Many things [depression and jobs and family and just fuck it]

Discussion in 'Brainbent' started by Raire, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

• Witnessed x 2
  2. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHN

3. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

But we just did some cybering where he dommed me and mhmmm
    =u=
    Legs are pleasantly shaky and I feel like I could lie down here for hours just going "yes, that was good". No climax, but then, I've only climaxed once with the help of a toy, so I don't mind, I had fun and enjoyed it.
    Also, he had me spank myself on camera and that was new and interesting. Apparently I left a handprint on my buttcheek and I am pleased by this.
    Mhm =u=

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  4. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

So I was having trouble making myself apply to a grant because I am so sure I am underqualified/don't deserve it/insert impostor syndrome feelings and thoughts of your choice (I might legitimately be underqualified though), when a friend asked me "What Would a Mediocre White Man Do" and just, I laughed and it was so much easier to work on the application.

5. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Hmm.

I'm trying to gather my thoughts and figure out what I want to say.

So I'm currently in a poly relationship. Datemate, who I've been dating long-distance for two years though we haven't gotten to visit each other, friend of mine for several, several years. I love them. They're reasonable and thoughtful and kind and just... they're really good.
    And Boyfriend, who I haven't been dating for a year yet (our anniversary is in July), also long-distance, who's sweet and kind and understanding and is also really good.
    But things are... tense, in the polycule.

It started because Datemate isn't a big fan of Boyfriend. I think I'll go to even say that they dislike Boyfriend. Frankly I was probably making bad decisions when I decided to date Boyfriend as well, even though Datemate said it was fine.
    They've talked since than and Boyfriend has apologized to Datemate for the things he did that bothered them. It was a bit nervewracking to watch but they were both adults and talked through their impressions and thoughts maturely.

I've mentioned that Datemate and I haven't seen each other in person yet. We've tried to organize a place to see each other, but we both live with our parents and aren't comfortable with adding that dimension yet. Though I've certainly though of desperately just asking them to visit me here because my parents are kinder and more understanding than theirs (even when datemate thinks that they're abusive about food but that's a different topic altogether). Each time something promising comes up it falls through. I'm... ok with this. I mean, I'm not happy with it, I really want to see them, I love them. But I don't really see what I can do to change it right now, because neither of us have a lot of money or high paying jobs.
    Well, four months ago, I think, Boyfriend suggested I visit and I went "oh ok". And I agreed even though I knew it was a bit early to start thinking about it. We haven't actually had the trip btw. Just, talked about it.

And Datemate is uncomfortable because they feel I'm not taking such a commitment seriously enough. Also I didn't communicate well with Datemate how the relationship with boyfriend was going so when I mentioned a trip it came straight from left field when they thought I was in the middle of just normal flirting/a lighter relationship, which unbalanced the polycule because I wasn't.... communicating.

There's more but suddenly I'm tired, but just. I'm thinking of saying no to the trip now.

6. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

My allergies are flaring up and I am covered in hives and I am fucking miserable, fml, fuck this shit

• Witnessed x 1
  7. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

The hives have fused I am a canvas for hives fuck my allergy

8. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

So I’ve been in the emergency clinic for two hours now, waiting for medicine to keep reducing my hives

• Witnessed x 1
  9. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Subcutaneous injections hurt

• Witnessed x 1
  10. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I’m being sent home with meds and a diet. Gotta be careful and if it gets bad again immediately head back to hospitalization. Here is hoping this is enough

• Witnessed x 1
  11. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

The hives are lower than they were, so that's a good sign. I'm hoping to be rid of them by tomorrow, continuing this medication course.

12. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I'm having such a hard time focusing on studying more for the GRE exam now that I've taken it once. I'm just. It's like I've given up, and I know I shouldn't, and I'm trying really hard to keep going but I keep just... not. Lying down in bed. Looking at other things. Even doing other small things on my to do list rather than study. And I need to study quant well so I can get a better result than 150 but WHY IS THIS SO HARD.

And having a hard time with this is making me more upset about it, which in turn makes it harder to concentrate on doing this because my brain goes "avoid things that upset you" and keeps pointing at shiny things to try and make me feel better.

I'm trying to figure out how to like... cut through this avoidance, but I'm having a hard time figuring out. I was doing so well a month ago! Sitting down and studying firmly! It's like the arrival of my brother and then his leaving and then return visit have made me feel worse about myself in comparison to him and making me feel like it's just not worth it? I don't know. I'm so frustrated!

13. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

My datemate and I had a discussion, and they've concluded they're ace and really not interested in the sex party of the relationship. So we're doing a more non-sexual relationship. And I shouldn't be this upset about it, but I am, even though I know I'll get used to it and be fine in a bit. And anyways, I just need places to go "AAAH DON'T WANNA" about this so I can get over it.

• Witnessed x 1
  14. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I'm going to miss those moments and intimacy. I thought they were enjoying them as much as I was, but it turns out they were enjoying them despite sex, and while I'm happy they love me enough that they could enjoy it, I'm still upset that... it wasn't the same thing for them. Idk. Brains are weird.

• Witnessed x 1
  15. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

Waking up is an ordeal that takes me over three hours

• Witnessed x 3
  16. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I really hate my chronic nausea. I really do. I was eating a tasty salted caramel apple.... crumble thing. And it was nice
    But now I am fighting to not hork it back up and I just really wish this would stop happening to me

• Witnessed x 1
  17. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I miss my ex, I miss how we were, I miss how sweet they were, I miss how they were before they changed, I miss our connection, I miss our shared laughs and jokes, I miss how they made me smile, I miss feeling that I mattered to them.

• Witnessed x 1
  18. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

I thought they loved me

19. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

And now we barely talk and I'm nearly always the one initiating any conversation, and they die off fast, and I don't feel like I can share anything with them

20. Raire

Raire Turquoise Helicoid

They've turned into a weird communist tankie version of a gamer who likes to mock people. Irreverent, supposedly punching up, but mostly just hurting friends until they kick them out of a server

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice