Meds Experiences Thread!!

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Secret Squirrel, Dec 8, 2016.

1. chthonicfatigue

chthonicfatigue Bitten by a radioactive trickster god

Sertraline did sweet Fanny Adams for my unmedicated ADHD and had some particularly nasty hypomania side effects. Impulsivity on it was a big problem. No noticeable effects from fluoxetine.

2. LadyNighteyes

LadyNighteyes Wicked Witch of the Radiant Historia Fandom

Actually speaking of antidepressants. I cold-turkeyed off all three of those at various points because, you know, they didn't fix my executive function and I forgot to refill the prescriptions, and bupropion/wellbutrin was the only one of the three that didn't give me awful withdrawal symptoms that sent me into an even bigger depression crash. And because I'd been through this before, when I ran out of the venlafaxine/Effexor that I'm on right now over Thanksgiving, I figured it'd be okay if I waited a couple days because I wasn't sure how many people would even be in to do the paperwork over the holiday, since on previous occasions the nasty symptoms usually hit around two weeks out. Except it turns out that since venlafaxine is a different class of drug from fluoxetine and sertraline, the withdrawal effects hit way faster. I think it was about 5 days later and I couldn't sleep, was light-headed and dizzy, and got these weird sensations when I moved my head sharply that I can only describe as like... a rushing burst of static? Kinda felt like my head was one of those musical instruments with sand/beads/liquid inside it that you turn over and it all falls to the other end and makes a noise. I also got a real bastard of a light-sensitive medication-resistant headache that parked itself in my sinuses, which I think was probably a migraine brought on by sleep deprivation. I initially thought everything was migraine + sleep deprivation until I went to an appointment with my psych and he was like, "Yeah, you just described SNRI withdrawal."

• Informative x 1
  3. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

I cold turkeyed off my bupropion/wellbutrin when it ran out and I can honestly say that even though it DID increase my suicidal ideation, etc, withdrawing from it elicited no negative consequences.

4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

equasym looks to be the same as concerta, which is what I'm on!

I've been on it on and off for like a decade. current streak is a couple years. the only real problem I've had with it is that if I take it when I don't have something I Need to do, like on a weekend, it can give me anxiety. so currently I just take it on workdays. also the crash when it wears off can leave you a bit of a zombie.

the appetite suppressant effects used to be a lot stronger for me. by now I barely feel it at all.

5. theambernerd

theambernerd dead to all sense of shame

i cold turkeyed prozac and trintellix and was fine, tho it is notable that i was always on the lowest doses of those

i'm on 50mg sertraline rn and i'd like to wean off sometime in the new year and considering when i forgot to take it for three days i got crazy vertigo i can't just cold turkey it.... but i just moved so i don't have a psych yet.. bleeh

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice