Made Glorious Spring ( 18+ from page 10 onwards )

Discussion in 'Swords Across the Styx' started by Zin, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Benjamin Halverson

Benjamin Halverson The gales of November come early

Benjamin freezes, his brain having clearly shorted out. "Um. I. ... I can do that."

2. Martin Reed

Martin Reed Seer-Witch of Heart

Martin goes in for the kill. "An' if you ain't busy, you want to grab something to eat?"

He looks at Ben's cart, then his own. "....or I could make something?" He hazards.

3. Benjamin Halverson

Ben bites his lip, hesitating. "I... Th... that would be nice. If you're sure."

He's... not much of a cook. And he hasn't been to a restaurant in... god. He can get pizza delivered on a good day, but that gets fucking old.

4. Martin Reed

"Did I stutter?" Martin grins.

5. Benjamin Halverson

How is this his life? This doesn't happen to him.

"Um. I ... can put it in your phone, if you want."

6. Martin Reed

"You can write it down at your place?" His expression is friendly, open, and he's doing his damndest to make sure he isn't broadcasting any threatening vibes. "If that's alright?"

7. Benjamin Halverson

"I... It's kind of a mess, I don't know if you want to go there," he says quietly. But it's working, he's clearly starting to... well. Not relax, but he's not in danger of outright running away.

8. Martin Reed

"Well. Uh. I've got, like. Two roommates?" He cocks his head. "So. Y'know. Four's a crowd, unless that's the kind of thing you're into."

9. Benjamin Halverson

From the strangled little squeak, it's... presumably at least not what he was prepared for tonight. "... I... If you're sure."

10. Martin Reed

"I don' ask things if I ain't sure." Martin assures him.

11. Benjamin Halverson

12. Martin Reed

Martin looks at his cart, then Ben's. "....if it's cool if I stash my stuff in your fridge?"

13. Benjamin Halverson

"... I... Yeah, of course. Uh..." Guess they'll continue down the aisles, then, and then go to check out. Unless Martin starts moving for the door.

Because if he's honest, if Martin drops his cart and starts walking, Ben's just going to follow.

14. Martin Reed

Martin talks, casually, feeling Ben out a bit... and asking "so. What do you wanna eat? I'm easy."

15. Benjamin Halverson

Ben stutters a lot, obviously shy and awkward, but... friendly. And still very much wanting.

"I... Anything. I'm not much of a cook, unless you just want a frozen pizza..."

16. Martin Reed

"Listen," he opens his mouth, closes it. Looks thoughtful. "...okay, wait, First."

He turns properly, holding out his hand. "I'm Martin."

17. Benjamin Halverson

Ben hesitates a few seconds too long, before moving in to shake his hand. "... Ben. Benjamin."

He freezes when he touches Martin's skin, more surprised than panicked. "I..."

There is no way he can ask why this guy doesn't feel like a skeleton, when he touches him. But... god, it's been a long time.

18. Martin Reed

Martin's skin isn't soft, it's clear he works with his hands, but... it's pleasant to the touch, and he smiles. "Pleasure to meet you. So. What's your favorite meal?"

19. Benjamin Halverson

Honestly, Ben doesn't care at all. It's a hell of a shock to touch skin, warm and... and human.

"I... a... anything," he says, clearly panicking when presented with the choice. "I... don't get out that much."

20. Martin Reed

"When you were a kid, what did you ask for? What was the thing that made you happiest to see on the table?" He smiles. "You've got to like something, right?"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice