Minecraft

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by seebs, May 9, 2015.

1. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

he's insufficiently plunder-motivated. he needs to work on that.

• Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

there's a couple of ways, unless you just mean switching the skin, which is done in the launcher, in the skin tab.

it it's editing what it looks like, there's two main ways I've found:
    1) Grab a template from the internets and paint over it in a graphic program of your choice (there's many old skin templates without the outer layer, so if you go that route pay attention to that). Advantages: All the control your graphic program gives you. Disadvantages: Not displayed as actual character model
    2) Go to a site like Minecraftskins or Nova Skin, upload/grab your skin, and edit it there. Advantages: Directly shown on model. Disadvantages: No layering or advanced opacity shenanigans you can pull in dedicated art programs. Also, Nova Skin bugged out with my skin a little bit, see the two blue lines on the avatar hands.

Pfft, I'm sure Elusca can help.

• Like x 1
  3. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

not sure if its the same issue that causes that in minecraftskins but i found that turning off all other parts of the body besides the one im working on tends to prevent me from clicking on something the site reads as Other Than Where I Think Im Clicking

4. jacktrash

i thought those blue lines were intentional, so she has blue nail polish.

• Useful x 1
  5. winterykite

not even that. i had everything visible when i downloaded the skin and it was all as it was supposed to be, but in use there's the blue lines there, and part of her belt is missing.

6. VJ Wocky

VJ Wocky 36 Somnolent Void Seeks Perfection in Dissonance

ah, so not the same issue then
    i stand corrected

7. jacktrash

i'm toying with the idea of putting together a custom modpack server for pirates and pixelmon. because i like those things. i'm testing out davinci's vessels and so far it's pretty cool -- you just stick an engine and a helm on any structure in the water, and if the mod thinks it'll float, boom, it's a boat! i'm thinking i'll build a spawn town with a bit of one piece flavor in it, park some pirate ships in the bay, that kind of thing. i've also got a few of my standard faves, like forestry and botania, so there's things to do besides pokemon, and some other-dimensions stuff like caverns 2 and betweenlands, for further pirating fun. conquer and colonize other dimensions! can't think of anything more piratey! though i hope i can figure out how to get pokemans to spawn in those dimensions too.

can anyone suggest other mods that would improve piracy and/or pokemans?

edit: i'm doing an archipelago world, so there's a LOT of ocean, and i'd love underwater stuff. idk how much water stuff there is for 1.12 tho, and none of these mods work with 1.13.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

oh wow that sounds cool, when it's done i'd want to play

...hmmm
    iron chests?
    biomes o' plenty?

some performance enhancing mods like betterfps? (even with a high-powered computer, those are great, cause less work for the computer means less fan noises)
    pam's harvestcraft is in 1.12, as is enderstorage

cooking for blockheads vastly improves pam's harvestcraft
    morpheus is good for multiplayer and does literally nothing in singleplayer

quark seems pretty great, it has stuff ranging from some extra building blocks to buried treasure to rival pirates to letting dispensers plant seeds, and its super modular

• Agree x 1
  9. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

10. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Reccurant Complex adds a lot of buildings to explore, some with loot! Ruins and Additional Structures add buildings as well with less loot. Dungeon Tactics adds more weapons and structures, including ships, containing loot, but also adds some other stuff that can be more annoying (ore chunks can be nice but also dont count as ore blocks for the purposes of most mods that might need that, the flowers can get extremely annoying.

11. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

12. winterykite

seconding bop if its a 1.12 server, as bop has a fair amount of underwater stuff

13. jacktrash

yeah, i already have bop and iron chests and a couple other things mentioned, but there's also some things i didn't think of, keep em coming! dungeontactics is too annoypants alas. lootbags seems overpowered. i don't want to have to hand tweak the loot lists, that sounds like a lot of work. but then again, in pixelmon, no non-pokemon mobs spawn naturally, so you'd only get lootbags from like... quark pirates. hmmmmm.

14. jacktrash

hnnngggg i want to play that pack. i have not yet figured out how to use a pack that doesn't come attached to a launcher tho. just moving it into the launcher folder doesn't seem to work.

15. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

aromabackup is a good idea
    Streams seems cool

attributefix seems important
    nomorerecipeconflict
    Additional Structures
    Waddles adds cute penguins
    mo' villages
    oooh, spice of life carrot edition sounds interesting (gives you permanent rewards for being adventerous with food choices, no punishments for eating the same thing lots)
    familar fauna
    bullseye
    !! dragon mounts 2 sounds interesting
    incidentally davincis vessels also adds airships so thats a thing
    Comforts
    secretroomsmod
    antique atlas maybe?
    no night vision flashing
    spartan shields
    Colytra
    Shipwrecks! (the ! is part of the mod name)

16. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

i am literally going through curseforge's entire list of 1.12 mods and picking out ones that seem interesting and at least vaguely fitting that dont have like, conflicts or whatever

17. LumiLapin

LumiLapin Bad Bad Bun

Climatic biomes placement is great, it generates these gorgeous huge rivers and comes with built in bop compatibility. Dynamic trees also makes u feel like a real lumberjack its great, but occasionally a bit hard on the server?

18. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

pams cookables
    pams simple recipes
    fence overhaul
    grappling hook mod
    rope bridge
    login shield

19. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

ocean floor-clay, sand, and dirt
    born in a barn (fixes a bad forge fix of a vanilla minecraft bug)
    just a raft mod
    botania tweaks, note that everything defaults to switched off, you gotta turn it on in the config
    phosphor

maybe possibly pokecube instead of pixelmon? idunno look at both see which one you prefer
    Calm Down Zombie Guy
    earthworks
    perhaps Hooked instead of the other grappling hook mod
    corail pillar
    better animal models
    skewers
    moar boats

20. BaseDeltaZero

BaseDeltaZero Shitposting all night.

Y'know, despite playing this game for quite a while, I just finally got around to killing the Ender Dragon for the first time. In Regrowth rather than vanilla, but still.
    Died the first attempt (to Endermen), so I cam back with one of the Botania potion amulets imbued with Emptiness so they wouldn't interefere. After that, I had a pretty decent longbow (slime, with two levels of redstone for faster draw), and it was a matter of clearing out the crystals and whittling it down. Killed it on my literal last arrow. (I *did* have a sword, but that's a lot riskier.)

• Winner x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice