Lizard's totally unnecessary snek thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by Lizardlicks, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

All the girls arrived safe as houses and are settling into their new homes!

Semi-cross posting the next bit from snek blog, but I grabbed the local pic up on Sunday and she’s a scrawny thing. From the seller’s pic I thought she’d be around 200-ish grams, but when I got to see her in person she had a very triangular shape. Seller got her from a FB auction last August, said she’s a finicky eater, takes only live and goes on strikes a lot. They tried F/T and she wouldn’t have it. Hence why they were passing her on. Well, I’m up for a challenge!

Weighed her when I got her home and she was only 131g. If she had the right body condition to match her size, I’d expect her to be 50 - 70g more. She took a pretty fat adult mouse tonight, and I have a rat pup ordered for her for next week. We’ll see if good husbandry can get her back on track, and when she’s got a bit more meat on her we’ll see about this, “eats only live” business.

No name yet, but I’m leaning toward Snickerdoodle. Fits the dessert theme!

Pic!

[​IMG]

• Like x 6
  2. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

I am so proud of her for swallowing that entire mouse even though it's wider than she is. snake jaws are so cool. please compliment her on my behalf. :3<

• Like x 1
  3. Lizardlicks

That was even after I sized down from the rat wean. I was expecting to get a 200-ish gram snake and since the rat pups had already stopped filling up Arcade at 170 I ordered two weans... then I got her and no. No that won't do at all. So Josh swapped me out for an adult mouse because it was the smallest thing he had stocked (he doesn't breed the live stuff himself, he gets it locally from a buddy of his and only carries what's ordered plus a couple extra, which generally sell out fast). She went for it, but the poor girl just has this little foot ball lump where she should be a smoothly rounded out snake with just a bit of swell from food. Hopefully if I can get her feeding consistently she'll plump up quick.

• Like x 1
  4. Lizardlicks

All the new darlin's arrived safe and sound!

• Like x 5
  5. Lizardlicks

Name for the Leopard girl that I both thought of individually AND had someone else suggest completely separate of that without knowing I had also considered it is Artemis. She does seem like an Artemis, ya?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    • Like x 2
  6. Lizardlicks

[​IMG]

My little boy is not so little any more.

• Like x 6
  7. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

HELLO EVERYBODY i went to a reptile expo at a local community college a few weeks ago and very nearly got a beautiful noodle boy, but didnt because i was like "hmm this is likely an impulse buy and snakes live for a long ass time, what if i change my mind????"

of course now i regret it A Lot because ahhhHHH SNAKES but....next year.
    for sure. because then it wont be an impulse buy any more and i can have my lil noodly baby

(i was gonna get a lil kenyan sand snake bean, mainly because?? they are so tiny??? especially the dudes, they don't get longer than like a foot and a half???? what???????? and theyre so nice and docile????? Help)

8. Lizardlicks

A+ holding off, def gotta make sure you're set up and ready for new noodle friend before bringing home!

Today was a vet trip for poor little Snickerdoodle because it looks like she's in worse shape than I had originally thought and came in incubating a respiratory infection. Now she gets to have antibiotic injections every other day for the next week and a half.

• Like x 2
  9. Lizardlicks

Final kid for the collection; put a down payment on this pastel banana het pied boy. Look at his purples!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like x 6
    • Winner x 2
  10. Lizardlicks

and HERE HE IS!

• Winner x 5
  11. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

SO TINY
    SO ADORABLE OMG

• Agree x 1
  12. Lizardlicks

Not sure how many people this will be relevant to over here, but I thought I'd signal boost it in various venues anyway. I made a queer oriented facebook group for reptile keepers because I'm honestly sick to death of trying to make friends and business connections in the reptile community only to find out that they'll take great delight in shitting all over me and my friends.

• Witnessed x 2
  13. cleverThylacine

cleverThylacine cuddles for the weird and the fierce

Ugh. Same hat only with exotic cat people, it's super annoying to hear the primary law group willing to take on PeTA lauded for their role in defending Hobby Lobby.

I get that libertarian lawyers are more willing to take on the animal rights lobby but jfc, you don't have to shit all over gay people and women to prove you're happy we have representation.

• Agree x 1
  14. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

-me screams about Chik fila-
    -everyone in this town worships the chicken gods-

how is little eclair doing? and the other noodle children?

edit: angry screaming about chik film

more edit: wait was it someone else who had an eclair snake, fuck.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    • Like x 1
  15. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

oh yes hello a snek thread, GUESS WHAT this october i am going to become a snek momma :3c i'm planning on getting a male kenyan sand boa because they are delightful
    i plan on naming him lasagna

any advice beyond what can be easily googled that you wish someone had told you before you got a snek?

• Winner x 1
  16. Lizardlicks

Nope, Eclair is mine! Not very little any more though. She's in shed, so I probably won't have a current weight on her until this weekend but she's quite nearly caught up with Serket and Strudel who are a year her senior. Ugh, I need to get better pics of everybody with a proper light box again.

I don't have anything specific to sand boas. The best advise I would suggest is to join a species specific group on FB, or a forum.

• Like x 2
  17. BunjyWunjy

BunjyWunjy Frabjous

'lasagna' is the best snake name I'm officially jealous

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice