Meds Experiences Thread!!

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Secret Squirrel, Dec 8, 2016.

1. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

I'm officially switching from trintellix to Prozac! Been off trintellix for five days and gonna start Prozac tomorrow.

Luckily I've got less stressors to contribute to depression right now but going off has definitely increased my anxiety reactions again and my executive function has gone back to 'struggle to pick up my art tablet' levels :P fun.

The only reason I'm switching is money; trintellix is still ridiculously expensive. I like what it did for me though and if nothing settles as nicely I'll likely consider switching back to it once there's generics. Here's hoping Prozac will work well though!

• Like x 2
  2. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

Here's hoping! For the first few nights I found I had really odd dreams on Prozac, jsyk.

3. Birdy

Birdy so long

I had lurid, gory nightmares the first week I was on wellbutrin lol

• Witnessed x 2
  4. Tea and Rain

Tea and Rain angry squirrel

On a new med for ADD, one of the unexpected good side effects appears to be mood stabilization.

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 2
  5. Lee

Lee i will face god and walk backwards into hell

two months late but YES. YES, i have that exact problem and it's been going on for about half a year now. ive managed to deal with the trembling to a point where i can do day to day tasks without terrible difficulty, but ive noticed that tasks that require more detail, such as drawing and writing, are a lot harder to do. it sounds a bit worse for you, though, so i'm assuming that going to the psychiatrist would be the best bet gahahaha.

• Informative x 1
  6. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

Was on bupropion (Wellbutrin) for about two years-ish, and never noticed tremors until it was combined with lamotrigine, so if there have been any changes to your medication (or any other physical variables) that might correlate with the tremors it's worth checking that out. Tremors still come back occasionally now that I'm no longer on bupropion but still on lamotrigine; however, mine have never been bad enough to actually cause spilling or dropping of things, so psychiatrists/other doctors weren't concerned. If it's affecting your work life, it is worth bringing it up sooner rather than later.

If you don't make an emergency appointment, how long will your waiting time be before you can see your psychiatrist?

7. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

Probably a month or two. I might have to go see my regular Doctor soon. I'm wondering if she might be able to help?

8. Elph

Elph capuchin hacker fucker

It's worth mentioning; might not go anywhere, but still worth mentioning.

• Useful x 1
  9. Technicality

I've found that being off Vyvanse or Prozac (dunno which one) for more than a day or two makes me feel kinda lightheaded.

10. ZeroEsper

I used to have the same problem with Paxil. Certain medications cause you to have withdrawal effects if you go off them suddenly. That's why sometimes they tell you that if you need to stop taking them (like if they're not working or the side effects are too bad) a good doctor will try and gradually lower your dose as opposed to just suddenly going 'alright well that's enough of that!'

I hope you feel better soon :( feeling lightheaded is so annoying.

11. Technicality

i just failed to take them because it was the weekend and didn't want the anxiety

12. ZeroEsper

Oh, I see! I'm sorry they make you anxious. Are they the only meds that work for you?

13. Technicality

concerta helped a little but not much, strattera did fuckall.

14. ZeroEsper

I think my sister was on strattera for a little while. I don't think it really helped her either.

ADHD meds can be so difficult because they make you all jittery, so I totally get the anxiety :(

15. Lee

Lee i will face god and walk backwards into hell

something i just remembered, might be a little nsfw-ish

ive noticed that since ive started taking my meds (15mg lexapro and 300mg wellbutrin) that my sex drive has been lower, which isnt really an impediment to my daily life but more like an 'oh man that kind of sucks' sort of thing. has anyone had experience with that, and also what do?????

16. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

i'm pretty sure all SSRIs (lexapro being one) have that side effect. for me it hasn't lowered my drive too much but has lowered my sensitivity and made orgasm more difficult to reach. unfortunately i don't know any What to do, it's just sorta a thing

• Agree x 2
    • Informative x 1
  17. Birdy

Birdy so long

heyyyyyyy does anyone know about wellbutrin side effects

i've been on it for like...8 months now but i'm getting vertigo and a ton of bizarre shit and that's the only thing i could think of that could be causing it

18. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

There are a lot of people on the forums who take or have taken Wellbutrin. I used to. The most annoying effect I had, which I didn't realize at the time, was very slight blurred vision. It's a known side effect but it was so faint as to be undetectable except in very low lighting situations, where I'd see halos around lights. It made me reluctant to drive at night, which was a problem.

Here is the prescribing information for Welbutrin tabs. It's a PDF and I don't think I can link directly to the "adverse reactions" section, but that's the useful one. If you scroll a page further there's a table.

Dizziness is listed. The placebo rate is high, with 16.2% of patients reporting it, but the non-placebo rate is really damn high, 22.3%. I can't actually remember how to do statistical significance calculations, but that's a big enough difference that I'd guess it's probably significant. If it's only a couple percentage points of difference between Wellbutrin and placebo, it's probably safe not to worry too much about it. That doesn't mean it's impossible to have a side effect not found in the study, though. Just more unusual. Also the clinical trials that gave this data apparently had a duration of only 3 to 4 weeks, which could possibly make a difference compared to 8 months.

(I feel like I should say something about the rather frightening seizure warnings in the document. My doctor said some of the initial trials were conducted with participants suffering from anorexia, so with very little body fat. Wellbutrin is stored in fatty tissue, so if you don't have much body fat, that's mostly the liver and brain. It can quickly accumulate to a much higher dose than intended. He said it's always good to be careful, but seizures are much less likely than the prescribing information makes them sound in patients who don't have an unusually low percentage of body fat.)

19. Tea and Rain

Tea and Rain angry squirrel

The new add med works, I just have to drink a lot of water during the day and night.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  20. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

Had to go off latuda again for a short period, but back on it and it continues to a) definitely treat my more severe mood swing/manic symptoms and my psychosis, and b) fuck my sleep up all to heck. I don't know how well this generalizes but latuda is a med you're supposed to taper off of because of side effects, but I've gone cold turkey each time (three? four? times now) with no noticeable symptoms.

But I've noticed that it's doing jack-shit for my depression, so. Seeing my brain doc Tuesday, gonna ask if I either need to switch what I'm on (I'd rather not; what it is treating, it's doing a really good job of) or start taking something in addition to what I'm already on. I'm frustrated because we were supposed to discuss trying a med for my anxiety, but it looks like we have to do my depression instead woot woot.

I also was on strattera again, starting in September, and decided to taper off on my own this month because it's been doing absolutely nothing for my adhd. I think I'm just going to go back to self medicating like I did in high school, because I'm tired of adhd meds either not working, or working but the side effects are so severe I can't function anyway. I'll tell my brain doc that too on Tuesday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice