Minecraft

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by seebs, May 9, 2015.

1. Minitiate

Minitiate Delicious

terrafirmacraft has the climate thing going on, but it is a full conversion mod which is all about the grind. that would be a wonderful mod to have in a broader modded context

2. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

It seems that disasters was a grian.net original, and he has not made it available since that went down.

i have found a 1.12 map that is seeking to emulate it? https://www.minecraftforum.net/foru...a-edition/maps/2901403-disaster-minigame-1-12

3. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

4. jacktrash

re dream mods: i had a literal dream once that there were underwater villages, with villagers that were half testificate and half squid.

now that i think about it, the mouth in the middle of the squid arms would be really terrible if it was the lower half of a villager. maybe give them fish tails instead.

• Winner x 2
  5. Deresto

Deresto Foolish Mortal

I mean, the villagers already look like a land version of Squidward so going the extra mile isn't too absurd

• Agree x 1
  6. jacktrash

maybe could just re-skin the squid model for the bottom half, stick a villager torso on top, and call it good. give them new trades, have them farm kelp and pearls. :D

• Agree x 2
  7. winterykite

oh man we did a blaze spawner raid today

by which i mean: i tried encasing the spawner in glass while two friends sniped the constantly spawning blazes to prevent them from murderizing me. and then one yote me down the side of the glass wall to my death. uu_uu"
    then we cleared the perimeter around it and i built the rest of the blaze farm. so much xp. so many blaze rods. we can now make potions and go raid an ocean monument for all the prismarine and sea lanterns i need for my lighthouse!

also there was a slight accident with birdie's internet connection and our nether portal.
    [​IMG]
    this is our bedroom, fyi.

eta: and the design of the more compact potion brewer is coming along. not quite finished yet though.

• Winner x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

hey so um. does anyone have a lot of experience with thermal foundation shit? I am trying to use itemducts to autorefill animania troughs, and I am trying to figure out how to get it to refill them all with equal priority. Is that even possbile? What do vacumn and dense itemducts do? Why can't anybody make mods for dumb people?

9. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

I did it! I even made it invisible! I am the smartest possum I know!

• Winner x 5
  10. jacktrash

cheers! i love the tf machines, but i use ender io conduits for all my movingstuff needs. they are hands down the best, everything else is frustrating by comparison. and don't even talk to me about buildcraft pipes. guuuh.

• Like x 1
  11. jacktrash

i've been playing a lot of pixelmon. it's holding my interest better than actual pokemon, tbh, because when i don't feel like leveling my pokemon i can do things like rebuild the little beach town i settled in so it has white clapboard cottages instead of vanilla oak houses. and a boardwalk, with a life guard tower! anyhow, i like it a lot now that i've added my fave mods to the pack.

but it's not very well integrated with minecraft. it was clearly made with the intent to be as much like pokemon as possible. and of course the original pixelmon got a takedown notice, and pixelmon reforged and generations are going to get hit eventually, so the upkeep is unreliable.

it's got me thinking about a hypothetical mod that would be unashamedly pokemon-like, but designed for and around minecraft. it could even let you collect and train blazes and creepers and ghasts, maybe. as well as a bunch of new monsters that, instead of round and cute, are square and weird. and also cute, but you know, in a minecraft way. crafting recipes would be based on vanilla materials. you'd make your monster heal medicine out of like, a potion of healing, a spruce sapling (spruce needles are full of vitamin c, you know), and some glowstone dust, maybe. instead of throwing pokeballs, you'd capture them in enchanted jars, kind of like the soul jars from... i forget which mod has the soul jars. or the golden lasso from extra utilities 2.

anyway, i am not the person to code any of this. i can't code my way out of a soggy lunch bag. but i can design the hell out of it.

• Like x 4
  12. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

And instead of being totally battle oriented, some of them are little farming buddies and some of them can help you tunnel and some of them are fireproof....
    ...tbh like inventory pets except they're all ostensively animals or constructs and you can summon them all
    :3

• Agree x 2
  13. jacktrash

yes! excellent!

14. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

My absolute galaxy brain idea: make the walls out of thermal foundation ducts so that I can put covers on either side so rooms can have different walls without making them all double wide

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
  15. jacktrash

that's another thing i like about ender io: conduit facades you can make look like any other block, so you can have the walls/floor/ceiling made of conduits but make it look like bricks or whatever.

16. winterykite

Got invited to another minecraft server this week.

It's somewhat pirate themed, so my avatar is now pirate fairy Ilma!
    yarr4.png

The plan for the starter island is to make it a sorta mismatched shanty town? So my house now looks like this:
    yarr3.png
    yarr2.png

And there's been progress on the automatic potion brewer:
    yarr1.png
    I mashed together K1's potion brewer design tutorial (which... I either made a mistake somewhere or it doesn't work like that in 1.13. Took me a while to understand how certain elements worked and I went and cannibalized those for this design), a button selector I got from MumboJumbo's channel, and Xisumavoid's item frame rotation selector, tried adding a display wrt: how many supplies you have, and did my best to wire it all up.
    It's not quite finished yet, the item sorter in the back isn't there because I had to rip it up one too many times because the position of the droppers kept changing, I still need to wire up the top item displays, figure out how to make the splash selection trigger a lingering selection first, figure out timings and delays so everything goes in in the right order, and then hook it all up to the actual brewing stand. And add the ingredient restock input. Which is gonna be hellish because I need two inputs, because turtle helmets? not stackable. meaning they don't work with that filter, so they need a separate input.

• Winner x 4
  17. jacktrash

i love your pirate skin. at some point i'll have to figure out how to edit my skin. not that i don't love the bel kadros one i'm wearing, but i'm thinking vague precursory thoughts about a pirate themed pixelmon server, and bel doesn't quite fit.

18. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

[Quietly chants "pirate fairy ilma" in the background]

• Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  19. jacktrash

i at first read it as 'pirate fairy llama' and i just accepted that

• Agree x 2
    • Winner x 1
  20. Lazarae

Lazarae The tide pod of art

Not with that attitude he doesn't :P

• Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice