Minetube Craftyou

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by KingStarscream, Aug 31, 2023.

1. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

How many of us are into MCYT these days, I wonder?

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. peripheral

peripheral Stacy's Dad Is Also Pretty Rad

Apparently half the forum, lmao.

Also if people want to link the fic please do, I need reading in my sick bed

• Like x 1
  3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

iirc I thought about making a mcyt thread in late 2020, but I assumed no one else would be interested. seems I was wrong lol

• Like x 1
  4. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

https://archiveofourown.org/works/49601695 here it be! it's a fun little fic

5. peripheral

• Like x 1
  6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

in case you haven't read it I would also recommend jevin's egg disaster by Bee_4, which I would say is ideal sickbed reading

• Like x 2
  7. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

• Like x 1
  8. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

some more:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/40574622
    Rise to the Tops of the Trees, a kind of meta AU where the characters are Twitch streamers playing videogames and Grian is a shut-in who accidentally gets friends via streaming. Very good

and https://archiveofourown.org/works/42838071

a body is an object, by the same very good author, this one does things with Watcher Grian tropes and identity and also there are mimics, sort of.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
    • Like x 1
  9. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

10. peripheral

11. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

man, maybe we *should* have a mcyt thread.

12. swirlingflight

swirlingflight inane analysis and story spinning is my passion

It took me until today to realize that mcyt probably means Minecraft Youtuber

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
  13. Wingyl

Wingyl Allegedly Magic

yeah it means Minecraft Youtube

Minecraft Youtube ranges from like, informative videos and stuff, to in-depth partially-scripted partially-improv theater or video serials with very little building and digging and stuff and lots of acting. also sometimes it's vanilla and sometimes it's modded and sometimes there's datapacks

• Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
  14. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

15. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

so, any hermitcraft fans in chat? life series fans? ex-dsmp fans who want to partake in the traditional pastime of pondering Where It All Went Wrong?

• Agree x 1
  16. KingStarscream

KingStarscream watch_dogs walking advertisement

Do we get to stay even if we aren't in the ex period of being a DSMP fan? (My personal tinfoil hat theory is that, well, Techno was the glue keeping the server together post Disc Finale and without him it became... unglued.)

• Like x 1
  17. peripheral

I'm a life series fan and enjoy DSMP stuff even if I've personally stopped all of my DSMP related projects.
    (And yeah, agreed :/. Though also I've stopped being a fan of Dream himself over time, for a... variety of reasons lmao)

• Agree x 2
  18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

personally I think the beginning of the end was also the beginning of Lovejoy's musical career. not to say that they COULDN'T have made it work without Wilbur, but no one stepped in to take on the role of central organizer and the group wasn't cohesive enough to work without one like Hermitcraft is. Lack of communication kills :/ The NLM/Exile period is still maybe my favorite dsmp era, though, even as it was a trainwreck as far as organization and cohesiveness goes. It had some of my favorite character arcs and moments, especially on the NLM side. Quackity in particular was absolutely killing it at that time.

(the less said about ccDream himself the better :excalibur:)

• Agree x 3
  19. peripheral

I would shill the SMP I'm a part of but I'm so dead that I've got no way to right now so instead just watch this Haven SMP playlist

• Like x 1
  20. peripheral

(Haven SMP: you ever wanted to live with the consequences of someone else's war crimes? no? TOO BAD)

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice