look upon these quirks, ye mighty, and despair

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by esotericPrognosticator, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

I can but not right this instant, I can try tomorrow tho!

• Like x 1
  2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

also re sala she usually calls her boss nari but if she uses its full name it always gets capitalized because Rakka Nariltarada is a big deal who needs capital letters

3. Aondeug

Aondeug Cringe Annoying Ass Female Lobster

So+metimes I o+ccasio+nally do+ this when I'm no+t suppo+sed to+ and things get a bit awkward. And by awkward I mean really dumb.

• Like x 2
  4. Corvus

Corvus old fashioned hurgusburgus

iit'2 pretty ea2y for me two call up 2ollux'2 quiirk when ii want two. kiind of fru2tratiing though con2iideriing hu22iie wa2n't very con2ii2tent about 2ome of the fiiner detaiil2, liike whether he u2e2 apo2trophe2 or capiitaliize2 hii2 two letter niickname2, iif ii remember riight. ii think there'2 even a log (or maybe iit'2 iin the alterniiabound walkaround) where wiithiin the 2ame piiece of diialogue he both doe2 and doe2n't u2e apo2trophe2. iit'2 kiind of fun when iintere2tiing u2e2 of the "too" 2ound = "two" replacement crop up, though. liike wiith twoupee (toupee).

• Like x 2
  5. Lizardlicks

Lizardlicks Friendly Neighborhood Lizard

One of my favorite fan troll quirks is one I cam up with for my psychic/empath

he speaks <0>n a steady and even vo<0>ce. often, he w<0>ll d<0>splay <0>ns<0>ghts <0>n conversat<0>on that border on the er<0>e.

(Ehhh? Geddit?)

• Like x 5
  6. Codeless

Codeless Cheshire Cat

:shynautica:
    Why?

• Like x 2
  7. Lizardlicks

Because I'm terrible. And I can't resist a pun.

8. esotericPrognosticator

esotericPrognosticator still really excited about kobolds tbqh

okay the other ♩ay i was frustrate♩ that i coul♩n't ren♩er saikym's quirk accurately | especially with regar♩ to the smiley faces ♭ecause those are <THE CUTEST FUCKING THINGS> || so i took a screenshot of google ♩ocs || you're welcome || >also this is their text/♭lood color i forgot it ♭efore< || >& this pattern of ♩ecrescen♩o text crescen♩o is their way of ren♩ering parentheses | ♭ecause you say things in parentheses at a lower volume< ||
    Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 1.17.21 PM.png

• Like x 2
  9. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

...Potential fridge brilliance, if there were two clear patterns to the work that he swapped between.

• Like x 7
  10. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

sometimes i have an involuntary quirk by way of the top row of letters on my keyboard beng boken half the tme

it's great

• Like x 2
  11. esotericPrognosticator

SO this is somewhat presumptuous but would any of you lovely, creative folks care to help me lovingly hand-craft some fantroll quirks? I have (foolishly) created a whole SGRUB session's worth of planet-themed trolls (ten of them, actually, planets plus the Sun and Pluto) and I'm somewhat tuckered out from generating hemotypes, names, Trollian handles, classpects, lands, lusii, strifekind, et fucking cetera for all of them, but I can't stop now. so if I linked to the document, would anyone be interested in making suggestions?

• Like x 1
  12. Saro

Saro Where is wizard hut

I would, although I can't guarantee quality.

• Like x 1
  13. Lizardlicks

I can take a look!

Can't guarantee you won't get more puns tho.

• Like x 1
  14. esotericPrognosticator

@Lizardlicks puns are excellent. pls more puns.

anyway, here 'tis! it occurs to me that I have rough sketches of these guys' personalities that I haven't written up yet, so if you'd like more info, pester me and I'll see what I can do. :P

15. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

i had a bat-themed fantroll in the same group as @blue and @tez , his quirk was originally tripling all the hard "c"s and "k"s like he was echolocating (and the tripled 'c's look like sound waves), but then someone (? idr who) was like "uhhmMMM WHY ARE U TRIPLING UR 'K'S IS THIS A WHITE SUPREMACIST TROLL" and i was like "D:"

so his quirkk beCCCame doubling the "kk"s and tripling and CCCapitalising the "CCC"s

i do not remember his name tho :") maybe blue can lend some insight

• Like x 3
  16. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Torpaq Ateran! I still have his bio, I sent it to you on messenger :')

17. blue

blue hightown funk you up

Omg I found Coravi's sprite and bio and I love him

Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 4.45.25 PM.png

>Be the brainless feathery asshole.

You are now CORAVI APPICA.

You are a master of the noble art of FLIGHT. Well, not really. You are, however, a master of the slightly less noble art of JUMPING OFF THINGS. Despite the many INJURIES you have accumulated due to this DANGEROUSLY EXTREME HOBBY, you are ADAMANT that one day soon you will discover how to fly. One of your friends once imparted to you the SECRET OF EVOLUTION, and you are confident that if you give your body enough HARD KNOCKS it will eventually be persuaded to take the easy way out and GROW WINGS. Eventually.

You are an amateur SCULPTOR, attempting to capture the MAJESTY OF FLIGHT with your chisel and hammer. Your hive is full of SHITTY BIRD SCULPTURES. So many shitty bird sculptures. You hold out some HOPE FOR IMPROVEMENT, but not much. Your other favorite pastime is TARGET PRACTICE with your trusty SLINGSHOT. Since it can be dangerous to VENTURE OUTSIDE for too long, you often practice INDOORS. This is the source of a rather unfortunate amount of CRACKED AND DESTROYED POSSESSIONS. When the ricocheting stones are not hitting you in the head, they often hit the SHITTY BIRD STATUES. This is- of course- ENTIRELY BY ACCIDENT. ENTIRELY. As mentioned, you avoid going OUTSIDE for long periods of time. This is because you have unusually HIGH-BLOODED NEIGHBORS, and you seem to be a NATURALLY PROVOCATIVE PERSON- and while you may enjoy using your psychic skill of VOICE MIMICRY for PROVOKING PEOPLE OVER TROLLIAN, you would prefer not to provoke anyone IN REAL LIFE, where they can ACTUALLY HIT YOU.

Your trolltag is masqueradingMagpie and when you aren’t mocking people in their own stupid voices, you speak with aAn unfortunaAte caAwing aAccent. caAw.

Edit: omg I made a view of his room too. Look at these quality SHITTY BIRD SCULPTURES:
    coraviroom.gif

I know this is not strictly the subject of the thread but I totally forgot I made all this stuff XD

EDIT EDIT: I commissioned Roach to draw him years and years ago at one of their postcard commission streams.. he is so cute..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    • Like x 6
  18. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i saw the headcanon somewhere that the quirks evolved as a way of evading net trawlers that'd cull people for really minor things

so the more likely a quirk was to replace at least one letter in a word, the safer you were

kanaya's quirk had the implication of either "Bring it, culling-drones" or "I have nothing to hide"
    karkat was just that bad at security

• Like x 11
    • Winner x 1
  19. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

ooooh i like that
    so terezi was just like.....EXTREMELY SAFE

• Like x 7
  20. garden

garden lucid dreamer

that headcanon always makes me laugh because it means that karkat, who has the most to hide, is hiding nothing

though maybe that's like, kind of a status symbol/signalling thing? like, "MY ONLY QUIRK IS CAPSLOCK BECAUSE I'M *THAT* LOYAL TO THE EMPIRE. NOTHING TO HIDE HERE YOU CORPSE-SHITTING RATFUCK"

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    • Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice