Minecraft

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by seebs, May 9, 2015.

1. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

So I plugged
    /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin
    into both the JVM Path and JVM arguments (which LOOKED like the correct places to plug them in?) and got this error for the former:
    Code:
    To report this error, please provide:

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/java" (in directory "./instances/Kintsugi/minecraft"): error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1047)
        at com.skcraft.launcher.launch.Runner.call(Runner.java:154)
        at com.skcraft.launcher.launch.Runner.call(Runner.java:45)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.forkAndExec(Native Method)
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:185)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:130)
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1028)
        ... 6 more

(this was in a dialogue box instead of the launcher console)

and this one for the latter:
    Code:
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /Library/Internet
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: .Library.Internet
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
    (and the same error as before after I removed both, though I did actually see Minecraft TRYING to load this time!)

The former does seem to be saying that it's looking for the java in the launcher files, though. Would moving a copy of the .plugin file into the kintsugi files help...?

BRB testing.

ETA: okay no that didn't work maybe I should just try this on the PC instead. goddamn.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  2. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

I shoud get back on, I kept thinking that today but din't have the energy. Maybe tomorrow.

... that world map looks awesome, once i get my home base more how i want it i totally wanna go sploring. And then maybe work on some of the how do i technology issues, bookshelves for holding actual books would be super awesome i think. and also to put stuff on.

... also i need some flower pots. for my interior. it is sadly flowerpotless.

but i can't do those thing snow because i am sleep. maybe tmorow.

night people

3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

ohhhh i get it!

i was thinking you objected because we shouldn't have such an easy time killing mobs.

but you object because it takes the fun out of stuff like awakened ichorium gear!

right, i dig. having thought of it from that angle, i agree with you, and am willing to turn in my crossbow. very sadly. goodbye beautiful crossbow, i hardly knew ye.

4. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

big screenshot dump: my house and the cafe!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 4
  5. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

Oh man, this kind of makes me want to join.

Haven't played vanilla minecraft in a couple months tho, and it's been longer since I've messed around with any mods. Where would I download the launcher?

• Like x 1
  6. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

https://www.seebs.net/minecraft/kintsugi-launcher.jar

7. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

itsAlana: I probably got the path wrong, I was trying to guess at it from memory. You want the path that contains the "java" program for the correct version of Java, which is somewhere around there but I can never remember exactly.

8. seebs

So, an update: I did some research and have confirmed that I can change the stats on signalum/enderium/etc., so I'm going to have a server bounce in a while in order to install better/more-meaningful values for those.

Also, note that the bow I gave Jesse is not one of the ones using the cheaty materials; that was the bow I was carrying around to shoot stuff with.

• Like x 1
  9. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

hey @seebs, is there a reason that the DecoCraft stuff has no recipe?

10. seebs

I don't know. I am not sure how decocraft works.

11. Imoyram

Imoyram Well-Known Member

oh that's so pretty Jacktrash! I've seen the cafe before, but still!

• Like x 2
  12. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

does anybody know who is living around 125 -169?

13. Key

Key never make a triangle

That sounds close to where Elaienar's place is, if I remember right. I'll go ask her. What does it look like?

14. seebs

I found a lighthouse around -185 +551. Looks people-built.

• Like x 1
  15. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

• Like x 1
  16. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

I built a lighthouse and ditched it but not sure of the coordinates. If it has a white marble hut attached to the base it's mine. I left a note on a couple of signs on the wall. It's free for anybody to take over or just use as a point during travels. I got irritated trying to decorate the outside of it because of VeinMiner, lol.

Also I finally got my hut finished the other day, it's around 452, -245. I'll likely be using a fair portion of the grasslands in front of it for farming and flattening some of the woodland behind it for things like berries + potentially a separate workshop.

• Like x 1
  17. blue

blue hightown funk you up

could you clarify what you mean by the java program? i can't for the life of me find it. i have java 7 installed, but i don't know where it is....
    :mystery:

ETA: everything is terrible and various terminal commands are trying to tell me i have java 6 installed. ARGH!! more fucking around with it is in order.

ETA: ohhh my god. oh my god. i may have just forgotten to install java 7. stay tuned.

ETA: SCREECHING. that was not the problem. i do not know what the problem is. AAA

ETA: apparently i need the java 7 jdk rather than the jre? WHY. WHY.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  18. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

the place i was talking about has a small farm and a small cobblestone house with stuff in. flat roof.

• Like x 1
  19. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

if it's north of jacktrash's farm, then that's probably me. (i have no idea what my coords are cuz i keep forgetting to look when i'm on, but that sounds like my place).

• Like x 1
  20. The Frood Abides

The Frood Abides Doesn't Know Where His Rug Is

Any particular server rules I should know about? I'm taking "no PVP" and "build a respectful distance away from other people's buildings" as read.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice