Meds Experiences Thread!!

Discussion in 'Braaaaiiiinnnns...' started by Secret Squirrel, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

For anyone else who's taken Straterra: have you found that it gives you weirdly lucid bad dreams? I've had these for the past few days and it's odd

2. idiomie

idiomie I, A Shark Apologist

I'm not sure if you mean Strattera?

And I haven't had weirdly lucid bad dreams, but I also don't tend to remember what I dreamed about. It's definitely jacked up my sleep, though, and my sleep is really poor now. :/

3. Technicality

Technicality All's fair in love and shitposting

I did mean Strattera, thank you.

4. Everett

Everett local rats so small, so tiny

I've been taking it since 2008 and I cant remember if i slept better before? But my dreams definitely arent lucid

5. Birdy

Birdy so long

What's Wellbutrin like? Specifically if you're off Prozac and on it for the first time?

6. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

It made me super tired for the first week because it has a stimulating effect and I have ADD. By week two I was more awake and HOLY SHIT did you know food tastes good and there are bright colors and music is great?? I'd pretty much forgotten this.

I will say, I haven't taken prozac so I can't compare the two. YMMV.

7. Birdy

Birdy so long

I was on ADD meds for a while and had intolerable side effects, so I'm worried about the stimulation

8. ZeroEsper

ZeroEsper Well-Known Member

The only maybe side effect that I had was blurry vision, but my Psychiatrist said maybe it was unrelated because it went away. It definitely seems milder than the stimulant I was on before. Was your Doctor worried about the side effects?

9. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

Checking in about a month later and honestly i feel a little less depressed than i did. Its less "heavy pit in my stomach and despair" and more "life is shitty but what else is new" now. My anxiety is still going strong but being in actual therapy has helped me learn a lot of coping stuff for that.

Complaints are these stupid headaches and i sweat a LOT more than i did, and im already a pretty sweaty person. It feels bad.

10. Alaspooralice

Alaspooralice An actual trash fire

Been on Prozac for maybe 3 weeks and noticed I have more energy than when I was on nothing. Depression feels more manageable but Anxiety spiking. Not sure if it's a side effect of the drug or has to do with other stress.

11. Birdy

Birdy so long

When I was on prozac for the first time I got some of the same effect, getting a little more anxiety than before. I think it's cause you need to care about things to have anxiety, and prozac reduces the depressed "fuck everything" feeling

• Like x 1
  12. Alaspooralice

Alaspooralice An actual trash fire

That makes a lot of sense. Before going on it I was mostly apathy and anger. Now I have remembered other feelings exist so I care about stuff happening. Will update if any new developments.

• Like x 2
  13. Lee

Lee i will face god and walk backwards into hell

Question about Wellbutrin: does it usually make you more jittery? I've been shaking for around like 3 weeks now, kinda minor stuff except it's hard to paint/type when your hands are spazzing out :C It doesn't stop me from doing most things, just mostly annoying. Is this normal or should I ask my psychiatrist about this?

14. Verily

Verily surprised Xue Yang peddler

Yeah, Wellbutrin seems to make a lot of people jittery. If it's bothering you, totally talk to your psychiatrist about it. If nothing else it's data.

• Agree x 1
  15. hyrax

hyrax we'll ride 'till the planets collide

Wellbutrin made me HELLA jittery.

• Useful x 2
  16. Birdy

Birdy so long

I'm not jittery currently but I'm sure having some ass fucking dreams

17. budgie

budgie not actually a bird

Wellbutrin made me cry to no end the first time I was on it, probably for the same reason. After a few years I started it again in combination with cymbalta, and it's working just fine.

• Like x 1
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

So, a bit worried about this, ive been trying to google some weird side effects for a while to see if my effexor was what was the deal since i cant see my doc til the end of april and the closest similarity i can find is ecstasy? The time thing mentioned earlier, the forced happiness, the "everything feels extra nice" the blood pressure heightened, tremors, not feeling hungry anymore, uncomfortably turned on at a breeze, the derealization, etc. I feel like this all the time and its horrible in this vague empty way in that i cant feel anything. I can't care, and laying in bed blissed out forever til i die is growing more and more tempting. Why is this happening???

19. Ben

Ben Not entirely unlike a dragon

@Deresto
    Things easily explained...perhaps?:
    - blood pressure increase is a very typical antidepressant side effect.
    - At least some antidepressants cause mild tremors, which mostly fade as your body gets used to it. I had both tremors and spasms from mine (a tricyclic) but after a good long acclimation period they've calmed down to the point I can do animal microsurgery (operations on less than a pinky nail of space) without issues.
    - If your meds have any sedating effects that'll make you kind of spacy and prone to sitting around and daydreaming. If this is a known side effect and you don't already, try taking your dose a few hours before bed.

Some possibilities with the other things you mentioned:
    1. If you've only been taking it for a few months/around a year (which I think is where you are fro the posts before?) and were at least moderately depressed beforehand, it may have started to Take Effect, but not all the effects happen at the same time.
    2. Your depression/anxiety had the following symptoms, which you didn't understand the extent of while in the zone:
    - Increased hunger
    - Reduced libido, compared to whatever your Natural (tm) levels would be
    - hyperawareness
    3. I would call your doc and make it clear that you need to talk to them about this now, because you're pinging several of the "if you experience this call your doctor right away" symptoms. They should be able to talk to you over the phone if they can't see you in person.

• Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  20. Ben

Ben Not entirely unlike a dragon

This may have been ninja'd

On a totally different note, I have what I thought/think is fairly normal depression (with the added issue of Friend Drama with friends who are spectrum and maybe a me that is spectrum, and various traumatic events in my recent past) and my therapist has been pressuring me to start a mood stabilizer. Anybody have related anecdata?

I have some symptoms reminiscent of PTSD - occasional anger issues, hyperawareness, generally being kinda afraid of my friends suddenly verbally/emotionally attacking me. However, I also had serious anxiety problems before that ever happened, and with the mindfulness training, things have gotten tons better with the PTSD-like stuff too. I've also noticed an exponential increase in my anxiety since my therapist started advocating for me to change meds every session, and I don't think this is because my anxiety was already ramping up...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice