Minecraft

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by seebs, May 9, 2015.

1. AbsenteeLandlady123

AbsenteeLandlady123 Chronically screaming

I went into creative mode and made my first proper Thing.
    dread wolf.png
    :D

• Like x 10
  2. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

So awhile back I was the anon asking about how to install minecraft mods (apologies for anoning, I am a delicate tuber), and while my brain still won't let me futz with anything game changing, I did figure out texture packs and found a really cool Steampunk texture pack. Along with shader mods, I love how it looks. I took a bunch of screen shots about the world I'm making via Creative Mode, but I'm not sure if that would be spamming or what, so I'll just show off some of them:

[​IMG]
    The engine room below my house. What is it powering? We just don't know.

[​IMG]
    The path behind my house that spans the whole swamp biome. Not shown: my swamp witch hut next to a 2spoopy graveyard.

[​IMG]
    The path eventually leads to a town build around a factory I made at the request of my husband. What does the factory make? We just don't know. The green brocolli looking things are street lamps that turn on at night, powered by redstone blocks, sticky pistons and solar panels. Out in the distance where that one house is, I plan to make farms and cottages.

[​IMG]
    Inside the factory, my robot worker begs for freedom. Not today, sucker. Get back to work!

[​IMG]
    Townhouses that double as businesses. From left to right: Bloodworth & Stonewall Law Firm, Mme Roquefort's Apothecary, Smith & Sons Hardware and Repair, and Wesson's General Store.

[​IMG]
    One of the things for sale in the marketplace. Delicious robot chickens.

• Like x 6
  3. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

@Ruevian Izzat Glimmars texturepack I spot there?

• Like x 1
  4. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

@whimsicalobservant Yep! I really like it. I wish I could make a big combination of it and the John Smith Legacy pack.

• Like x 1
  5. itsAlana

itsAlana let me tell you about the vorkosigan saga

Oh man that's gorgeous! Also the shader mod makes it even more gorgeous, wow. A++ would lick screen like terezi all day every day.

• Like x 2
  6. Newlyread

Newlyread Killer Queen

Took a pic of Main Street at night to show the street lamps:

[​IMG]

And then I also made a tavern called The Leaky Bucket, though I'm not in love with that name:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like x 3
  7. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

Hey, where would we download the addons that'll be in use on the Kintsugi server, should it get up and running?

Also, how would applying an addon for a server world affect my own savegames?

8. Aniseed

Aniseed Well-Known Member

@vegacoyote It'd depend on the add on. Things like additional items would be implemented, things like special ore and biomes would only spawn in areas that haven't been generated yet (which is to say, anywhere you haven't explored). I also think with Minecrafts current launcher you can also set up profiles and theoretically have one profile that doesn't have any add ons applied? I'm not 100% sure on this.

9. Minitiate

Minitiate Delicious

That's how the launcher works with the Forge modloader, at least! You can have a vanilla profile and a modded profile and switch back and forth between them at will. You just need to be careful not to load your vanilla worlds while in your modded profile and vice versa (I haven't tried this but it would probably be bad).

10. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

atlauncher keeps each mod pack as entirely separate instances from each other, so save files for other mod packs won't get mixed up. like, my skyfactory worlds don't show up in my btp instance and viceversa.

• Like x 1
  11. pixels

pixels hiatus / only back to vent

... i play minecraft. on x360.

i play it on peaceful and have objectives like "clear all the scrub from the jungles" and "explore all the holes" and "dig down to the center of the earth for your house around 0,0,64.

i am pretty sure this makes me a loser.

• Like x 2
  12. lupadracolis

lupadracolis [This space is intentionally left blank]

I use (my sister's account on) minecraft to hollow out mountains into dwarf towns and build huge castles next to spawned villages to "defend" them, and have such a specific way I like to mine that if I break down the wrong block I'll replace it so @pixels your aims sound totally reasonable and fun to me.

• Like x 2
  13. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

often when i'm feeling kinda braindead but still wanna play, i'll just go down a cave and conscientiously dig up every ore/ore type block i find until i'm too tired/bored/out of time to continue.

...i often do this when i'm not braindead also, because clearing out caves is fun. :3

14. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

Naah, dad and I do the same.

For dad, it's because exploring and drying out lava lakes is easier if there's no pesky mobs around.
    For me it's because of a run-in with a creeper on my first world. Which I thought was a zombie that should've burned from the sunlight, but nope, it was a creeper instead, which waited right the fuck outside the dirtbubble I had spent the night in.

15. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

So I'm actually looking at this again, might get so far as making something happen, haha no, but at least I'll try.

• Like x 3
  16. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

go go go seebs! *cheers for u*

• Like x 3
  17. Wiwaxia

Wiwaxia problematic taxon

I totally just imagined rebel Karkat waving around mutant-red pom poms.

18. jacktrash

cheering crab.gif

• Like x 4
  19. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

So, don't get too excited, but it looks like I have the basics of a thing that might actually work in place. Gotta do some research on mod versions and such.

• Like x 4
  20. jacktrash

so in the harvestcraft config you can set stuff like how many 'fresh water' you get from a bucket of water, and i would like it set higher than standard on the kintsugi server, because standing there dipping water and converting it into stackable water at one to four is a pointless strain on my mouse fingers.

also while i'm thinking of config stuff, can we please set thaumcraft research to 'easy' where you just buy it with research points? i find the research minigame annoying and weirdly hard.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice