Minecraft

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by seebs, May 9, 2015.

1. Bricelar

Bricelar King of Apathy

• Like x 1
  2. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

would it be possible to get a vanilla server up at all? It would be helpful to have somewhere to play minecraft while i don't have a gaming computer to use.

• Like x 2
  3. rats

rats 21 Bright Forge Shatters The Void

^^^ i tried to set up the server on my desktop and the whole thing went "lolnope" and my whole computer bluescreened :"D my new laptop could probably handle it but im scared
    so +1 for vanilla server

4. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

If I had more money i'd rent a spot on the hosting company i used to use, but alas, i'm saving up for a gaming desktop.

5. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

I am not sure whether the machine I'm using could support More Servers.

6. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

yea, that's what i was thinking, its holding two right now right?

7. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Alright, i caved and rented space on a hosting site i've used before, vanilla 1.10.2.
    server address is: TheRavensRoost.mcserver.ws
    I need your minecraft username for the whitelist, it might take a bit to add people because i have work and such. I'll be adding a couple server plugins to make life a bit easier and more fun for us, including a tp command and such. I'm probably not gonna mess around with permissions very much, and i probably won't give out op or creative very much, mostly because i have worldedit on the server, which makes it pretty easy to accidentally crash the server.

[Edit:] Come help me build the spawn village! We'll probably use creative for this.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    • Like x 2
  8. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

okay, server's ready for visitors, come join us! Help me make the spawn village, and decide on what we need to build there!

9. Key

Key never make a triangle

I would so love to join but minecraft has been hugely laggy for me any time I try to play it. (pure vanilla single-player all settings turned down as low as possible and still)

10. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

@QuotableRaven I too would love to join (and my username is Elaienar on Minecraft as well) but I probably won't be around until sometime tomorrow, I'm about to head to bed.

11. furrylatula

furrylatula a pissed off homestuck girl

username is cronusampora i think? either that or catglove, i changed it when they allowed username changes.

12. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

it won't let me whitelist catglove, so i'm guessing the username is cronsuampora, added!

Added!

going to bed now, try not to build too close to spawn if you get on, i'm planning on making a village/city to be a central area for trading and stuff.

13. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

@QuotableRaven when you're back on again, I'm zyrz96 and would really like to be added

14. Elaienar

Elaienar "sorta spooky"

Thanks, will do! ^^

15. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Done!

16. Erica

Erica occasionally vaguely like a person

Thank you! :D

17. evilas

evilas Sure, I'll put a custom title here

eric_vilas is my username, I might not join for a bit because I have stuff I want to do but I'll try to be there soon!

18. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Done! Off to help my sister, so i won't be able to add anyone for a while.

19. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

setting up the server to have a permissions plugin, it'll be down and up for a bit while i configure it.

20. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

gave up on trying to install any plugins on the server.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice