Mob Psycho 100

Discussion in 'Fan Town' started by vuatson, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Charlie

Charlie I got no strings to hold me down

I love seri and im glad he's finally here

• Agree x 1
  2. Nobody's Home

Nobody's Home I'm a Greg Coded Tom Girl

I read some Serizawa meta and like

Oh man I wonder if there's any good self introspect fanfic of Serizawa having complex feelings toward Toichiro like!

I'm p sure Serizawa feels that Without Toichiro he would still be stuck in his room in the dark a shut in from society and afraid of his powers but after mob befriends Serizawa and he works for Reigen he also probably unpacked that Toichiro is a man who didn't care for anybody, used people like objects, and only brought Serizawa out of his room to use his power, and continuously manipulated him and told Serizawa that he has to rely on Toichiro in order to survive out in the world like!

Serizawa spent a long time ignoring what he thought wrong about Toichiros actions because he was desperate to cling to something and that doesn't go away even when you confront that things are wrong and what you're doing is wrong and what is been done to you is wrong

Idk I love Serizawa heheh
    Maybe I'll write that sorta introspection fanfic someday

• Like x 2
  3. Nobody's Home

• Like x 1
  4. Charlie

@GlassesBlu
    If you're ever curious about fic re: Serizawa, I've read some interesting ones that I really like. Serizawa and examinations of his codependency and complex feelings are, for the record, my favourite thing actually because Serizawa is just My Type of character and I love him and I LOVE this topic in general actually, relationships you have complex feelings about after but that were bad. If you ever want fic, I can link some but if you are feeling like writing some YOU ALSO REALLY SHOULD. We don't get enough! And every single time I've read a take on the subject I've been so glad to see another, because everyone's takes are so slightly different and it's such a layered issue that the individual nuance people bring to it is... great

(Warning that, the three fic I can think of that examine this issue do tackle it from a 'past romantic Serizawa/Touchirou' angle if that's not your thing, tho there's another one where Seri's feelings are less complicated, he's a bit more... definite? on where he stands, that's also actually really good and has a more platonic angle, or one that can be read as such iirc anyway.)

Also, I'm excited for next episode.
    IT'S THE BIG SERI EP.

• Winner x 1
  5. Nobody's Home

@Charlie
    Yes please link I'd love to read them! And im fine with past Serizawa/Touchirou, and With Serizawa's idolization, it's a pretty heavy power dynamic and I wanna see what people have written for that!

And yess I love this topic too and I've got this idea in my MP100 big fanwork idea queue, so hopefully you'll see something from me re: Serizawa inspection in the future!

And yess I thought it as soon as last ep ended and the after credits scene showed Mob and Serizawa at the stairs, I'm really excited!

• Like x 1
  6. Charlie

Ok, here's the Seri examination fic then. I'm actually really glad I have a handful of fic for this that's quite nice. Tbqh, I'm excited to share because it's A Bit of a Niche but one I love.

p much all feature some notes of seritou, with serizawa focus post-wd arc:
    Apparitions Gone Awry - I really like this one. Heavy themes, but also cathartic.
    loved you just a little too much - One shot about letting go from Seri's perspective.
    Off the Clock - Hurt/comfort re: Seri's past, with hints of serirei.
    a long life becoming blind - Long ruminating fic from Seri's perspective. More overt serirei. Some intense self hatred, and ongoing codependency issues.

Lockdown - this fic is a bit different, in that it's from Touchirou's perspective and more a character examination of him post-wd. but it has some really nice serizawa followup. technically part of a series, but also works very well standalone. flecksofpoppy is a good seri writer in general, too.

Also post here if/when you write that fic if you can! I'd just love to read it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    • Winner x 1
  7. Nobody's Home

Snrk

• Winner x 3
  8. Knives

Knives Active Member

...Was Sho implying something kind of dark in one of the last couple of episodes?

When Ritsu says (paraphrasing) "If you did something to really piss my brother off, you're in a lot of trouble."

Sho replied (paraphrasing) "Oh, so you've had a rough life too?" or something like that

y i k e s

• Agree x 2
  9. Nobody's Home

I personally think Sho is referring to his dad yeah

• Agree x 1
  10. Charlie

Yeah I definitely think he is. Shou definitely projects his situation with his dad onto Ritsu's situation with his brother. He compares the two a fair amount, even moreso in manga iirc.

• Agree x 2
  11. Nobody's Home

also @Charlie I read all the fics you linked and enjoyed all of them :) Thank you for your recommendations!
    I've been checking out flecksofpoppy (good stuff, good Serizawa), and I have read Long Life of Becoming Blind before because I was looking for Serirei fics

I think Apparitions gone awry is my favorite one, with Long life of becoming blind being my second

• Like x 1
  12. Charlie

@GlassesBlu Oh! I'm really glad you enjoyed them and happy to hear your thoughts! No problem, I'm really happy to share the Seri fic out there, especially in this sort of niche.

I'm glad you like Apparitions Gone Awry, I think it's such a satisfying story after looking around for things similar to it.

• Like x 1
  13. Nobody's Home

I cannot words rn but joy of Joy's, I am so happy, the air has left my lungs I think from euphoria

• Like x 1
  14. Charlie

i am of course overjoyed for seri shit
    but
    but
    bones really said fuck you to ritsushou fans huh
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Agree x 1
  15. Nobody's Home

upload_2019-3-26_0-48-5.png

• Agree x 1
  16. Charlie

I KNOW!! :( Honestly, I feel like when it comes to cuts, Dimple is the first one they cut every time... Feel bad, because I feel it's happened so many times with him that moreso than any main cast member its reduced his complexity a bit.

(also, I feel like cutting Touchirou calling Serizawa 'Katsuya' in that first meeting cuts out some of the over familarity and manipulative edge. That said, Seri's scenes were pretty well handled compared to how everything else got cut, so while I have my minor gripes, I'm like, well, they were kept mostly intact and I'm glad for it and I love Serizawa.)

• Agree x 1
  17. Nobody's Home

yeah man dimple is rly getting the short end of the stick
    like his development is rly slow and in bits but all of that compounds for brocolli arc (i love brocolli arc) and idk for more casual fans they might think the dimple arc might come out of left field ? idk, but Dimple deserves his character moments gdi
    also yesss serizawa! interesting choice for there to be a lotta shots of the destruction of the city while they talked, I thought that worked p nicely.
    wish we saw more of Serizawa's expresions though.
    I loved the scene where they showed Serizawa n Mob just talking on the stairs, that one was rly good

[​IMG]
    this.... good...
    time to heal, babey

Also Touichirou was fun in this ep, he's rly stone faced smug bastard energy and it was just fun to see
    the whole Serizawa's room scene, oh boy, Touichirou was rly a dark looming presence there, loved that

its not rly talked abt but I rly wonder how the Super 5 related to each other, since minegishi said he owed Serizawa one? idk, but Its interesting to think about

also Mob heheheh
    upload_2019-3-26_3-0-39.png

its just really fun when Mob goes into sicko mode, Mob is rly Raw for this fight and im so excited to see it next week!

• Agree x 1
  18. Charlie

@GlassesBlu
    yeah... I'm worried about that with broccoli arc too tbqh. season 1 they cut him and the spirit jar, which was a Moment that makes you really wonder about dimple. s2 they made a bunch of cuts, and also weirdly reframed one of his moments where he bonds with reigen to make it seem to be about mob instead. they've just... made really odd choices with him? idk, im like at least they HAVE to focus on him for broccoli arc but his development really is subtle so its. idk. feels bad. i think dimple is actually a pretty fresh take on his archetype. we'll see where they go s3.

yeah the shot on the stairs was GREAT, it's one of the shots in the episode where i thought 'wow this is better than i originally imagined'.

also with minegishi, in the manga he has more to say about that...
    [​IMG]
    I always assumed, he meant he 'owed him this much' because they were allies and because he didn't say anything or interfere with Seri's situation even though he knew Serizawa was a 'nice guy'.

• Like x 1
  19. Knives

Knives Active Member

fucking cliffhanger god damnit aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAA

• Agree x 1
    • Witnessed x 1
  20. Nobody's Home

mp100 fancomic! mild post manga spoilers? shrugs
    [​IMG]

• Winner x 6
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice