Mob Psycho 100

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by vuatson, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

• Winner x 3
  2. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

Disappointed about the recent ep

3. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

I haven't watched the last couple yet, what was wrong with it?

4. Charlie

Spoilers ahoy. Largely I have issues with a lot of the material that was cut out being important or impactful.

They removed a lot of this arc and fit the Mogami arc into two eps.
    There's a lot of small details I'm disappointed about but the main thing that really gets me is removing the death of the cat in Mogamiworld. Some people act like there's just shock value there, but imo that's a very important note on Mob's character. It's when others get hurt, when an innocent get hurts, that he can't take this scenario anymore... I feel removing that scene removes indicators about what kind of person Mob is. The cat works largely on a metaphorical level to represent Mob and without the cat 'dying' in this imaginary scenario, Mob can't bring it back to life later - which means we miss a double whammy of impact.

Just super rushed job on Mogami arc in general too.

Also since they remove the nastier things Minori does (boxcutter, cat, other stuff) we get the sense she's more of a typical school bully or possibly not even as bad as Mogami advocates. With Minori, I think the narrative tells us... Mob is forgiving this person, and YES, they've done horrible things, but they can do better. We really understand the depth of what Mob is forgiving, and the kind of person Minori really is. The narrative is telling us: yes, this person hurts people. They still deserve to be saved from this fate anyway though. I just get the sense with anime Minori it's like 'maybe she really is a normal kid being manipulated and not the kinda awful kid she is that deserves to be saved anyway'

Idk, Dimple scenes got removed, some Minori scenes, some Mob scenes, some Mogami scenes, but the cat scene gets me most of all etc. Just disappointed.

The animation is nice and if I hadn't read the manga I'd probably be happy with it, but as a manga reader I'm thinking 'this arc could have been much much more impactful in the anime than it is'

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Informative x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  5. Charlie

Reflecting on it, the cat and its symbolism is also even touched upon again at the very end of the manga and now it REALLY doesn't have the same impact in the anime.

6. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

well damn, I was looking forward to (being hurt by) the cat scene and the rest of it. That sucks.

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  7. Charlie

I will say I'm less bitter now and it's still a good watch. Like, tonally? The arc really gets a nice atmosphere going and does some interesting displays of scenes that are really nice.

But yeah it's very rushed.

• Informative x 2
  8. Nobody's Home

edits by Reigenscans
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Like x 2
  9. Nobody's Home

Reigen Manga is its own kind of interesting, and it's a laugh and a half, so I reccomend it!

• Like x 1
  10. Nobody's Home

Reigen and Dimple shenanigans comic!!!
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 2
  11. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

the Reigen manga is fucking hilarious holy shit

I'm really glad Tome is the viewpoint character, she's my favorite <3

• Agree x 2
  12. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

also @GlassesBlu I love that comic, your art style is gorgeous and it goes together with the mp100 aesthetic perfectly!!!

• Like x 2
  13. Nobody's Home

Reigen Manga is just secretly a ploy for a Tome spinoff, txt it
    I love that in chapter 5 we hear a lot more from Serizawa, he seems to have grown a lot behind the scenes, I wanna hear more from him!

Dimole also just having nothing to do since his old goal of becoming a god kinda didnt end how he'd hope. I wonder if he'll get some new motivations over the course of Reigen manga since he's not focused on power these days

And also while Reigen finally admitted to Mob of his fakeness, and Dimple and Serizawa know (well I assume Serizawa can tell) that Reigen is fake) he's unwilling to tell Tome. I mean it's also his business, which is based on a lie, and I think he's just used to the whole gig, but he doesn't even want Tome around (he doesn't want to pay her + doesn't think it's safe since she's neither an adult nor a psychic)

I'm just wondering how that'll play out in the future since Tome easily accepted salt throwing technique as spirit stuff Reigen does, but I don't think she knows that that's wholly an act on Reigen's part

And thanks @vuatson ! I'm pretty proud of it heheh

14. Nobody's Home

[​IMG]

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  15. Nobody's Home

• Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
  16. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

BANGER

• Like x 2
  17. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I always liked Serizawa, but now I love Serizawa

• Agree x 2
  18. vuatson

vuatson [delurks]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I Love One Idiot

• Agree x 1
  19. Nobody's Home

• Winner x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  20. Nobody's Home

Silly jokes abt studio bones making Reigen sexy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tumblr_pms189hft81v1hotuo2_r1_1280.jpg

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice