Minecraft

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by seebs, May 9, 2015.

1. vegacoyote

vegacoyote dog metaphores and pedanticism

ah, man.

java.net.ConnectException: Connection Refused: no further information.

I was excited to try and get on again, too.

meh. i'll try back later.

2. winterykite

winterykite Non-newtonian genderfluid

that sounds like the server is down, vega. had the same error earlier whem the server was down, and i think a couple a times when i was trying to figure out how to run mine, connect to it, and enable other people to connect to it.

• Like x 2
  3. Astrodynamicist

Astrodynamicist Adequate Potato Goblin

i think that's just bc seebs has the server down temporarily until official start time. i assume something will be posted here when it's go time?

• Like x 4
  4. jacktrash

jacktrash spherical sockbox

yeah seebs doesn't feel good and is napping. probably not much longer tho.

5. seebs

seebs Benevolent Dictator

Okay, so, about ready to go, just getting sorted and finding my delicious dinner.

6. seebs

Server should in theory be up. Hah.

• Like x 1
  7. Hobo

Hobo HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA

[​IMG] Does it still have the same details? o3o

Edit: nvm refreshing fixed it, huzzah.

8. Re Allyssa

Re Allyssa Sylph of Heart

Is there a more different Minecraft thread for just general things, or is it okay to post here?
    I'm kind of playing around in my own vanilla world at first while I get used to things before I try to join the big server with lots of mods.
    but omg the sounds and growling and shit are confusing me and freaking me out. xD

• Like x 1
  9. seebs' mom

seebs' mom Yes, really!

@seebs check messages and tex!!!

10. seebs

(For those curious, there was a fire in the apartment next to my mom's, she's okay but there are Adventures.)

11. vegacoyote

I've posted a few general Minecraft things here... there was another one at some point I think but I don't know where it went. (I posted a roosterteeth video with a dinosaur mod and also swore a lot about chunk errors that happened in my vanilla world. It seemed a little out of place but no one complained? Anyway, i wouldn't if you did, so yeh.)

12. Astrodynamicist

the other thread is Minecraft! with the exclamation point. it's prolly buried pretty deep cuz it's been a while but it should be in fantown somewhere

13. vegacoyote

dammit! crashed my game.

I had to wait a long time to know it had actually crashed because it crashed in a very crashy not-responding way

i'd just started getting my hole in the ground nice n pretty too

(it had three torches!)

ok but i think it might be significant how it crashed? I was in options trying to find a way to disable that one HUD that pops up and identifies blocks, which looked like it would be a very useful thing indeed if I didn't already know that dirt was dirt. Like, if there was a way not to have it pop up unless I asked what the thing was. Anyway I was clicking around in Options and went into "Mods" and then it froze, the end.

Trying to re-initialize now. In between multitasking. I hope nothing blew up my hole yet.

14. Kaylotta

Kaylotta Writer Trash

gonna log back in and poke around, make a base! :D

• Like x 1
  15. Astrodynamicist

@vegacoyote that hud thing is called waila ("what am i looking at") btw. it has its own options thing, iirc the default key to bring it up is numpad 0. (my comp doesn't have a numpad so i had to go into controls and change that bluh.) there should be an option to turn it off somewhere in there, idk about an option to selectively invoke it when looking at something tho.

16. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

Do I appear to be logged in? I started seeing something and then my entire computer froze.

17. jacktrash

i was poking at keymappings for that mod too when i crashed, i think it might be fucked.

18. Astrodynamicist

huh. i was able to change the keymapping and move/resize the box no problems. :/

19. jacktrash

it could've just been coincidence. new builds are always buggy and this server is a frankenstein's monster of a mod-strosity. :D

i'm staying off it until the bulk of the bugs are handled because it turns out crashes and reboots and such take up a lot of my spoons. so i'm kinda watching this thread eagerly to see when that happens.

• Like x 3
  20. Astrodynamicist

oh, on the topic of bugs i kept experiencing one where a used up item would magically reappear in my inventory and then usually the reappeared thing would glitch if i tried to move it. this sometimes resolved itself after a bit, sometimes i had to throw the item out of my inventory. it happened with used up pickaxes and some food i'd eaten. it did not always happen and it did not always happen immediately, although i suppose i may just not have noticed for a bit.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice