Moonlight Nocturne

Discussion in 'The Queen of Cups' started by Zin, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"... you're weird," she says, starting to laugh. She's still holding Miriam's hand, their fingers laced comfortably together. "... everybody at school thinks shchavlevyj borshch is weird too, though, I guess."

"... nachos sound nice. I like... lots of things. ... not soda on cereal though."

2. Nicholas Pierce

Nicholas Pierce I Was Kidnapped By A Kitten

"Borscht is beets, right? That sounds pretty good..." Nick runs a hand through his hair, then munches a spoonful of cereal.

3. Miriam Pierce

Miriam Pierce New Member

"Mnh. I think we have some venison we can add to the nachos?" Miri looks thoughtful. "...you can eat deer, right?"

4. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"Mmhm. It's this soup with like, dandelions and eggs and stuff. Mom likes making it in winter."

Elena frowns. "I... think so..." She pulls out her phone for a few moments. "... Yeah, I can eat deer. It's just pigs and rabbits, mostly; Mom's not Orthodox or anything. Which is good because technically you're not supposed to mix meat and dairy together, but not having nachos would suck."

5. Miriam Pierce

Miriam Pierce New Member

"Dandelions?" Miri tilts her head. "...huh. that sounds kind of cool? Think you could share, sometime?"

6. Nicholas Pierce

"...oh. well. I'm glad it wasn't rabbit stew last night." Nick laughs quietly. "...just deer..."

7. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"Yeah! ... I think Mom would like sharing. She doesn't really know anyone Ukrainian around here."

Elena flushes. "... it's okay. We're not, like... it's not that big of a thing. I won't die or anything." Just feel weird.

"... where do you get rabbits and deer from, anyway?"

8. Nicholas Pierce

"Hunting permits. Plus. Uh. Joanna works for the parks service. So. She knows the best spots?" Nick grins. "...it's really fun, actually."

9. Miriam Pierce

Miriam Pierce New Member

"...I haven't caught anything yet... But I'm. Going to...." Miri puts a hand on her hip. "I'm going to bag the biggest buck in the forest!"

• Like x 1
  10. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"... can I help?" she asks, perking up. "Do you use guns or crossbows or... ?"

Nick probably will not miss the enamored look on Elena's face, when Miriam talks about murdering things.

11. Miriam Pierce

Miriam Pierce New Member

"I'm going to use my bare hands," Miriam puffs up, then makes a neck snapping motion, grinning huge.

• Like x 1
  12. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

Elena stares. Then turns to Nick. "... can I do that??"

• Like x 1
  13. Nicholas Pierce

"Uuuh. You'll. Huh." He hesitates. "...maybe eventually?"

14. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

She grins, squeezing Miriam's hand. "Oh... Can I have a big knife?"

• Like x 1
  15. Nicholas Pierce

"I don't see why not?" Nick grins.

16. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"Will you help me get one? Mom won't let me have one from the shop." Bouncing happily.

17. Miriam Pierce

Miriam Pierce New Member

"Yeah, we just need you to buy the $40 bowie knife." Miri grins.

18. Nicholas Pierce

"...huh. oh. Heck yeah, no problem." Nick grins from ear to ear.

19. Elena Yakir

Elena Yakir on the hunt

"... we could get more than one bowie knife. And I think Mom has a machete, but those would be harder to walk around with."

She grins, squeezing Miriam's hand. "Awesome!"

20. Nicholas Pierce

"...I'm going to need to see that Machete." Nick grins wider, eyes bright.

• Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice