Minecraft

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by seebs, May 9, 2015.

1. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

So, I'm suddenly getting an error every time I try to start the kintsugi modpack: Pastebin link
    It would be too long to post on Kintsugi.

2. NuclearVampire

NuclearVampire The teeniest horrorterror

I sure wish I could see it, and see if it's the same as the one I'm getting. I just joined up, tried to play a little a couple years ago, but before this server started, and I'm getting errors.

Launched Version: 1.7.10
    LWJGL: 2.9.1
    OpenGL: ATI Radeon HD 4550 GL version 3.3.11672 Compatibility Profile Context, ATI Technologies Inc.
    GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
    Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
    Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
    Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'
    Type: Client (map_client.txt)
    Resource Packs: []
    Current Language: English (US)
    Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
    Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)
    [13:10:27] [Client thread/INFO] [STDOUT]: [net.minecraft.client.Minecraft:func_71377_b:359]: #@!@# Game crashed! Crash report saved to: #@!@# C:\Users\Jam\Desktop\Kintsugi Minecraft\.\instances\Kintsugi\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2017-02-07_13.10.25-client.txt
    AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ignoring option MaxPermSize=250M; support was removed in 8.0
    Process ended with code: -1

If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, that'd be awesome, it's getting lonely playing minecraft by myself.

3. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

@NuclearVampire That looks like a launcher output? Crashlogs are in the Minecraft/Crash-reports folder. it actually tell you the exact file path to your crashlog in the thing you copy-pasted.

ETA: I keep the launcher open when playing Minecraft, so that I can tell if it froze loading up or if it's just not accepting any input because it's loading.

There's sometimes funny things in there. For example, Natura outputs "What are we doing tonight, TConstruct?" partway through the process, and Tinker's Construct replies with "The same thing we do every night, Natura: try to take over the world!"

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    • Like x 1
  4. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

@NuclearVampire when it crashes there's an upload button, it'll upload it to pastebin, and that's how you get it to other people, since they're so long they can't be posted on most forums etc.

New link is here: Pastebin

5. NuclearVampire

@Wingyl Ah, sorry, I've usually fixed previous problems based off what the launcher output displayed, so I assumed it was what was needed.

Error log

@QuotableRaven Yeah, I tried to uploaded it initially, but it told me it was too long. So did it manually.

6. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

I am not a programmer, I'm just someone who likes to leave the launcher open and read the entire 848-page Regrowth thread-but apparently something happened with Factorization? There's a list of errors caused by earlier errors, beginning with something timing out. You might need more memory, or if you've only tried starting it once then it might have been a one-off error, which just happen occasionally. Or, it might be a corrupt download, where something downloaded weird and doesn't work.

Again, I don't know what to do here.

@seebs any ideas?

7. NuclearVampire

I was gonna wait and see if there was any replies, but none so far, so just gonna add that I tried downloading factorization by itself, and popping it in, and that did not change it. If that is the source of the issue, then it's part of that....number....word....thingie..., which wouldn't make sense, cause I assume everyone has that same.....model is not the right term, but the word is escaping me right now!

So that has been tested.

8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Have you tried redownloading the modpack?

Also, when you put in just Factorization, did you delete the old one too?

9. NuclearVampire

Yes, and yes. Well, actually I backed it up, then deleted the old one. Just to make sure.

EDIT: Was able to get it running after another full delete, attempted more out of boredom than actual hope it would work, but it did, however, it just uses way too much ram for my old computer, so I guess I shall not be joining you guys after all.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  10. Carrickfergus

Carrickfergus abstractor of the quintessence

Screen Shot 2017-02-21 at 12.14.02 AM.png

I found a nice wide bit of meadow full of horses! Yay. In the (absolutely necessary) process of taming or murdering every single one and testing its stats, I kept coming across wolves in the surrounding woods. PUPPIES!!!!! So I tamed them all and started a collection.

I... I think... I'm going to have to expand my stronghold to figure out where the fuck to put them all. I already have a home pack of about 20 guarding the hill in the front...

And I did TRY to count these suckers. I think there are 29.

I have decided that the only possible way to try to get them all back to my stronghold (almost 2 map lengths away) is to just... un-sit them all and go, and see how many manage to keep up.

11. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

I discovered that it's possible to use a seared faucet and a casting channel to get lava from an Ex Nihilo crucible into a smeltery tank.

I also crashed my game trying to figure out Spice of Life and ended up having to go to the devs for help.

12. Carrickfergus

Carrickfergus abstractor of the quintessence

.....are these mods?

13. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Yup!

Smeltery is from Tinker's Construct. Ex Nihilo is a way to get everything on a skyblock world. And Spice of Life changes hunger mechanics to either reward players for a varied diet, punish them for eating the same thing all the time, or both (it's to stop players from eating nothing but cooked chicken or bread or whatever).

EDIT: My settings involve making eating speed slower the more the player has eaten one particular food, and faster the hungrier they are-so if they ate nothing but Pam's Harvestcraft toast, it'd take forever unless they were on like 0 shanks of hunger, but if they varied their diet it'd take vanilla times.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    • Like x 1
  14. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Also I found a really weird cross-mod interaction bug.

Specifically, breaking a Tinker's Construct oreberry bush in 1.7.10 with an Ex Nihilo crook gives you back two oreberry bushes. I think the crook thinks they're leaves, so it does its double-drops thing, but the oreberry bushes drop themselves, so you get infinite oreberry bushes.

15. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

#l33t h4x

16. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

I think Tinker's Construct might have decided to register oreberries using the 'leaf' structure for whatever bizarre reason (oreberry bushes are closer in their player-visible mechanics to crops than leaves), which is what the crook checks to see if it's a leaf so that it can work with any leaves, even weird mod ones that, idunno, set the player on fire, spawn chickens, and are plaid with pink butterflies on them.

I don't know of any mod leaves like that by the way but if there are the crook is fully compatible with them.

What the crook does is effectively break the leaf block twice with a forced added drop of silkworms, so you get a doubled chance of every drop, a small chance of 2 of the same drop (so there's a small chance for 2 apples or 2 saplings when breaking an oak leaf), and a chance to get a silkworm.

They also do this with Ex Nihilo's string-dropping infested leaves, with a much higher chance of dropping silkworms off an infested leaf than a normal leaf.

17. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Today I learned: Chance Cubes/Icosahedrons might drop a North Star, which for all practical purposes is identical to a Nether Star...

...oooooor it might just trash your entire fucking inventory except for any Chance Cubes/Icosahedrons still on your person

At least I had the good sense to run the North Star back to the house and put it away before I popped any more chance thingies*tableflip*

18. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Another thing they can do is do a massive amount of particle effects and the like, followed by putting a single bedrock block behind the player.

• Like x 2
  19. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

...That's just wrong.

One of them, after the previous one dumped my inventory, gave me a single empty bedrockium drum. The next one dumped my inventory again. The Cube giveth, the Cube taketh away.

20. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

I hardly ever use chancecubes. Only if it's in a modpack.

I think one exploded and took out a chunk of the floor in a Skyblock world once.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice