"Meet Me at the Sign of the Rabid Raccoon" - The Kintsugi Sigil Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by rigorist, Mar 19, 2016.

1. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I might make one or two after work tomorrow, if i remember. I already have some ideas.

2. witchknights

witchknights Bold Enchanter Defends The Fearful

i knew of a guy who was pretty into kaballah and paganism and magic stuff, and he had a way complicated method of making actual personal sigils. i think it included a lot of personal information of the 'your full birth chart' sort, and a talk with his rabbi.

But they were pretty cool looking, as far as i remember.

3. liminal

liminal I'm gonna make it through this year if it kills me

I tried

sigilfail.png

;_____;

• Like x 9
  4. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

aaaaahahaHAHAHAAA

I'm not even mad bro that cracked me up good XD

• Like x 3
  5. Void

Void on discord. Void#4020

so i was browsing and had the idea of redrawing @liminal 's sigil for fun

[​IMG]
    i'll probably redraw/draw more at some point

i don't have one for myself cuz i am not good at making them

• Like x 5
  6. OnnaStik

OnnaStik Relatively nice for a bloodthirsty mercenary

I could do with a personal one maybe? If anyone wants to?

7. Void

[​IMG]
    also i slightly edited the one for kaylotta to make it less swastika? i'm sorry i'm mostly having fun fiddling with symmetry

• Like x 4
  8. liminal

yes thank you ;__;

(and I am really happy with your redraw of mine! I tried to make mine look less like a scribble but apparently I can't draw a straight line to save my life right now.)

9. Void

(straight lines are terrible and honestly i've used a ruler WITH MY TABLET just to get one)

i'm glad you like at least!

10. liminal

I think making them is really fun so I will definitely try (hopefully this time without failure lol)

11. OnnaStik

In the meantime here's the only one I've ever made that I didn't hate. I don't like trying to boil down an entire sentence, but this was a short simple word for a short simple concept:

FURY.gif

• Like x 2
  12. liminal

ok so no funny commentary on this. I'm just experimenting with shapes. I likes the symmetry with the last one so I tried redrawing it. Also I turned the S into a spiral because I am biased and love spirals and triangles.

sigilface.png

it might need some more fiddling though...

• Like x 1
  13. OnnaStik

@liminal Fiddling maybe, but that is better than anything I'd expected to get, especially this quickly. The slight asymmetry seems more human, and the swirls could be graceful and fascinating or possibly put you in mind of a hyper-exaggerated FIGHT ME pose. And once you see that you can't stop and the bottom turns into stylized running legs. It's got motion in it. I actually really, really like this.

• Like x 2
  14. OnnaStik

@Void Since snipping the vowels leaves only two letters to deal with, I've found a nice, simple, but positive symbol for you...
    voidjoke.gif
    Who doesn't like an ice cream cone, seriously?

• Like x 12
  15. unknownanonymous

unknownanonymous i am inimitable, i am an original|18+

does anyone wanna try making me a sigil?

16. Void

SNORTS

perfect

• Like x 1
  17. liminal

I dunno if this is still sigil territory or if I am just making geometric patterns now, but your design looks pretty cool when multiplied

sigilface2.png

it would look cooler if I could actually draw tonight lol

• Like x 3
  18. prismaticvoid

prismaticvoid Too Too Abstract

Ugh I am getting hella inspiration but will need to address it later because it is 1AM
    (I actually already have a sigil-of-sorts that I use for personal protection and reassurance but it's not as abstract as these so idk if it really counts but I'm getting it tattooed at some point)

19. TheMockingCrows

TheMockingCrows Resident Bisexual Lich

[​IMG]
    I think I did the thing? :D Went with the nickname/name I chose for myself since it was just three letters, wound up w/ something kind of pleasing to my brain.

• Like x 2
  20. OnnaStik

@unknownanonymous There was an attempt.
    unknownanonymous.gif
    First symbol was the easy part of getting N, K, and Y in there.
    Second symbol I realized I could add M and W together and get a nice nearly-symmetrical thing.
    Third and fourth are some potential placements for that one remaining S, depending on just how symmetrical you'd like it to be. Or maybe put it somewhere else, it's late and I probably missed some possibilities.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice