLIER, LIKE WHEN TAEYANG STARTED TOURING?????

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  5. 4ppl3m1nt

I can't wait to be addicted to Hola Hola for a week and then never listen to it again (happened with each of K.A.R.D's releases, sadly)

• Witnessed x 1
  6. Another Shy One

Holy shitbit you guys, everyone needs to watch psy's latest vid, beautiful message and some beautiful ladies hardcore dancing. I dont normally like psys stuff and i only listened to this because of taeyang but damn this song is actually really good and therea eng captions to boot!

• Like x 1
  7. 4ppl3m1nt

• Witnessed x 2
  8. Another Shy One

... the limitations yg places on their idols make sense in some cases, they dont go w/o their manager for safety reasons (some fans are absolute nuts who need help; case in point,someone once stole taeyangs french bulldog), but in others, let these girls live their lives damnit, theyre young and should enjoy life too!!! This is why many idols have depression, because of the isolation >.<

• Agree x 1
  9. Tea and Rain

Tea and Rain angry squirrel

Eh. Not sold on Taeyang as the chorus voice personally. I like the message and choreography in the video though. Taeyang obviously has a good voice. But I find Psy hit or miss. He has some bangers (got it from my daddy is a golden response to a ridiculous American pop song about a woman bragging she inherited her good looks from her mum) and I liked this one for its clever arrangement and the word play:

I really like dreamcatcher also. I like their rockier arrangements and the horror movie inspired vid concepts.

• Agree x 1
  10. 4ppl3m1nt

I come bringing Dreamcatcher comeback trailers so you can be as shook as I am rn
    They're going to save the girl group industry on the 27th, thank you for your attention

• Like x 2
    • Useful x 1
  11. Another Shy One

AKMU came back!!!

I think Chanhyuk gained some weight but im assuming hes saying imma do what i want before going to the military

Case in point:

Thats him in drag. Hes got good legs.

And KARD has officially Debut!

And i rediscovered one of my fav vids from iKon. I love it more than the original m/v...

This has been your random kpop update from president shy (lol)

• Like x 1
  12. 4ppl3m1nt

You know the feeling when you love a movie trailer, but when you go to the cinema you end up dissapointed because it turns out they used all the best moments for the trailer and there wasn't much more worth seeing? That's how I feel about Hola Hola. I don't know what I expected from the teaser exactly but it was... more than this :/

KARD releases for me: Don't Recall > Rumour > Oh Na Na > Hola Hola

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  13. Another Shy One

Their genre is really dancehall which is kinda repetitive and not really pump up jams which is what i think you were probably expecting from the trailer but ymmv

14. 4ppl3m1nt

Pops in with a Dreamcatcher update: album preview

In other news, I just discovered Heize and I listened to her newest mini album at least four times in the past few days

• Like x 1
  15. Another Shy One

So im reawakening this thread after an improptu hiatus due to... adhd and social spoonlessness....my apologies and also i need something to distract me from the impending fire of doom happening down the street from me.

So... Taeyangs comeback was good, he put out two m/vs, DARLING and WAKE ME UP (i only put them in capitals because he did on his album)

I personally prefer dont wake me up's Mv and song... darling was too slow for me (my brain likes faster jams with nice rythms or... loud sounds... i listen to a lot of screamo too...)

Daesung is dropping another jap album!!! And if you havent seen his fantastic duo 2 trot performance, its magic
    (Will make another post for vids)
    GD is basically saying him and the rest of bigbang will going to military at the same time so they can have a faster comeback. Daesung was basically saying the samething during his D.na shows (i cant go to the grand finale in hawaii...grumble gfumble plane tickets... grumble grumble time off...)
    What else is there... oh yeah!

Im...actually into two group outside of yg ent?!?!?! 0.o (but shy, what madness is this?) Big shocker i know but listen

Vixx- jellyfish entertainment
    And
    Day6- JYP????
    (Will post vids in another post)

yup yup, thats it from me! Hows everyone else doing?

• Like x 1
  16. Another Shy One

Daesung trot thread!!! Warning these are out of order as i do not have spoons to organize them..sry

You can find the whole episode somewhere on the internets. You should look it up and then laugh the entire time, its so great, daesung is best

• Like x 1
  17. Another Shy One

• Like x 1
  18. Another Shy One

I forgot how many vids can be posted on one post at a time OTL

ALSO! I FORGOT BOBBYS DEBUT... how could i forget that *sobs* and Sechskies too!!! orz

Eta: sechskies comeback

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  19. Another Shy One

Bobbys debut!!!

same song sung live, this was soo much fun to watch lemme tell yah

one of my fav songs on the whole album, the other one being a song called secret... has no vid though
    https://youtu.be/_MKJY4vAc5o runaway is amazing and emotional

• Like x 1
  20. Another Shy One

Sechskies come back!!

i love this performance so much

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice