Minecraft

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by seebs, May 9, 2015.

1. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

Never gone that far myself, but the general theory from how I understand it is you set up a tree farm to generate arbitrary amounts of wood, convert that wood to charcoal as it comes in, then feed that charcoal into, say, a Railcraft steam boiler.

If you use a Railcraft steam oven to cook the wood you can feed the steam back into that too.

Factorization also comes with mirrors and boilers that you can layer for passive steam generation in the daytime.

2. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

So in principle I could add those to the launcher. I'd need to copy the files in, and all that, and then I'd need to start a server, which would mean freeing up resources from something else. Which I might be able to do, but also time/attention because of events.

3. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

Oh- someone mentioned earlier that the railroad was no longer being maintained. There's a reason for that!

One of the mods made producing railroad tracks into a really complicated multistep process and I never figured out how to make more. I'm not sure if anyone involved found this a feature rather than a bug, but I wasn't one of them. (This was of course a gazillion months ago and I have no idea if it has changed.)

... Not that I expect to have much say in this until such time as I complete the multistep process necessary to re-access the Kintsugi minecraft server.

(Step 1: move belongings from basement storage space to new bedroom; step 2: acquire desk-type object with enough space to facilitate data transfer from borked to non-borked laptop... wait, no, that isn't step 1. Step 1 is to locate executive function. I strongly suspect it's somewhere under the disassembled parts of my bed.)

(... step 1: look under floorbound mattress for executive function; step 2: notice sqirrel; step 3: SQUIRREL!!!!)

(I have yet to figure out the number for step X: request reinstatement of simple railroad track recipe because this gappy thing here is really bothering me and I can't fix it, but it probably requires a computer that can run minecraft without crashing.)

4. seebs

It's probably Railcraft, and I think we have people who have set those up since then.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  5. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I can set up a computer system that autocrafts rails from raw materials, if that would help.

• Useful x 1
  6. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I finished swapping out my power systems, tell me if there was any difference in lag please.

7. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

Alright, i have a modded minecraft server that runs on only 3 gigs of ram well now. I just need to figure out how to distribute the modpack, and then people can start playing.

• Like x 2
  8. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

anyone have advice on hosting the modpack somewhere? I've got it stable and functioning, just need people to be able to get to everything.

[Edit:] If you download the Twitch app, you can go to mods, and then click on minecraft, then create new profile, then import and select the attached file to get the modpack, it should all be downloaded from the app from there.
    Process is detailed more here

[Edit:] Forgot to upload the file, oops. Should be fixed now.

[Edit:] Changed the file here to the correct version, that was the wrong one.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  9. Socratease

Socratease Well-Known Member

That's awesome! Will definitely check it out tomorrow! How does one connect to the server?

10. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

the server data should be imported with that, so you should just be able to connect from the multiplayer menu!

• Like x 1
  11. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

oh! I need minecraft usernames, the server is whitelisted, so pm me your username if you wanna get in.

12. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

13. Queer Disaster

Queer Disaster existing

Hey, does anyone have any advice for how to start running a dedicated server? My friends and I haven't been able to play in months bc we keep timing out of our friend's server and she's kinda at wit's end troubleshooting the server she sets up when we're in the mood to play. (it's not a stagnate IP, etc)

14. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

are you willing to spend any money, and will it be modded?

15. Queer Disaster

Queer Disaster existing

Yeah, either way we're gonna have to pay money to deal with this bc the free way's stopped working fully, so it's either building our own server machine or buying a monthly sub for someone else to host our space , and currently, no, we haven't done anything with mods yet, but we might, from what i've read it takes at base 2gb ram for mods? which... gets pricy via hosting, so that plus having control is why we're thinking working out our own dedicated server.

16. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

I use Bisect Hosting for both of mine, the price is pretty reasonable. I use service package 3 on the premium side and I don't get any lag when playing minecraft on my modded server. They're worth it to check out. You can also setup a custom server address, like LesMinecraft or something if you wanted to put in the address field, which is much easier to remember than an ip address.

• Like x 1
  17. seebs

BTW, just so people know, i totally plan to run things again someday, but there's been Events and no spoons.

• Witnessed x 2
  18. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

its small but i made a skin and i want praise plz ;-;

i should....probably take a screen shot

• Winner x 1
  19. bornofthesea670

bornofthesea670 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like x 3
  20. NevermorePoe

NevermorePoe Nevermore

you're playing with Roots?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice