Minecraft

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by seebs, May 9, 2015.

1. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

2019-02-15_13.33.53.png
    I can't believe this is mostly finished.

Dyou think I should make the thinner part of the tower higher?
    Also needs supports for the airship docks, finished stained glass imagery (4 5x27, and 4 5x16), and a piston door
    base terraforming, and beacon beam decoration i'll do on the server as i build it

2019-02-15_18.52.13.png
    also. which stained glass colour. pure grey brick walls didn't work out, so of course i went for black or white initially, but cyan also looks interesting? augh. im supposed to be good with colours, but the hue limitation of minecraft is kicking my arse.

2019-02-08_11.45.30.png
    2019-02-09_10.09.18.png
    excuse me, sir

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 1
  2. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

the cyan stained glass makes it look like the beacon is underwater, like a nuclear reactor or something. i like it.

• Agree x 3
  3. winterykite

ah, i meant for the walls!

the underwater effect via stained glass is deliberate, i yoinked that from hermitcraft 5, one of the netherhubs had a really insane glass floor that looked like you were stepping into the void, it was amazeballs

• Like x 1
  4. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

I like the cyan glass on the walls!
    Also @jacktrash I think minecolonies is a liiiiittle more what you're looking for but not exactly. I really want a villager mod thats like. a midpoint between vanilla's boring ass villagers and the more out there mods. A combo of minecolonies, Toroquest, and village names is currently doing alright for me, but the toroquest town names are a w f u l and I don't like how it penalizes me for destroying blocks in an attempt to make their towns actually livable. Guys ur all blocked into your homes let me free you!

5. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

oh! There's also millieneire or however its spelled! but its.....kinda ugly;;; I don't like the custom textures;;; Coherent villages too but that one ups village spawn waaaayyyyy too high unless u fuck around with the config, and its mostly visual. rlly I want for a mod like millieneire but instead of trying to emulate real world cultures just use fantasy ones, like have elves and underground dwarf villages and such. rlly I think that the 1.14 village updates, which add diff textures and structures based on the biome the village is in, is as much as would be needed for cultures. Plus then you don't just have random japanese and norman villages dotting the desert.

• Like x 1
  6. jacktrash

i've been poking at minecolonies but i haven't really got anywhere with it. so far it seems like it involves way too much flattening land and gathering cobblestone.

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  7. winterykite

More fun with shaders today

shadercraft_01_6.png
    The circle / ball reference in all its technicolor glory

shadercraft_01_7.png
    Stained glass on SEUS seems to have. issues.

shadercraft_01_11.png
    And during the night you can't see shit, but I wanted to show off the rotating lights.

shadercraft_01_12.png
    And the candles. Sadly, the beam itself doesn't glow. (Quartz wall for the shader pics, because you can't see the glass walls for shit)

shadercraft_01_10.png
    No, I don't have a better picture atm. The shaders interact weird with water. @IvyLB suggested a waterfall in front of the entrance and an arch, maybe with a pond and a bridge. I'll see what I can do with the terrain on the server.

shadercraft_01_9.png
    But yeah they convinced me to give the windmill its fourth wing. At night with shaders, it looks like an evil lair.

shadercraft_01_8.png

• Winner x 2
  8. jacktrash

i love the landing strips. how'd you make the light rotate?

9. winterykite

redstone

there's two ways i'm aware of -- one is easier on the ram and requires redstone dust, repeaters, and more space than i have at my disposal in this build. and i haven't quite understood yet how it works. it allows for three rows of redstone lamps.

the other is scalable as your resources and ram permit, only allows for two lamps (and needs some finagling to hide the redstone), and is observer based. It's based on the tutorial by Dreymasmith Dreams:

if you cant youtube, here's the gist in screenshot form:

2019-02-18_12.08.58.png
    first is a circle of observers. the lights rotate in the direction of the arrows. to connect corners, you make a redstone line between the output of the last observer onto the block directly in front of the next observer.

2019-02-18_12.09.25.png
    then you place observers on top of those, facing downwards. these see the observers below them getting block updates (the redstone signal) and send it upwards

2019-02-18_12.09.47.png
    into the lamps. this is why this setup can only handle two sets of lamps -- the signal only suffices for a distance of two lamps. the repeater/redstone line setup feeds power into the middle lamp which can send it both up and down, which allows for three rows of lamps.

• Informative x 3
  10. jacktrash

cool! thanks so much! i really appreciate you doing the screenshots for me, i have trouble with video tutorials.

11. winterykite

i vaguely remembered something along those lines ::P
    youre welcome. i know the feeling.

• Like x 1
  12. winterykite

floating ship! #treasureplanetaesthetic

2019-02-18_14.55.36.png

and made my sdv house in minecraft, both spouses included (found a polygamy mod, not tested yet). its fully furbished but thats like 15 more screenshots
    thela_house_16.png
    thela_house_18.png

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
  13. jacktrash

ooh, it looks FANTASTIC.

14. winterykite

15. jacktrash

i've been trying out a modpack called Farming Valley. it's one of several attempts to replicate Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley in minecraft. it's really awkward in a lot of places, and i ended up adding some mods, removing others, and turning some disabled things back on. but on the whole it's really cute and relaxing.

2019-03-01_19.13.50.png
    for instance, animals that eat once a day and only breed if you give them a special fertility potion, as opposed to breeding when you feed them (vanilla) or eating all your crops right out of the field and populating the entire planet with their hordes of offspring (yes animalia i am looking at you).

but you can't farm all the time, and what's great about this being minecraft is that yeah i GUESS you could romance the villagers, but you also have options like, say, hunting wild pigs in the mountains in a snowstorm.

2019-03-02_00.23.44.png

...this maybe wasn't my best idea.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    • Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  16. jacktrash

2019-03-02_21.09.49.png

i was just tooling along carving out big chunks of stone with veinminer, like you do, when suddenly... :creeper:!

is this a coincidence? or is it a SIGN??

• Winner x 4
  17. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

it looks more like a bear face than creeper.

You've been acknowledged.

• Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
  18. winterykite

complexroof.png
    complex roof shapes. halp. xxD"

• Winner x 3
    • Witnessed x 1
  19. winterykite

also jesse, i just realized something --
    that modpack might be interesting for an adventure map.

why do i have so many interesting projects running concurrently ALL AT THE SAME TIME and yet i play sdv or minecraft instead of doing any of them. uu_uu"

• Agree x 1
  20. jacktrash

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice