Minecraft

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by seebs, May 9, 2015.

1. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

presumably if you go into the control options there's an entry for it you can change

2. littlepinkbeast

littlepinkbeast Imperator Fluttershy

Avocados now in your fruits-and-berries iron chest, Jesse.

• Like x 2
  3. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

I still cannot get the launcher to, like... launch. IDK what the trouble is; I've uninstalled Java 8, installed 7, uninstalled and reinstalled 7, and I'm still getting this error:

Code:
    [main/ERROR] [FML]: An error occurred trying to configure the minecraft home at /Applications/Kintsugi Launcher/./instances/Kintsugi/minecraft for Forge Mod Loader
    java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: nf/fr/ephys/cookiecore/common/CookieCoreASM : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
    Do I need to move it to my minecraft folder to work? Do I need to beat my head into a tree? I don't know how to fix this. ):

4. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

OK, i have been timing out a lot. Like, I log in, I'm on a couple minutes, it's laggy as hell, I time out.

Mom just had my brother-in-law install a new modem and wifi router because our internet was too slow. I was not convinced that the problem was the combination modem/router we had, and further suspected that her problem was that the router we have was not pretty enough. I whined about it the whole time because I am off my meds and out of sorts so Colin changed the wifi password to "nataliehateschange" and i flipped him the double birds.

Is there any way to tell whether this problem is on your end or mine? Because I am feeling cranky and bitter and would v much like the excuse to at least think "I told you so."

5. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

OK, having got back on and successfully played for a bit, and it being five in the morning for some reason or other, I feel less pissy about the universe in general and localized technological upheaval in particular. Though I still timed out, it was just before I was about to attempt sleep anyways.

I am making some progress towards hollowing this mountain, and beardad gave me skettis :)

• Like x 2
  6. blue

blue hightown funk you up

OK I'M READY TO TRY IT. this is probably gonna murder my computer, lol. but. minecraft.

• Like x 2
  7. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

I think Seebs just started updating the server or ... something? It started raining and I got distracted.

Anyway, I got in with no problems. Dug a hole in the side of a hill, couldn't figure out how to chat, etc. It was pretty fun. Also, really pretty.

8. Key

Key never make a triangle

@Vast Derp I just thought you should know your suggestion worked so well I accidentally stayed up until 5AM playing minecraft with a screen the size of the palm of my hand oops

So I guess now I have to buy an account and put it on my computer so I can play Kintsugi instead of trying to figure out how to do it without messing up my baby sister's settings/whatever. =D

• Like x 2
  9. blue

uninstalling java 8 and installing java 7. wooo

10. Vast Derp

Vast Derp Professional Griefer

GAME SO FUN

• Like x 3
  11. blue

I'm getting the same error as @itsAlana. ):

12. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

hey guys, i'm thinking about making a depot where folks can drop of and pick up excess building materials, tools, etc. how do y'all feel about this, and if you like it, where should i build it? i'm thinking it should be somewhere fairly central and convenient, but it's going to take a lot of space and be kinda ugly despite my best efforts to make it attractive and efficient.

close to the rail line would be cool, but i'm assuming the rail line will eventually get a revamp since it's very wiggly and hilly right now, so i don't want to assume.

• Like x 3
  13. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

Sounds cool to me. No preference as to location, I've only looked around a little bit anyway.

@seebs, some of my little siblings saw me playing on the Kintsugi server and thought all the mods looked really cool. Is it okay for them to download the .jar file so they can have the modpack? They don't need to be whitelisted for the server, they'd just be doing singleplayer.

14. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

15. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

16. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@jacktrash - @Avalon and I are planning to build a Grand Central Station (ish) near Seebs' place: if you want, we could easily add a "outfit yerself here"/"extra stuff for everyone" room. it's right near spawn.

• Like x 1
  17. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

sounds perfect. we can coordinate it with the ender chest system seebs and i are working on.

SUPER COOL ENDER CHEST SYSTEM CHECK THIS OUT

blue/blue/blue = food and torches. put raw ingredients in, i will take them out and put cooked food in. i'll still have fun with Daily Specials and so forth at the cafe, and it's got great atmosphere, but for a quick nosh while adventuring, be sure and have an Ender Pouch with three blue patches! <- up and running as of tonight, and there's some nice food in there already!

white/white/white = general item dropoff. idk if we'll have a golem to sort the input, or just randomly volunteer to swing by the depot and unload the box, but the general idea is that it'll be your portable recycling bin. if you don't want it, but someone else might, dump it in the three-white pouch or chest. <- this hasn't been implemented yet, we'll let you know when it is.

red/red/red = the post office. if you want to give a specific thing to a specific person, put it in there and let them know; they can open their own red/red/red pouch and take it out. obviously some honor system going on here, since it'd be easy to intercept another person's mail. if you want to be sneaky, you can use /tell [username] to whisper at them oooh get ready i'm gonna put in some diamonds, you ready? gonna do it! and then superquick you throw the diamonds in and they grab them out wHOOSH LIKE A NINJA but let's get real here, this is kintsugi. nobody's gonna steal your diamonds. <- not yet implemented.

to speed up this plan, you can give seebs or me the ingredients for ender chests and ender pouches! i think we're good for obsidian, but ender pearls and blaze rods are always in short supply. omg this is gonna be so cool!

dancey minecraft.gif

• Like x 3
  18. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

@Kaylotta you absolute darling
    one of the donk's is gone, but that's okay, with the breeding stock I've got now I'll have a awesome mix in no time :D

• Like x 1
  19. blue

Tried it on the other computer; had to download 64-bit Java but it's... loading? It's been loading for about an hour. I am hopeful.

20. Key

Key never make a triangle

I finally successfully bought minecraft! My username is Cannachan, @seebs can I get whitelisted?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice