Minecraft

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by seebs, May 9, 2015.

1. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Oh hell no. in Skyblock they'd go down the trash hatch. NOPE YOU'RE NOT TEMPTING ME WITH RARE DROPS WHEN YOU AND I BOTH KNOW YOU'RE GONNA POP OUT A WITHER. INTO THE VOID YOU GO.

I only popped them because a) it was a Bucket List run (goal of collecting one bucket of every fluid) and I was kinda stalled because I need ferrous to make invar to make necessary machinery and b) it's a Let's Play and I thought "well this may be mildly entertaining for my loyal viewers (both of them)" and I ended up breaking my censored-swears-per-episode record.

• Like x 1
  2. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

I was on Peaceful in that skyblock world and I didn't know they could explode.

3. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

I thiiink you can tweak the config so certain possibilities don't happen? I only played with them because they were in a modpack I don't use anymore though.

4. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

TIL you can put an ender pouch in itself :psyduck:

(at least in the version of Karma I'm stuck on because huge museum-filling challenge and I've already had to start over due to world-breaking update once).

• Like x 1
  5. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

yea, you can always get it back from the associated ender chest though.

6. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

it is possible to crash the game with that, if you put bags within bags within bags within bags for a very large number of bags.

• Like x 1
  7. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Look, if the price of carrying every item on the server at once is the occasional crash, then I'll accept that consequence.

• Like x 1
  8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

just split the items up between bags-the game crashes if you have too much NBT data on one item and bags store their inventory in NBT, so if you have a lot of nested bags then they have a huge amount of NBT data and can crash the game. if that happens the only thing you can do about it is get your player data edited via an NBT editor to remove some of the bags.

9. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I was joking actually, though I did once throw every item I owned into a pool of lava in a tragic multibag accident.

• Like x 2
  10. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

Hahaha that's actually a funny accident?

I've tried to throw Tinker's Tools into lava but they don't burn! You have to throw them into the Void to be rid of them.

Speaking of the Void, in a Biodomes world I once spawned in the Void. And respawned in the Void. And respawned in the Void. It kept happening!

11. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

Yeah, I just went to the museum and opened up the gold chest the linked ender chest spits stuff into and sure enough there was my pouch safe and sound, but... just... HOW???¿

I'm pretty sure Tinker tools used to burn, because I accidentally flung my nice cutlass into lava once way back in Yogscast Complete and heard a "ssss" :(

12. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

oh :(
    on the version i use, at least, they just kinda. bounce around.

and i don't know how you can put a bag inside itself in-universe, but the doylist explanation is probably something like "coding a check to make sure that you're not putting the bag inside itself is Effort and also might cause lag in the inventory screen, if it's even possible"

13. Lerxst

Lerxst salty parabola

I'm just gonna write it off as "because Ender Physics".

14. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

you just turned it inside out is all.

• Like x 3
  15. nianeyna

nianeyna Well-Known Member

Is there a more reliable/less boring way of collecting or generating large amounts of lava than just packing yourself off to the nether every so often with an ender pump and bedrockium drum?

16. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

What mods do you have? I know some mods have lava generators, you can use chunkloaders+tesseracts to pump lava from the Nether to the Overworld while you're not in the Nether, and Blood Magic and Thaumcraft both have magical ways to make lava.

17. nianeyna

This is on the Kintsugi server, so... those mods.

The chunkloader/tesseract scenario I could do fairly easily with what I have on hand. hm. plop down chunkloader, pump, tesseract, and a portal so I can come back for it all... yep, that'll work. Thanks! Think I will also look into doing it by magical means, but that should keep the lights on in the meantime, anyway.

18. nianeyna

...s'pose that's actually still "packing yourself off to the nether with a pump and bedrockium drum" but at least this way I don't have to bring a magazine.

19. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

And then you can just go back to the Overworld and keep on doing whatever, if you set it up right-the Tesseract can provide power to the pump from your base while also porting the lava from the Nether to the bedrockium drums in your base, which can output to your generators.

• Like x 2
  20. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

An enderpump will do the chunkloading for you, so you only need a tesseract, and a couple liquid pipes. I can post a pic of my setup when I get on.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice