look upon these quirks, ye mighty, and despair

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by esotericPrognosticator, Mar 25, 2017.

1. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

...Aradia, then? version of your choice. don't know why I'm thinking it, but I am...

2. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Congrats I actually can't read that one. (Most quirks might take me a second, and the voice in my head sounds weird, but I can read most quirks)
    ----------------
    (My trollsona, Kezria Maalme, has a really basic quirk) ((because I'm creative))
    (She uses brakes to detonate voice volume/her feelings about the sentence)
    (Parens are basic sentences) ((double parens for whispers)) {EXCITEMENT!!!!}
    ({Stage whisper})
    (Punctuation varies) (sometimes she'll just separate a new clause into a new set of parens) (other times, she'll just use a comma)
    (Capitalization and periods are random, same as my own typing) ((like I use more capitalization when I'm on my phone because it does that automatically, but when I'm IMing I tend to drop caps and periods))
    {Oh!} (The parens sort of match her sign and horns, so that's where it came from)
    ------------
    Does anyone wanna assign me a quirk?

Edit: spelling

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    • Like x 2
  3. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Karkat holds the shift key down the whole time instead of using the capslock button, though.

Edit: oops forgot the quote bit. Also i find it kinda tough to keep shifting the beginning letter of words to caps as well. It makes things take a lot longer to get out because you have to focus on doing that as well as getting your words out. Probably just a me thing?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    • Like x 5
  4. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

i will straight-up hold the shift key and try my damndest to make normal conversation sound karkatty if that counts

other than that someone could suggest me a quirk! troll misto's is all lowercase, i=!, o=* if i should do that but i'm game to do whatever quirk

• Like x 4
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Seconding aradia feels like a good quirk for cody

• Like x 1
  6. palindromordnilap

palindromordnilap Well-Known Member

I actually do the shift key thing. I never use capslock except when I need to write accents in caps (ÉÈÀÙ).

• Like x 3
  7. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Botbot's got a quirk i guess, i was trying to convey a loud sort of monotone speech that sounds very particularly delivered and a bit awkward, like a prerecorded computerized message. Not sure how well i succeeded though.

I T_G O E S_L I K E_T H I S ! I T S_A L S O_G O T_E M O T I C O N S_A T_T H E_E N D_O F_A_S E N T E N C E_S O M E T I M E S_T O_C O N V E Y_E M O T I O N , I_A L W A Y S_I M A G I N E_T H E M_A S_B E I N G_D I S P L A Y E D_H O L O G R A P H I C A L L Y_O N_T H E I R_A N T E N N A E . :0

I think a more personal quirk (like for myself) would have a lot of spelling mistakes and missing letters, as well as a ton of colons and/or commas on the longer stuff and no periods at the end of the very last sentence in a paragraph so my thoughts just kinda drift off into the void.

Like this for exa!ple. I rely on autocrooect quite a lot, a d because spelling is hard amd not eh wasiest to do on a digital keyboard

Edit: id love anyones opinions on what homestuck quirk you think fits me?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    • Like x 1
  8. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

you pretty much already have a quirk
    instead of "It's," you know

• Like x 4
  9. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

Pff, true. I got used to doing it that way and could be arsed to retrain my muscle memory since it´s readable as is.

• Like x 2
  10. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

yeah, it is readable. it does something weird to my brain, though, i'm not sure exactly what.

• Like x 3
  11. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Ive always thought it was super cute, although it was hard to parse at first even though its so simple. It gives me the giggles

• Like x 2
  12. blue

blue hightown funk you up

i appreciate the moments when i suddenly identify an RP subaccount as belonging to cody when they use the tick, as it makes me feel clever : P

• Like x 7
  13. Corvus

Corvus old fashioned hurgusburgus

Nah, that was Caliborn who did the shift thing. Unless you're headcanoning for Karkat, I guess, but Caliborn's still the one it came up for in canon.

• Like x 6
  14. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I am deeply amused at this effect of .. me not realizing the ' key existed for a long time.

• Like x 3
  15. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Oh, i thought i remembered a chatlog with sollux though where he broke his shift and was like in all lower caps "sollux come fix this" and sollux was like "kk there2 two shiift key2 on the board and a cap2lock button - waiit have you been u2ing 2hiift thi2 whole tiime "

Maybe that was a fic...

• Like x 5
  16. artistformerlyknownasdave

artistformerlyknownasdave revenge of ricky schrödinger

sounds like a fic, but frankly the idea of karkat typing his essays with a pinky on the shift key the whole time delights me

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 1
  17. esotericPrognosticator

uhhhhh I have to admit that I... didn't think that was a deliberate quirk, I thought it was like... well I seem to remember you're from Germany and possibly I'm wrong about that but in any case I chalked it up to your not having a standard English keyboard?? OH GOD FORGIVE ME MY ANGLOCENTRIC IGNORANCE

• Like x 2
  18. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

It´s not really a deliberate quirk, but I think you can argue it´s an unconscious one. However no, German keyboards do have the ', I just didn´t know that for a long time and: Button I already know and can hit on one tap > Button I would have to get used to using that requires the shift key. :P
    If you´re worried I´m not at all offended.

• Like x 4
  19. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

I would cl3arly talk lik3 this.

Anyway, my oλδ fαntroλλ, minεtα, tαλkεδ λikε this ):] It was a pain in the ass, since the site we were using wasn't consistent about how it treated Unicode characters and sometimes an entire long chat log would break.

• Like x 6
  20. esotericPrognosticator

haha, no, I wasn't really worried you'd be upset, I'm just... kinda embarrassed, lol. also, wait, are you saying that ´ is on the key with : for you, while ' is on the key with > ? mine's not like that, the ' and the " are on the same key (with " being the one you get when you hit shift), the key with : also has ; , and the key with > has . . I don't think my keyboard has ´ on it, actually... there's ` on the key with ~ , but that tilts in the other direction. weird!

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice