Lexicon: the encyclopedia roleplaying game

Discussion in 'It's Galley's Turn' started by Vacuum Energy, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Vacuum Energy

Vacuum Energy waterwheel on the stream of entropy

Worldbuild as much as you like, though don't go overboard - we still have until the 29th to get everyone else's entries (unless everyone posts before then)!

EDIT: So here's some things I want out of the 'kinetocomputer-aided flight' plotline. These are not requirements - I can work with if you break them - but they're where I plan to take the plotline next.

- The Witchborough wireless telegraph message was, effectively, a computer virus.
    - Hobbes and company most likely helped by holding back critical shipments of parts, failing to upgrade kinetocomputers, leaving safety switches in the "on" position instead of the "off" position, etc.
    - Because Charleston airships have the kinetocomputer between the pilot and the machine, the Witchborough virus (I'll call it that here, although that's not what our characters will call it) prevented the pilot from controlling the machine, in the cases that the pilot was paying attention and trying to steer. This is probably the most unsettling part of the entire affair.

P.S. Quick rules clarification: "The" does not count for the first letters of an entry; neither does "A". For instance, an article titled "The New York Gazette" would be filed under N, not T.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    • Like x 2
  2. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Is there a way to see a list of pages that includes only the ones we've made and not the default Wikia tutorial-type pages? Would it be helpful if we maintained a list of pages that have been either written or redlinked?

• Like x 2
  3. strictly quadrilateral

strictly quadrilateral alive, alive, alive!

PLEASE

4. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

• Like x 2
  5. Vacuum Energy

Holy shit, Kaylotta, that's impressive. Thumbs-up.

EDIT: Although, in the future, make sure your article URLs don't start with "wiki:". I've renamed yours - it's at http://witchborough.wikidot.com/bethany-mirzaei now - but keep that in mind for next time.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  6. Vacuum Energy

• Like x 1
  7. blue

I have a question! Kaylotta's page includes links to things that are in the A-C range. If I'm writing a new entry, do I have to do one of those? The Wikipedia rules page suggests you have to prioritize redlinked stuff over inventing new pages. Also, is it ok that Kaylotta made more than two redlinks? Will it mess up the game? No offense, Kay, I love your page :D

8. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

I also have a question! I could not for the life of me figure out how to get rid of the wiki: tag in the URL. Am I just blind?

Second: I redlinked things that seemed like they might make interesting continuances. Should I limit myself to two now/in future?

(also I'm glad y'all like the page :3)

9. strictly quadrilateral

Idk about the rules but personally I think the more redlinks the more interesting

10. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

im interested!! do i just pm you my email?

11. Vacuum Energy

While you should prioritize redlinked stuff over inventing new pages, if you really honestly don't have a good idea for the redlinks I think it's okay to make new pages. Try to make an honest effort, though.

As to more-than-two-links, it probably won't screw things up too much - so long as people are willing to make pages off the links, it shouldn't be a problem.

Before creating the page, check your URL bar. Delete the "wiki:" from the URL bar and hit enter. Then create the page. (If you screw up, I can move pages, but it would be good for you to take care of this stuff.)

Yep!

12. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@Vacuum Energy thanks! That makes sense, I just didn't see it anywhere. I'm new to the whole wiki thing :)

13. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Ahh sorry I haven't posted anything yet, I've been super preoccupied since I signed up. Hold on I'll just read through everything and then write my first entry.

14. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I think I'll have to drop out. :/

15. Vacuum Energy

16. blue

I think I'm going to duck out of at least the first round too, sorry ._.'

17. Vacuum Energy

Also okay! Like I said, this game scales up and down to differing numbers of people in different turns really well.

18. strictly quadrilateral

posted!! i forgot to do the link thing though, i just realized....sorry.

• Like x 1
  19. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

Bluh, did I miss the deadline? If so, sorry, just carry on without me.

20. Vacuum Energy

@BlackholeKG, it's OK if you want to make it up by posting now! We're not playing for points or anything like that, after all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice