Minecraft

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by seebs, May 9, 2015.

1. Mendacity

Mendacity I’m meaner than my demons

Oh MAN that'd be some fun stuff I'd love that.

2. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

aaaaaugh nooooooooo

I got a chunk error right in the middle of my glassed in desert

THERE IS A BIG SQUARE OF MISMATChED SPRUCE FOREST RIGHT INSIDE IN MY CAREFULLY LAYERED GLASS TERRACES

INTENSE NOOOOOOOOES!!! :,(

• Like x 2
  3. vegacoyote

Oh, looks like this isn't the same Minecraft thread I was posting in before, oops.

So hey, looking into stuff about fixing chunk errors. Unsure yet how to judge which of the google results will not result in scrambling my entire game.

I totally wouldn't mind regenerating that chunk as it was on spawn, I can build that much again, but right now it is just

WRONG WRONG WRONG

no there is not supposed to be a perfectly square protrusion of mountainous pine forest there, nor is there meant to be a twenty-block drop into a perfectly straight-edged pond right next to a ten-block-deep sand dune aaugh

dammit i do minecraft to calm myself down, i've been working on this world for two years now, what do :(

nrrrgh. *goes back to googling "minecraft fix corrupted chunk*

apologies for the off-topic post

4. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

hey seebs you have vacay comin up, mebbe a good time to make the kintsugi server!

• Like x 3
  5. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

Oooh :o I've never played minecraft, but I like watching other people play it and greatly enjoy making things out of blocks. A server to chill on with fronds sounds cool, I like being able to drift over and visit people when I run out of spoons for my own projects in mmo's and stuff.

• Like x 1
  6. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

update: I bought the game and it is now doing it's download business. Made myself a skin to match my forum avatar in the meantime C:

• Like x 3
  7. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

I also bought the game, though it was a few days ago for me! I've been basically just doing single player, building pokemon sprites on creative when I'm too pissed off at survival to continue, though I definitely prefer survival. I lost something like 10 diamonds and 30+ obsidian (along with a shitload of gold/iron/redstone and my diamond pickaxe etc) about a day ago due to fat fingering whatever the throw button is... I threw my sword at a witch (and my inv was quickly filled with cobblestone to replace it) who came out of nowhere and wasn't able to punch it to death in time before dying, ugh. Too many tears. Today my dog friend died because of a creeper :( Trying to find more wild wolves has been incredibly difficult. Also is finding desert biomes usually hard or what? Seems like all of the localish area is either plains/forest/taiga or extreme hills. I need some cacti for my rainbow carpet.

8. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Yeah, they fixed the world generation so now neighboring biomes are similar in temperature and amount of moisture. It's rare that a desert will directly neighbor a forest. The far side of the plains might work out, but you may have to travel a ways.

9. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

If this server became a thing I would love that and would join the thing immediately

• Like x 1
  10. vegacoyote

Oh, hey, apparently world backups are a thing you are supposed to do... also a thing that you CAN do. Who'da thunk...

Got MCedit. Found several other chunks that had been swapped with each other. One of them was a glass-desert chunk. Not the glass-desert chunk I was looking for, though. Apparently not one that'd been replaced with spruce forest, either, though.

*dissatisfied muppet noises.*

... also, if kintsugi server then yes

11. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

kintsugi server should definitely have preserved inventory on. i forget what the command for that is but yeah.

12. lvkz

lvkz Well-Known Karkat

oh my god is this happening yet???? can i have this for my birthday

13. Hobo

I'm excited, yo! I have no idea what multiplayer is like but being able to complain to others about losing my precious ores as it happens should be fun. Other people can live the excitement of watching me complain constantly. And on an unrelated note, how high do the bookshelves around your enchanting table have to be to max it out? Is it like 2 high or 3? I'm not really sure if I'm wasting my time trying to get my shelves to 3 or not. Also hitting level 30 is hard :(

14. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

unless you're playing a different version than what i'm familiar with, it's not height it's the total number of bookcases around it. you need 15 to max it out, with them positioned as such: "Bookshelves should be 2 blocks away from the table, on the same level or one higher. There must be nothing between the bookshelf and the table." (source)

15. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

@Hobo there isn't much of a difference in play between multiplayer and single player for the most part. if you like doing your own thing you can just do stuff by yourself while having people in client to talk to, or you can of course 'join forces' with somebody else and make a base, build/gather together, collaborate on building projects, and so on. some multiplayer servers have things like pvp and stuff on but i prefer when they don't, because i'm less interested in pvp and also hate having to worry about accidentally hurting the people i'm playing with.

16. Hobo

Ok yeah so I have way too many bookcases, haha. Sitting on something like 26, not even including the corner shelves which I put in for the sake of making it look good. gg what do I do with all these bookcases

[​IMG]

@Aniseed Ah thanks! I think PvP would probably stress me out too, friendly fire sucks.

17. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

no idea, but that rainbow floor looks awesome!

18. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

@jacktrash: "/gamerule keepInventory true" :)

• Like x 1
  19. albedo

albedo metasperg

Yes, please!

/gamerule keepInventory true

ETA: Ninja'd, @Kaylotta!

• Like x 1
  20. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

It's more than the minimally optimal number, but I think it's far too soon to call it "too many" bookshelves.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice