"Meet Me at the Sign of the Rabid Raccoon" - The Kintsugi Sigil Thread

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by rigorist, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

I am completely willing to be a test subject for anyone wanting to try their hand :D

• Like x 1
  2. kmoss

kmoss whoops

if anyone wanted to try something with k moss
    that would be sweet

3. IvyLB

IvyLB Hardcore Vigilante Gay Chicken Facilitator

Oh man i'd love if someone did a sigil/symbol thing or something for me?
    From "Ivy Leif Briar" maybe?

4. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

@Kaylotta Here you go.
    Kaylotta Sigil.png Hope this is okay!
    [edit:] not transparent version:
    Kaylotta Sigil.png

I'm learning how to digital paint, so i'm going to make some sigils for practice. I don't promise to do them all, but i'll try some. They may or may not be of the letter variety, they could just be shapes/lines that remind me of you, if you want me to make you one, please keep that in mind.
    [edit:] maybe transparent wasn't the best idea... Added my own sigil on the bottom an example of my curvy ones and a letter one.
    Quotableraven.png

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    • Like x 2
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

so, from looking at other people's stuff it looks like all the shapes and patterny things i've been drawing for years, except i wasn't really trying to make sigils because i'd never heard of them. i could try and draw a few of the shapes for impressions i get from people but i don't know if it'd be the same because i don't practice anything that uses sigils? would it still be okay, i guess i'm asking.

• Like x 1
  6. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I think its still okay, I don't think anyone here is taking these too seriously. They came from jokes for banishing kintsugijin in the did argument thread, so that's why I'm assuming that.
    [Edit:] I also used to make these for fun all the time, writing out my name and then mashing the letters together for fun. I only realized that was a thing people did in the later years of high school.

• Like x 2
  7. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Yeah, patterny shape things was about what I was aiming for, actual useful sigils aside. This is all for fun I think.

8. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

oh, ok. i didn't really look at that thread so i wasn't sure if this was more serious or not.

9. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

Woah these are all v cool! :O

Somebody do one for me maybe?

10. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

I'm trying to do some playing around with shapes but alas, I'm not doing so well so it's very unlikely I'll get a result I like :P

If anyone wants to try one for me that'd be really cool!
    (in a potentially baffling twist, my name is actually Emelie. I feel like that's relevant because we're talking shapes of letters and stuff and when you write Emelie out in cursive, once you're past the M it's just a series of differently sized loops. I love writing my name. Also the E and the M make similar shapes and basically it is loop heaven I'm doodling it right now and it's so much fun)

11. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

@BlackholeKG you said something about a conlang earlier? I used to make those for fun, i think i lost a journal with a bunch in them at some point. It could be fun to make a Kintsugi conlang, maybe for the ancient ruins in the kintsugi in space rp. it should be an open project if anyone's interested in it.

• Like x 4
  12. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

I have my own conlang, Fen Vibrile, which I used to use for roleplay and that sort of thing. Still, I was 15 when I made it and if I were to do it again I'd do a lot of things differently; I've been intending to make another one for a while now.

If you want to start a Kintsugi conlang project I would 1000% be on board (although I am clueless about space Kintsugi because the threads are sorta impenetrable and so I wouldn't have much context for that).

Haha, maybe we could all learn it and speak it so we could further cloak our sekret discussions from prying eyes.

Las faen Hchroaenauel,
    fen s'Cceile Laenile osa aenix Yolven tendorithin,
    s'T droMatile, olt droMat-Jaim, olt droAanile, olt droFastorile,
    Irenï fontar av sroenarix Gaemï t'galm voristu oretïthin;
    gras voristu, osa thed ren daros craserithin,
    zerast fen Yorindeon desult
    oenix Lotasirï t'olm yorinda toriym Ithari.
    Las faen Hchroaenauel fen Ortrinarmt,
    rescenu han fen s'Jaim Hchroaen osa djor exainu,
    vorsindus oenix Zephran...

• Like x 2
  13. chaoticArbiter

chaoticArbiter an actual shiny eevee (destroyer of worlds)

MAKE A CONLANG FOR KINTSUGI AND TEACH ME IT please

• Like x 2
  14. BlackholeKG

BlackholeKG I saw you making fire

I could start work on one but if it was a collaborative thing that people wanted to do then we'd have to open a discussion group where we could collaboratively decide grammar structure and that sort of thing.

15. chaoticArbiter

16. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

i hope these aren't too small to see and my handwriting is readable enough.i just did what i usually do while thinking of each person:

random sigil thingers.jpg

• Like x 11
  17. chaoticArbiter

those are some pretty hella awesome looking sigils.

• Like x 1
  18. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

thanks! i forgot to do yours, so here:

chaotic arbiter sigil.jpg

• Like x 2
  19. chaoticArbiter

screeches
    I love it
    I will treasure it forever and sign everything with it

• Like x 1
  20. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

A somewhat cleaned up sigil for myself.

[​IMG]

eta cleaned up from this:

• Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice